Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Reconquista: Total War

CeltiberoRamiroI Member Monkwarrior's Avatar
    Salduie/Caesaraugusta/ Sarakusta/Saragossa

Default Re: Reconquista: Total War

Quote Originally Posted by Grell
    The full sized MapTex file is 36 Meg (is there anywhere I can post this???) or get this to you if you are interested?
    You can send me as jpg and I will transform into tga.

GHRE, Pisa, Venice, Papist, Aquitaine, Provence and France are all minor unplayable factions. They are there for historical accuracy and "feel". It will not be possible to move to German, Papal, etc territory. I deliberately made the Golden Horde the Almohads (as they will emerge in the correct geographical location as the Horde does in the standard campiagn, but with Almo troops of course), same for Portugal (Swiss tag) and Granada (Burgundian for the late game). The Pope will call for Crusades to Muslim Iberian lands and factions like Castile, Aragon, etc will get glory gola points (as they will use Enlgand, France, etc).
    Unfortunately I think your ideas are not possible. The dates and places where Golden Horde, Swiss and Burgundians appear are hard coded.
    I had also though in this possibility but I discarded it.
    The same happens for glory goals. It seems that the only possibility for custom campaigns are points for conquest of some particular provinces. The other goals are hard coded.

I can send you a full list of land_regs and their tags. I can also send you a complete set of graphics (battle flags, shld_sm, etc) for every faction I have listed abpve, IMHO these are far superior to the ones which come with the official game...
    Of course I will be delighted in receiving all your great graphical stuff.

See my PM.
    Many thanks for your kind opinions and your interest in this part of the medieval history.
    Cheers.

fantastic stuff, do you intend to integrate the new map monk-warrior?

Quote Originally Posted by Peregrine_Tergiversate
    fantastic stuff, do you intend to integrate the new map monk-warrior?
    It would require a lot of additional work.
    It is necessary to give properties to the new provinces and limits (ground type, economy, names...), and moreover there are a lot of new factions, with new units...
    Now I am involved in a new project for RTW and it will be difficult, but... who knows.

i hope so

To WarriorMonk:

I'm greatly interested to development of your Reconquista mod.
    I've tried several times to make it work before reading your post on totalwar.com mod forum, and now that I know how to do, I find it a little
    complex.
    I appreciated your intention to build a .exe file that makes installation easier,
    but as it seems (reading around this Forum) your program still suffers some crashing episode.
    Now, I simply wanto to tells you that I'm writing as a representative of 3 damned players of MTW and, listen carefully, we will even give you money if
    you ultimate your work (now you have the graphic-developer support).

Thanks for everything done

Quote Originally Posted by OmarPacha
    I'm greatly interested to development of your Reconquista mod.
    I've tried several times to make it work before reading your post on totalwar.com mod forum, and now that I know how to do, I find it a little
    complex.
    I appreciated your intention to build a .exe file that makes installation easier,
    but as it seems (reading around this Forum) your program still suffers some crashing episode.
    Now, I simply wanto to tells you that I'm writing as a representative of 3 damned players of MTW and, listen carefully, we will even give you money if
    you ultimate your work (now you have the graphic-developer support).

Thanks for everything done
    Many thanks for your interest, but finally I did not understand some points.
    What do you find complex? the installation or the game?
    Did you try the .exe file? The file is not very accessible as it is in the downloads page, full mirror, in a folder named buu. In many ocassions it is not possible to connect, but the last time I looked there it was.
    With regard to crashing episodes, it happened to me only once in 100 turns and nobody has posted more problems.
    About the graphical support, I contacted with Grell and I have his new maps, but not all the other files, so I cannot improved the aspect of my campaign.
    Thanks for your offer of money but for the moment I cannot accept.
    Cheers.

Forsmark, Sweden, where the radiation keeps me warm.

Hi Monkwarrior. Your mod looks realy great and i would love to play the Reconquista 1.0 62mb version and learn more about spanish history, but the problem is that I can´t find it . Your link shows a list of mods and tools but Reconquista is not there. I would realy aprociate a new downloadlink to Reconquista 1.0.

