Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Reconquista: Total War

animo vamos por la SP celtivero ,
    numanciaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Lord, Cartographer and Poet. Member King Azzole's Avatar

Wow nice work I must add another to the pile youve acquired. Now if it only had a SP game ;)
    Charge, repeat as necessary.

Looks great but I do agree with the others SP campaign would make it much better then it already is. I wish you luck on your poject here and I look forward to tracking this.

There is a new version available: Reconquista: Total War v0.2

This version solves some bugs, it gives more balance to units and factions, better graphics, some maps, and a units guide. This mod is for Viking Invasion. It only supports Custom and Multiplayer games.

"The game [M2TW] is actually more balanced than rock/paper/scissor. Combinations that work: rock vs rock - paper vs paper - scissor vs scissor.
    A new frontier that wipes off a bunch of old concepts"
    - Machiavelli69

"Shogun was chess, vi was chequers rome was tiddlywinks and mtw2 musical chairs." - Swoosh So

Member Member Sir Zack de Caldicot's Avatar

Oh Goody *Giggle*

Seriously though, this is an amazing mod and I can't wait for a campaign version

Sir Zack
    I WANT ROME - TOTAL WAR

www.celtiberos.com > Descargas > MODS > Reconquista Mod 0.2
    http://www.celtiberos.com/modules....getit&l id=28

Soon a webpage will centralise all the info and news about the Mod, but some small facts:

- Specifically designed for MP playing: more fine-tuned RPS system than the standard game: now cav is useful vs swords, but beware of spears

- 16 new factions: 8 catholic, 8 muslim (1 mercenary faction for each religion) based in the geographical and historical regions from the Reconquista period, the fiercest and biggest battles of the medieval period in the Iberian fields, covering the Al-Andalus evolution. Galician, Portuguese, Leon, Castille, Zaragosa, Aragon, Catalonian, Valencian, Toledo, Granada, Cordoba and more to choose from.

- 132 new units, with total variety btw factions, but with balance in mind. All units have their counterparts, with mixed-type units: spears, poles, pikes, axes, swords, light cav, heavy cav, archers, camels.... all them have their use now.

- Greatly improved tactical potential for the game, no more boring line-armies. You can use now tricks and baits against your enemy and see how effective are traps against units. Also, few things are son pleasant as seeing a rusher who relays only in swords and cav getting kicked out if he dares to frontally attack your balanced army and you have a minimum decent level and sharp eye.

- Only 2.9 mb to download, and then 5 clics to automatically install the game (plus a neat background image for installer ). The Mod won't interfere with your normal VI installation, no need to stat-swap or anything, just play normally whatever type of game you wish, be it Reconquista, Early, High, Late or Viking eras.

- New speed balance too, allowing better reactions and less energy exhaustion in battles played in big maps or with extensive use of team movements.

- Which mod can offer you neat Pink Camel Lancers??

- New religious order and mercenary units are kept in the Artillery section, with specifically designed groups for each faction in the game. These special units are intended for MP Campaign games and to add spice to normal MP games, but they need to be limited by rules to avoid imbalance, as they are usually better than normal units at same cost. Typical rules are 2 mercenary / 2 religious units max, 1/1 max or no special units at all.

- No Charlton Heston Cid there

- The cuttiest flags you have ever seen in a TW game.

- Elite Naphtas Mo won't never forget this mod hehehehe

- Mod available in Spanish, English and Italian versions.

- A unit information guide with stats is available included with the Mod. You will find it in your MTW folder. Spanish version includes a brief description of each unit beside stats, which will be translated soon.

- Almircar's excellent Army Builder Tool will make be available in a new update version to allow everybody search for the army he/she wants (ese Almirrrrr, gracias )

- Annie has also offered a future upgraded version of her Online Battle Analyzer for the Mod (merci ).

- Soon to be announced league tournament (another idea offered by Ann) and MP Campaign.

- Feel again the joy of feeling as noob as everybody else, considering nobody knows perfect armies and the game needs researching for miriads of possible combinations. Don't trust the pics of the units, trust their descriptions, and try to find the balance btw the 3 basic types of units while sticking to any of your preferred game styles. You can play 10 battles and have 10 different armies and game approachs. Right now, with normal VI, you have very few competitive or fun options

- Designed with 10k in mind, so the good old around 800 florins rule still makes sense, allowing for fast learning curve of the new balance.

