Thread: Regional Farm Income

Hi everyone

For a while now I've been thinking of putting together a regional income sheet showing farming, resource and trade information per region as I've not been satisfied with what I've found so far.

Resource and trade income was simple but farming had me confused. I could never match the figures I'd found in previous threads. I think I have finally solved it

I have located a file in the MTW VI directory which shows farming income per region. After looking at this I believe it equals the maximum 80% upgrade * the acumen factor of the King at the start.

As an example Wessex shows as 350 in the file. Now it starts at 196 on normal with King of 4 acumen. Adding 80% upgrade gives 352.8 (assume difference is rounding). Now if my king dies and his son has 2 acumen this figure drops.

What I wanted was a base figure for each region regardless of acumen. To do this I believe all the figures in the file need reducing by an acumen adjustment. Taking Wessex with 4 acumen (@2%each) would give 350/1.08 = 324 start with out any acumen of king or governor.

Can you please let me know your thoughts on my calculations.

Senior Member Senior Member katank's Avatar

that sounds good.

have you checked all the provinces? if so, you have solved a nice little mystery that has been around for a while

Typing from the Saddle Senior Member Doug-Thompson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (YAKOBU @ May 08 2004,11:03)]Can you please let me know your thoughts on my calculations.

I think your calculations are very promising, indeed.

Is there any other possible purpose to the file that had "Wessex = 350"? Where was it located?
    "In war, then, let your great object be victory, not lengthy campaigns."

it's in campmap/startpos and u have early. scroll down and u get regional info

maybe you should read this topic: http://www.totalwar.org/cgi-bin....t=16077

it gives a lot of info on the totalwar economics.

cheers Cutepuppy

Your info on the farm multiplier could mean mine is flawed. Tested it on Wessex and it worked, plus the file in startpos did seem to indicate values without farm upgrades. I assume they multiplied by 100 for ease of programming. At least I don't have to adjust the base figures for the current king so will make my work easier.

Thanks