Regards.

Radier.
    I support the Pike and Musket:Total War

Also Europa Barbarorum supporter!

Quote Originally Posted by Radier
    Hi Monkwarrior. Your mod looks realy great and i would love to play the Reconquista 1.0 62mb version and learn more about spanish history, but the problem is that I can´t find it . Your link shows a list of mods and tools but Reconquista is not there. I would realy aprociate a new downloadlink to Reconquista 1.0.

Regards.

Radier.
    Yes, it was also difficult for me to find it.
    Try in this link:
    http://212.238.194.39/files/AutoInde...x.php?dir=buu/
    Although it is sometimes down, it seems to work. I hope you enjoy the campaign.

Cheers.

Thank you very much!

Forsmark, Sweden, where the radiation keeps me warm.

Thanks Monkwarrior.
    I support the Pike and Musket:Total War

Also Europa Barbarorum supporter!

I finished 3 times campaign in this mod (Castillia, Aragon and Cordoba). I think it's great. Nice new units, new countries, interesting unit and taifas balance, campaign is not so easy - that's good!

Good work!!!
    I still like to play old MTW thanks to this mod.

I had small problem - it's impossible to get major victory. When I complete minor victory and choose to continue playing, game had ctd.

Quote Originally Posted by uksiu
    I finished 3 times campaign in this mod (Castillia, Aragon and Cordoba). I think it's great. Nice new units, new countries, interesting unit and taifas balance, campaign is not so easy - that's good!

Good work!!!
    I still like to play old MTW thanks to this mod.

I had small problem - it's impossible to get major victory. When I complete minor victory and choose to continue playing, game had ctd.
    I'm very happy to find somebody who enjoy this campaign.

Regarding the major victory.... you arrived further than me, hence I cannot imagine what is the problem.
    Did you manage to win in the three campaigns?
    I thought that playing with Aragon was very difficult.
    Some other players say that Galicia is also a difficult faction and in the muslim side probably Valencia (few starting provinces) or Zaragoza (surrounded by many strong factions with its provinces separated by a river).
    You can try them as a challenge.

I just thought I'd say that I enjoyed playing this mod. After a few campaigns I went back to XL mod, but I may return to reconquista again later.
    _

Hello,

Where i can download Reconquista 1.0? .........i cant find it....
    Thank
    Mas

warning- plot loss in progress Senior Member barocca's Avatar
    (*disclaimer* - reality may or may not exist, in some societies reality is a crime, punishable by life)

The winds that blows -
    ask them, which leaf on the tree
    will be next to go.

i downloaded it, and I couldnt open the file...and why is it only 12mb????

Unfortunately that is an old version, I think with the map in jpg format instead of tga.
    The complete self-installer was 62 MB size and it is not available in any of the .org servers. The old link doesn't work anymore.
    I have the file, but the size is too large to send it by e-mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkwarrior
    Unfortunately that is an old version, I think with the map in jpg format instead of tga.
    The complete self-installer was 62 MB size and it is not available in any of the .org servers. The old link doesn't work anymore.
    If you contact Tosa, then im shure he will help you out uploading the newest version.

MTW XL version 3.0 out now! Get it here:
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=31201

Too bad this mod isn't finnished, because in this kind of specific area campaign there is so much more historical atmosphere than with those grand scale TW campaigns.

Actually onlly better mod setting comes to mind than Reconquista would be the Baltic Sea setting with Teutonic Knights, Poland, Lithuania, Kiev (+Mongols) fighting each other. :charge:

Anyway, The Reconquista: TW is probably the best mod(setting) out there, but am I only one who gets CTD every time after the year 1142? I have tried 3 campaigns, two with Catalonia and one with Castilla and everything works fine until the year 1142 comes and crashes the game.

Could this be 12mb manual install problem? I understood that there exist a 62mb autoinstall version, if so, why it isn't available in ORG files/3D gamers?