And prolly more things I'm forgetting right now, I've written this in a rush

C'mon, vets, this is much better than standard MTW VI. Show why Shogun was a better game, as this mod resembles it's gameplay much more than any other thing out there (except Barocca's Mod ). The time has come to give MTW a resurrection before RTW comes out...

Reconquista Mod v0.3 Home Page Toda gloria es efímera, pero el honor perdura por siempre

Boa pagina
    Esta muito fixe m8
    Nao ligues ao estupido do meu Pm
    Death is the only true in life

Excellent I love your mod. I dont think I need to say anymore then that. Oh and deadrunner, about your signature that says death is the only true in life...is it not the only purpose of life as well...to die?

yep ,but is the only thing that you know since child that you get it.

Hi all,

VIArmyBuilder is being prepared to read Reconquista mod. I think now its prepared, perhaps some little bugs not seeing now, but you can test it. I sugest to re-install builder.

http://personales.ya.com/almircar

Any bug or idea, dont doubt to tell me.

Un Saludo.

Rout Meister Member KyodaiSteeleye's Avatar
    Potton, near Sandy, the centre of the unknown universe

Great mod - see you on the battlefield

oh - and nice army list tool

KyodaiSpan, KyodaiSteeleye, PFJ_Span, Bohemund. Learn to recognise psychopaths

does it change the menu screen N:TW did
    Nothing interesting here, Move along folks

does it have a self-install a guy on gamespy said it did

final question does it work on VI or just M:TW

Clan Takiyama Senior Member CBR's Avatar

Doesnt change the menu like NTW.

It comes with an installer that should automatically find the right folder to install in.

Only works for VI.

CBR

thanks cbr

Rock 'n' Roll Will Never Die Member Axeknight's Avatar

The mod's great I've only played one battle, but it's very different to regukar MTW. How should I adjust my tactics?

well, i'm using spears again for a start

The Recon mod v0.3 is now available. Download it clicking here

GENERAL CHANGES

- It's basically a version to improve the balance. Mercenary and Religious prices have been adjusted in order to be balanced compared with the regular units. Some spears now have better stats, as well as the cavalry charge strenght has been raised, so it punishes those armies which have a lack of anticavalry troops.

- Totally translated for English, Italian and German versions and, with a patch, also available in French.Revised the English and the Spanish translations.

- Now the Religious units can be found among the regular infantry and cavalry.

- The Mercenaries, as well as the Religious units, are now balanced, so there's no need of any restriction about the use of those units.

- The graphic and colours for the Zagarosa shield have been improved.

- The look of some unit have been improved.

- Added a new faction: the Murabitins, with 4 new unique units.

- Available, using a patch for this version, a new era called campReconquista, with the old unbalanced Mercenary and Religious units, that will be used for multiplayer campaigns.

- Added 5 new Historical Battles: Campos Cataláunicos, Covadonga, Farum, Muret and Toledo.(Battles made by CeltiberoIdibil and Karmipoka).

- Added a new Historical Campaign: Almogávares.(Campaign made by Karmipoka).

- 17 new maps. (Thanks to CeltiberoIdibil, CeltiberoLoky and Karmipoka).

"The game [M2TW] is actually more balanced than rock/paper/scissor. Combinations that work: rock vs rock - paper vs paper - scissor vs scissor.
    - Machiavelli69

"Shogun was chess, vi was chequers rome was tiddlywinks and mtw2 musical chairs." - Swoosh So

http://reconquista.celtiberos.com

Available both in spanish and english versions. For now it only has the main information about the Mod (balance approachs included), and a poor aspect for now (will have to kill all that red ). Of course, download link is included

In the near future, if I don't get another absent week like I had some days ago, it will get improved from time to time.

Enjoy.

Reconquista Mod v0.3 Home Page Toda gloria es efímera, pero el honor perdura por siempre

Very Senior Member Gawain of Orkeny's Avatar

Thanx for the Mod it works great. It is the perfect fill in until RTW comes out. I dont like playing any other era now though Gah.
    Fighting for Truth , Justice and the American way

when a sp map will be released??

I'm sad because Mordred don´t want to ear to talk about NO COMPATIBLE OPTIONS.

Oh, yes, that's sounds good, everybody enjoy it easily but... I can't add my especials weapons and shields (and in ten years of hard work a new uniforms to the units, ha ha ha) to make this new mod like a really new mod.

Maybe in the future we know how. But if we add those improvements this turns not a simple addon. You not could play this mod and play Viking original games choosing with a click.
    Important question. The main idea was: incorporate a simple new multiplayer era. Easy to choose and play but you preserve your original Viking play options.

Snif, I'm sad. Someone knows how I can have two Textures (original and Reconquista-Textures), for play the two game options easily without a new instalation of VI?

Mordred, I not going to forget the hope... since the Rome comes. Hehehe.

Are you mad? Make a mod.
    Hey, oh, let's go

Good mod

But too new troops :p What about the old mod you sent to me? It worked wery well for balancing VI imho ;)

I have succesfully created a mod map based in the main map but with new provinces: Santiago, Asturias, Toledo, Sevilla, Niebla, murcia, catalonia and balears islands (wich works like malta or rodhes), all the other things are the same, but i wanted to create this map in order to dont have a blitzkrieg in the peninsula cause the reconquista goes from 711 to 1492.
    I said it cause if you want i can send it to you and you combine them to make a mod playable for many factions, that is the reconquista integered in Europe.

First of all, thanks for your comments.

Reconquista mod has now its own website: http://reconquista.celtiberos.com

It has a forum where you can share ideas/comments or give opinions, and helping to develop the future campaign for next versions.

Vinsi: I decided to leave that project because it didn't add too much to the original game...only stats adjustments, and people didnt seem to be really interested in it. That mod is finished, and you can play it if you want (I think I gave you the download site). Feel free to share it or do the advertising. In a certain way, the Recon mod is that old balanced mod, but disguised with other factions/shields/colours .

Sir Viente, the idea is not to integrate the Reconquista into the regular campaign, but create a completely new campaign in the same way than other mods like Hellenic, with a complete new map. Recon mod has 15 new factions, and so many factions require a lot of provinces. We already have made a map with more than 70 provinces located in the Iberian Peninsula, but thanks anyways: if you want to colaborate don't hesitate, everyone is welcome :). You can visit the Mod or celtiberos webpages, there we are discussing about all concerning the developement of the mod.

And finally, some new screenshots:

- Machiavelli69

Thank you Mordred for answer so quiet, but:

I have to say to you that i saw in your answer that there is a maptex, a lukupmap, a rengion-land specific and another things that wasnt in the exe file that i have downloaded this morning using the link in the first Reply of this topic. I need to play this mod so i have to ask you where can i download those other ingredients to play a single campaign, a campaign wich promises too much fun

I have already created my account in your page, but if you wwant to answer mi question here also i will be happy ;)..

Many thanks

CeltiberoRamiroI Member Monkwarrior's Avatar
    Salduie/Caesaraugusta/ Sarakusta/Saragossa

Hi SirVicente,
    this mod is not downloadable (o como se diga) because it doesn't run still properly. I have been working on it (soy Ramiro con otro nombre, je, je ) but the campaign crashes after the first year. I am investigating why (my questions about this problem are everywhere in the forums of the .org and the .com) and if I find the solution, I hope the mod will be available in the (near?) future, although it is necessary a lot of work about region attributes, starting positions, names, etc.
    As Mordred said, help is welcome if you want to participate (mainly if you have some experience in modding).
    Saludos.

Nice website - particularly like the very clear explanation of the changes in troop stats.

Flying Dutchman Member Ellesthyan's Avatar

Those screenshots look wonderful Kudos on the shields
    A.E.I.O.U.

Austria Est Imperare Orbi Universo
    Austria is destined to rule the world.

(Or, as the Prussians interpretated it:
    Austria Erit In Orbe Ultima
    Austria will one day be lowest in the world.)

Österreich über alles!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast