Thread: The use of multiple names

Senior Member Senior Member Krasturak's Avatar

Gah!

Krast only uses one name for MP: RageKrast.

Why do some pople use mulitple names, to hide themselves?

Krast thinks it is best to maintain one, single identity for all to see.

This makes our community stronger, as it becomes easier for new people to understand who is who, and for all of us to share in the game with a sense of friendship.

Comment?

yes your a hypocrite
    I am great

Yorkist Senior Member NagatsukaShumi's Avatar

Well if we ever see the end of the "Oh look your honour isn't good enough, I won't play you" then I suppose we will keep the one name, but otherwise I doubt we'll see it happening. Because everyone (Or most) basically uses the honour next to your name as a measure of your skill they basically tell you to leave if your honour isn't high, which I find pretty much arrogant, I'll play anyone who asks, unless they are rude towards me or proved cheaters. For all we know the player with low honour may be an absolutely great player who tries new things (Like I love to do, I don't like this now-default set-up of guns and more guns)
    RIP TosaInu
    Ja Mata

Senior Member Senior Member NinjaKilla's Avatar

Krast it may surprise you to know, but I totally agree with you. Having said that I have been using an alternative name over the last week while I have been learning to play MI. However, you and most other people around here are aware of that because I have told them without being asked. This is my only other name and it won't be used in another day or so.

------------------
    Clan Kenchikuka

i agree fellows... i keep 1 regular name... and when someone wants me to play a comp i jump into Phantom name... (everyone should know who i am... or atleast krast does ) also... using honour as a measure of your skill should be stopped... i never try to get honour and... well no comment but honour should not prove how "good" you are... honour is only a tag that you wear... its what you do on battle that determines your skill.... RIGHT KRAST?!

------------------
    Whether a man is in upper or lower ranks, if he has put his life on the line atleast once, there is no cause for shame.

AggonyShim2
    http://www.kaneyashi.com
    Fear the pain =-)
    Because only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain. -Richard M. Nixon

AggonyShim2
    *moons all*

Summa Rudis Senior Member Catiline's Avatar

Tank unless you can back it up with evidence, which for this sort of thing you clearly can't then don't annoy everybody by trying to cause trouble.

------------------
    Timeo hominem unius libri
    Quo usque tandem abutere, Catilina, patientia nostra

That is a statement to be considered carefully, Krast. You, no doubt, made a point, when you said that the usage of one single name would strenghten the community.
    I will think about it and maybe return with my prime name Jemasze only.
    The reason why i switched to a habit of using 612 names is simple:
    I love to hide and suddenly sneak out of the shadow, i even thought about creating a Ninja-online-character! Call it the dark side of the Force in me (hehe) but thats the reason.
    When i open my mouth (as loudly as one could open it LOL) about my numerous wins, i call a win against a good player a win against a good army, not a win against a well-known name! Many vets have undercover-names and play with these against my undercover-names often and i recognize some of the hidden "wellknown" personalities by their army, their gameplay or their behaviour, although they used a name like
    "Freelancer" or something... And i bet that these vets also recognized me behind some of my undercovernames (even before the battles)....hehe.

And by the way, whenever i say something only part of me is taking that serious what bubbles out of my crazy brain, the rest is laughing or at least grinning at my own foolishness...

But, Krast - most respected warrior - i hear what you say, it sounds sensible to me and i will think about it.

yours Jemasze

Krast you should also know how futile it is to bring this topic up. Not only is it as ancient as this game, but there is no backing off from either parties.

------------------
    The Soul

"What people do to other souls
    They take their lives - destroy their goals
    Their basic pride and dignity
    Is stripped and torn and shown no pity"

I have lots of names, and I will continue to use them. I dont however have "primary", "secondary", "undercover"...etc names. I like each and every one of my names, they are equally important to me. I dont pretent to be another person with different names, I keep my friends informed of my names, and I dont sneak and cause trouble for other people or clans. I dont even play comps.
    if anyone dont like me having multiple names, sorry, I cant help it I'm having fun this way. I dont see whats wrong with having more than one names, as long as it doesnt interfere other people having fun. And having fun is about all we do in a game right? So take it easy

------------------

++ UglyPolar ++ GlassHeart
    ++ UglyPolar ++ GlassHeart ++

Most of the "system players", gun monkeys and the relatively MI "newbies" (those who are good at MI today but never played old STW or played it few) use many names...its confusing sometimes, you play someone not knowing if hes someone you know.

Then if he wins he tells you who he is, if he doesn't, he keeps his mouth shut. It's just the "fun" of having many high honour names and playing everyone without fearing to have your reputation decreased, in case of a loss.

It is crap sometimes, coz when one is undercover he usually acts dishonourably and without control, but otherwise I am used to it so np...

Tera.

------------------
    Proud member of Clan Kenchikuka.
    evil is within us...

the goldfish Senior Member tootee's Avatar

LOL, many truth in these posts. But for some names are a reflection of the current mood of the players.. like me. I created nofarmer cos I wanted to play with a non-ashi army. I was redbull recently cos I wanted to try fast and fury tactics which I'm weak in. I remember I have one coldfingers because that particular day was pretty cold and my fingers were stiff. After watching a TV show, I returned as 1yang11an1, a main character in the show who was the bodyguard to the Yang warrior widows of Song Dynasty. And ...

------------------
    tootee the goldfish,
    headmaster of Shogun-Academy
    ------------------
    tootee the goldfish,
    loyal roach of Clan S.G.

My evidence Cat is that I distinctly remember one day I was using a uncercover name and was saying how boring it was and krast said to me "secret is fun" I know krast also uses other names.
    I am great

RageMonsta

I suppose it depends on the actions behind the name....if its to practise a new army or attack a person and hide your i.d..... it creates a world of difference.

Tank for eample shows no shame in his 'non-thought-out comment making' but still insists on making new names to piss people off....strange but true.

There have been actions taken against clans...infiltration etc by these players who wear many names....Rage had its 4th (known) 'attack' not so long ago....this is another pain in the arse as it means that we will recruit even less now...surly clans will all learn this (old) tactic and stop taking new blood...thus we will see clans fade to nothing...sadly.

so the action behind the change is more of a matter rather than the change itself...

As for the matter of people playing only those with higher honour....well if you still insisting on comp games then you need to be ignored there are many friendly games out there to be enjoyed or tourneys to show your worth.... Monsta for eample has honour score of 102 (still dont know where the 2 came from!)....I can without pause say...I can still eat most players for lunch no matter what numbers they have...so me not worried (although Monsta is also famous for major f*ck ups lol).

Tank be nice to my clan members and family in STW...you never know one day you may need a friend...or a stretcher.

Monsta what I said it true doesn't that imply he is a hypocrite. I'm not saying I am not a hypocrite because I am but my point was is that krast also is/was.
    I am great

Blog Entries

i have many names, the most are known...

and i bring new names from time to time, now u will ask me why?

easy, there are guys wich wont play me, i joined theyr games and they didnt started it!

Its useless for me to host a game (comp), with my original names noone will join, just some newbies...

so what i can do?

i just can use unknown names to play such guys, ofcourse earlyer or later they come behind this name....

anyway, latly i play mostly friendly games, but this was my intention why i created more than 1 name...

and ofcourse it was fun to kill some vents, and they didnt know whom they played, some of this bighead guys....

BUT, i always played fair with every name i used, i dont hide behind a name to use foolish words or attack others....

...just my few...

koc

alias...

zar
    GIRLPOWER
    Ronin
    CASTOR
    MIR
    MOC
    Tornado
    Taifun
    Raz
    zar
    sandman
    Ii Ii
    Ii so
    wmwmw

and all the other i forgot :D

no kocmoc likes to use his names to tell us how wolves "rule the game" now plz kocmoc this is your chance to explain how wolves "rule the game". Ok so wolves are good but doesn't mean they have any "right" over the game and control any other players as "rule the game" sounds as if this is what u want to do. It rather makes u sound like a schoolground bully who "rules the playyard".
    I am great

RageMonsta

So Tank you claim you were undercover and Krast said to you 'secret was fun'?.....was Krast wearing another name?....how could you tell it was him if he was?....he may have meant that secret was fun for you....or secret was fun if you make other aware of who you are in the end....this still doesnt not show Krast wearing another name does it Tank...and to be honest your word isnt the strongest thing around here is it...not sayin you are lying but....others might.

How would krast know secret was fun if he hadn't tried it? I am alsos ure krast would admit in the past he has used different names although at the moment I can't remember which specific name but I know he used another name. Although I think people knew who he was in that name wasn't that exactly the point krast was making in his initial post that this was not neccessary. To make it clear it isn't a personal attack on krast I was just pointing out that he in the past as used different names so maybe should understand why they do it.

[This message has been edited by Tankdogg123 (edited 05-21-2002).]
    I am great

Koc! I would gladly join your comp-game even when i see the mighty name Kocmoc! written on the screen...hehe
    I have thought about the problem of multiple names and i came to the following conclusion:

I will use my "prime" name Jemasze more often and i will use my 611 other names only in order to practice new tactics, armies etc.
    Whenever i speak out a formal challenge, i will certainly use "Jemasze Toda".

So...now i go and practice a bit with an undercover-name...later i will switch to Jemasze.

yours Jemasze

didnt read this whole thread but my online name is dreadknight...

that was b4 HOMAM etc. used MY name for a unit!

anywayz, I ussually dont see more then 8 or so ppl online ,or amI doing something wrong ?
    Abandon all hope.

now i get second thoughts...i think i will sometimes command my Ninja also to sneak out and kill some of the bigheaded generals out there....

Krast, the head-soup is for you!

yours Jemasze Toda

Beware! The Ronin-house of Toda may send a Ninja and he may hit you when you don't expect it...

a gift from our Khan of Khans, 3 names used last months

SirKalador
    1enemy4u
    Anda

and many more to be created soon, go check your local store.

these names are last months just to join the fools and check what they are doing.

quote:I gallop messages around, dont track me I can bring war as well

Use a name, don't use a name, whatever

I got one active name, which most guys know what it is and I sign with it on forums. If anyone wishes to use new names I do not object... you know why? Cuz it is impossible to stop people doing so in the first place.

Attempts to "persuade" people to use one name on some personal moral basis are laughable.

Regards, Ryurik

Senior Member Senior Member ElmarkOFear's Avatar

Darn I have been away too long. I don't remember seeing any of your current list of names Kocmoc and Magyar! I guess I will have to start playing this game more often.
    I have seen the future of TW MP and it is XBox Live!

Blue Eyed Samurai Senior Member Wishazu's Avatar

hi guys i would like to let everyone know that suicidalaibo is 1 of my 2 names. The other is MajesticWishazu... i mostly play as majestic but if i log on and there r no other members from my clan then i sometimes log back in as suicidal for a few games. i dont recognise most of ur names except maybe ragemonsta(Kurashima?) and krasturak who is ragekrast i think. have i played any of u others?

------------------
    Move not unless you see an advantage; use not your toops unless there is something to be gained; fight not unless the position is critical......Sun Tzu the Art of War
    "Wishazu does his usual hero thing and slices all the zombies to death, wiping out yet another horde." - Askthepizzaguy, Resident Evil: Dark Falls

"Move not unless you see an advantage; use not your troops unless there is something to be gained; fight not unless the position is critical"
    Sun Tzu the Art of War

Blue eyes for our samurai
    Red blood for his sword
    Your ronin days are over
    For your home is now the Org
    By Gregoshi

Toda Nebuchadnezzar

Quote Originally posted by Tankdogg123:
    no kocmoc likes to use his names to tell us how wolves "rule the game" now plz kocmoc this is your chance to explain how wolves "rule the game". Ok so wolves are good but doesn't mean they have any "right" over the game and control any other players as "rule the game" sounds as if this is what u want to do. It rather makes u sound like a schoolground bully who "rules the playyard".[/QUOTE]

HEHE I love it the way all of these conversations go off topic because people really have no idea what they are about. I can understand Kocmoc's point exactly. It's like the comment I made in the "best player" thread

Quote If you are the top player you are shunned by others because of their envy for your position.[/QUOTE]

Anyway Tank lets stick to the subject here ok.

------------------
    He is the Messiah
    No i'm not the Messiah
    Only the true Messiah would deny it.
    Alright then I am the Messiah.
    HE IS THE MESSIAH HOORAY!!!

Senior Member Senior Member Vanya's Avatar

Behind all this talk, each nickname a player uses is but a mask that sits on the same face each time. What you "see" is a side of the same person.

They can never hide who they are forever and from everybody. Somebody always knows who they are...

[Sips sake, eats popcorn]