Couple of months back I was getting a crash on a regular date. Can't remember the year but it might well be the one you say. I changed the start date (by knocking off 1000 years, so 1030 becomes 0030). No crashes since and I can still keep track easily of the real date. I'm sure there's a cleverer solution, but this works for me.

Agree with you about these more local campaigns having the best atmosphere and realism. Spain is one good location, but Italy is another - check out the mod from Fader It, which is currently being remade for VI. It rocks as it is, so can't wait for the upgrade. Crusader States and Byzantium should be brilliant too, though looks like longer to wait for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Deutschordensritter
    Could this be 12mb manual install problem? I understood that there exist a 62mb autoinstall version, if so, why it isn't available in ORG files/3D gamers?
    Just in case anyone is still interested, the server seems to work for downloading the full version:
    http://tosainu.demon.nl/files/AutoIn...a_v1.0beta.exe
    However, I'm not sure if this will solve the CTD problem at 1142.

Hi again,
    barocca has been so kind to upload Reconquista mod to 3ddownloads page. Here you have the link: http://www.3ddownloads.com/totalwar/...ods/Celtiberos

Thanks barocca.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkwarrior
    Greetings, you can upload the big file on this site for free:
    http://www.rapidshare.de/
    But they only allow 50MB per file. However, you can probably cut the file size in half into two files like 30mb/32mb files and maybe give instructions to join the files into one seperate folder or into MTW folder. Is the map the one you guys made that looks like MTW maps or the one from Crusader Kings that other the modder copied? Fileplanet.com allows you to upload big mod files I think for free. They have a bunch of unoffical mods on their site also. Gracias, Seńiores for making this.

What am I doing wrong??

I have one install with XL on it. I don't want to lose that so I made another install of MTW/VI/VI Patch 1.02 into a folder in Program Files I named "Reconquista". I then tried to install the Reconquista mod into that folder by replacing "Total War" with "Reconquista" where the mod's installer has default C:\Program Files\Total War. It seems to install but when I try to play I just get the vanilla version. I have Windows XP if that makes a difference.

I've seen quite a few rave reviews posted about this mod and would like to give it a try.

Thanks

Senior Member Senior Member Graphic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cid
    What am I doing wrong??

I have one install with XL on it. I don't want to lose that so I made another install of MTW/VI/VI Patch 1.02 into a folder in Program Files I named "Reconquista". I then tried to install the Reconquista mod into that folder by replacing "Total War" with "Reconquista" where the mod's installer has default C:\Program Files\Total War. It seems to install but when I try to play I just get the vanilla version. I have Windows XP if that makes a difference.

I've seen quite a few rave reviews posted about this mod and would like to give it a try.

Thanks
    It's probably going into a second folder

C:\Program Files\Reconquista\Reconquista

That happened with the BKB mod. If that's the case, find the folder with in the folder and drag everything in it out to the main folder and let it overwrite.

Yes, this is probably the reason.
    The folder structure should be C\Program files\Total War\Medieval Total War
    The installer tries to install the mod in this "third level" folder.

That worked! Have a feeling it's an XP thing.

Great mod!

Thanks guys.

Congratulations Monkwarrior! this is an amazing mod, how could you say you don't think it's popular? it just needs some polishing, if you don't have the time (or the ability in what concerns the graphics, as you said) maybe someone can continue your work. have anyone made you any offer recently (like Grell did)? i'd love to do it myself, but i don't have any idea about modding

Thanks Asterion.
    Glad you enjoy the mod.

I am really immersed in the new project, Iberia Total War for RTW (and soon we will have to adapt it for BI), and I have no time to polish Reconquista.

The Grell's offer was to completely renew the campaign, and it is really a too-much-hard work for me at the moment.
    Of course, if anyone wants to improve the graphics, he can do it (but please, contact me before doing it).

About the popularity, this mod was done only by two people, Mordred made the units (with stats and so on) and I made the campaign. This is probably the reason, together with the restricted nature of the map, because of this mod is not more popular. Anyway, I feel happy when somebody enjoys Reconquista (it was my very first modding attempt ).

hi all cane somme one please tel me where to download the full version of Reconquista and how to put it in my MTW

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast