Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1415

Thread: Medieval: Total War XL

Default Medieval Total War XL

Ah, "Rome: Total War"... I know... I wanted to try it after the Medieval one...

Thread Necromancer Member Vantek's Avatar

Default Re: Medieval Total War XL

Can someone tell me why I can't make Gallowglasses? The mod info files seem to indicate that only a Swordsmith is required for them, and the Swordsmith Guild (which I haven't built yet) does not list them as units made available. XL, Hard, started in high.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Default Re: Medieval: Total War XL

You definitely can. Were you able to build them before but now can't? That might indicate you lose the ability at a certain date.

If you've never been able to build them, I don't know. I can build them in my game. But I'm not up to 1264.

hi guys, xl is a excellent mod, but I found some names could not translate in my computer. Like this

!!!Machiavelli!!! could not translate.

Could someone help me?

Thread Necromancer Member Vantek's Avatar

I am not aware of any era restrictions on the Gallowglasses, let alone them being restricted to only Early.

EDIT: haha blackjack, I just yesterday also noticed such a name. I don't think it has any significant effect on the gameplay though.
    Last edited by Vantek; 12-11-2009 at 11:08.

Yes Vantek,that's not a significant effect, but that is not perfect for MTW, and There are other names such as !!! Hung Ch'a-Ch'i u !!! !!! KNroly !!! also can not translate, I want to remove these useless name and play again

Uergobretos Senior Member Brennus's Avatar

Hi there!

In the Europa Barbororum II people were discussing the limit of faction slots, during this discussion somebody mentioned the Medieval: Total War XL mod and how it had a vast array of factions so I thought I would check it out.

I always preferred Viking Invasion over the original campaign in no small part due to the absence of several regional powers such as Scotland, Portugal and Norway from the original campaign (plus Picts rule!), however you seem to have blown that problem clean out of the water. Excellent job!

I was therefore wondering if this mod is still available for download and what the requirements are for its installation?

donated by ARCHIPPOS for being friendly to new people.
    donated by Macilrille for wit.
    donated by stratigos vasilios for starting new and interesting threads
    donated by Tellos Athenaios as a welcome to Campus Martius

Beauty hunter Senior Member Raz's Avatar

If I can recall correctly, the requirements are simply MTW (original) + VI (expansion) + v2.01 Patch. They're all included in the Gold Edition if you have that (I think, heh).

The download links are available on the first post of the first page of this thread - Here.

Links appear to be operational, you'll either end up here:
    http://www.atomicgamer.com/files/646...w_xl3_full-exe
    OR here:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JC3S4Q6L

Either one seems fine.
    Pretty much all the information you need is on that first post.

Good luck, have fun and may XL serve to extend the enjoyment that the original Medieval: Total War provided!
    Quote Originally Posted by drone
    I imagine an open-source project to recreate [Medieval: Total War] would be faced with an army of high-valour lawyers.

Live your life out on Earth; I'm going to join the Sun.

Thank you!

Is it normal for the Irish campaign to crash?

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Just want to leave a short message expressing my appreciation for this incredible mod.

I had forgotten how good this was. Thank you VikingHorde. I hope you'll get to read this.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Hello all. I just encountered something ive never seen before. Im new to the XL mod and I have XL Mod 3.0 + Tiberius 2.0 Final plus the 2.1 and 2.2 patches. I took over a province from rebels and it had nothing built on it. I built some Watch Towers and then I built a Muster Field. However the recruit button doesnt illuminate in that province and I cannot recruit a Peasant Levy from that province. Is there a reason why? Do I also need a castle on it? It says "Muster Field" Alone enable the training of Peasant Levy. However I cannot recruit anything in the province... Has anyone else ever experienced this before? Is it a bug?
    PEASANTS DONT LIKE BEING TAXED (ECONOMIC CHALLENGE) MOD VERSION 1.0 RELEASED!
    DOWNLOAD IT NOW

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Welcome to the Org, iLeeT_PeeP!

I don't have access to game files at the moment, have you checked the Peasant Levy line in the unit prod for other restrictions?
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Quote Originally Posted by iLeeT_PeeP View Post
    Do I also need a castle on it?
    This... Answer: yes....

- A

Yep yer right a castle was needed in order to recruit. One more question...

How do you cross armies from Spain into Morroco?

I know in Vanilla they can cross right over but in XL they cannot?
    Last edited by iLeeT_PeeP; 04-03-2012 at 18:15.
    PEASANTS DONT LIKE BEING TAXED (ECONOMIC CHALLENGE) MOD VERSION 1.0 RELEASED!
    DOWNLOAD IT NOW

Hi to all,

by this thread I´ve been lured into playing this mod.

VikingHorde, thanks for making the best game ever something....sorry, can´t find words for the respect I feel for this tremendous masterpiece of work.

Had tried some minor changes myself (danes as pagans, terrorizing all cristianity as they did historically correct in the 9th and10th century, for example), but XL3 - again, thanks for that!

Stumbled over a problem: Starting Lithuanians/early/GA I invade Prussia in the first turn, and the game crashes if I press the"attack" - button. Any suggestion?

Greetings from the Blackforest,

daigaku

Hi,

got the problem with Lithuania/CTD solved. In Vanilla, the LithCav can dismount to Archers, and already there I enabled the bow mounted (used to play mostly as the Danes, getting some usable Cav this way taking Livonia as GA). Hadn´t recognized, that with the MOD there was no ammo...

Was that really meant, to strip those guys down to some mere LightCav?

greetings, daigaku

great mod

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Time to download and play this amazing mod once more!
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Member thankful for this post:

Assassins Guild Member The Outsider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edyzmedieval View Post
    Time to download and play this amazing mod once more!
    Yep. Thats exactly what im gonna do now. I wish that viking horde was still here to see the continious sucess of his mod.

Assassins Guild Member The Outsider's Avatar

Ok guys, I have installed the mod with the tyberius 3 version on my windows 8 pc. However, the campaigns dont start. Just when the loading seems to end, the game crashes to desktop. I have searched the web for a solution but nothing comes up and many people seem to have this issue with windows 8. None of the compatibilty mods work and I also tried the button fix solution. Nothing. This is deeply annoying since I was really prepeared to play as cumans and crush everything visible. Anyhow, if anyone has a solution for this please let me know.

Philosophically Inclined Member CountMRVHS's Avatar

Is there any way to get this mod from another site other than 3ddownloads? When I try to download it, I get an error message saying it's essentially a virus and won't let me download.

I'd really love to give this mod a try - any suggestions please?

Try the Atomic Gamer link I added to post #1, that's the Org's host and should still be valid.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

Thanks - I had been trying with Internet Explorer; when I switched to Google Chrome I didn't get that error message and was able to download fine.

Quick follow up - I have no experience with using mods for MTW, so if XL isn't to my taste, how difficult would it be to uninstall and get back the vanilla game?

The best way to use mods with MTW is to first install a fresh copy and patch it to 2.01. Then all you need to do is copy that whole directory (name it something related to the mod) and install the mod over top of that copy. Create a desktop shortcut for the copy if the mod doesn't do it for you. To uninstall just delete the copy, you don't need the Windows install/unistall capability for anything.

Ah, cool. I've currently got a clean (unmodded) VI 2.01 - so all I do is copy that and then install the mod over it. Nice, thanks again! :)

This Mod is just amazing. Really brings out more fun in MTW. Thank you VH!

downloaded from the Atomic Gamer link but when i load up MTW Viking invasion nothing has changed tried drag an dropping the folder from downloads to the MTW folder on my hard drive but still nothing just looking for help super excited to try this out with the new Factions

Quote Originally Posted by Mycotroph View Post
    downloaded from the Atomic Gamer link but when i load up MTW Viking invasion nothing has changed tried drag an dropping the folder from downloads to the MTW folder on my hard drive but still nothing just looking for help super excited to try this out with the new Factions
    The best way to run MTW mods is to keep a fresh install of the game and copy the whole directory for each mod you want to run. The game doesn't use much disk space by today's standards, so it's not going to eat your hard drive. Copy the install to a new directory called "MTW XL" or similar, and then run the downloaded XL installer onto that directory. Can't remember if the XL installer creates a desktop shortcut, but you can do that yourself if not.

Member Member dimitrios the samian's Avatar

Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748 LastLast