Page 22 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: XVI -XVII mod

Default Re: XVI -XVII mod

Hi SwordsMaster,

well, i don't want to be a nitpicker, but..
    Alessandro Farnese not Alejandro Farnesio is the real name of the Duke of Parma, he was an Italian:
    Farnese, Alessandro , 1545-92, duke of Parma and Piacenza (1586-92), general and diplomat in the
    service of Philip II of Spain. He was the son of Duke Ottavio Farnese and Margaret of Parma and thus
    a nephew of Philip II and of John of Austria, under whom he distinguished himself at the battle of
    Lepanto (1571). In 1577, Farnese joined John in the Low Countries to fight the rebels against Spain.
    Appointed (1578) governor of the Netherlands, he took Tournai, Maastricht, Breda, Bruges, Ghent, and
    Antwerp from the rebels and secured continued possession of the southern part of the Netherlands for
    Spain (see Netherlands, Austrian and Spanish). In 1590 he was sent to France at the head of a Spanish
    army to assist the Catholic League against Henry IV of France. He relieved the siege of Paris (1590)
    and the siege of Rouen (1592), but was wounded soon afterward and retired to Arras, where he died.
    Farnese showed exceptional skill in military art and diplomacy.

See R. Solari, The House of Farnese (1968).
    The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2004, Columbia University Press.

Another proposal, without stats (you can think about them ), Gonzalo Fernández de Córdoba (called El Gran Capitan):
    Fernández de Córdoba, Gonzalo , 1453-1515, Spanish general, called the Great Captain. He fought in the
    civil wars preceding and following the accession of Isabella I and in the conquest of Granada. He
    commanded (1495-98) the army aiding Naples against Charles VIII of France. After expeditions against
    the rebellious Moriscos of Granada and the Turks, he returned to Italy as an ally of Louis XII of
    France, who had joined with Ferdinand II of Aragón to partition Naples (see Italian Wars). When Naples
    had been conquered, he expelled (1502-4) the French and served as governor until 1507. He greatly
    improved the Spanish infantry by specializing the use of weapons.

See biography by M. Purcell (1962).
    The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2004, Columbia University Press.

He was the one who invented the tercio and commanded the Spanish Forces in Italy during the Italian Wars (beginning of the 16th century).

Alex

P.S. Isn't Lerma the guy who was widely known for it's corrupt and and cruel regime ? He was the chancellor of Phillip III (?) i think and led Spain instead of his weak king and in later times they have blaimed him for causing the descedancy of the Spanish Empire.
    Last edited by AlexPeters; 10-12-2004 at 03:27.
    Pike & Musket mod forum | Download the Pike & Musket Mod for MTW
    Prejudices are what fools use for reason (Voltaire)

Nec Pluribus Impar Member SwordsMaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Touche about Farnese, but I've been researching a spanish source so got his name in the Spanish variation.I will do the same thing with Columbus so "Ye be warned".
    Cegorach said we were going to use the faction's language to name the units, so I thought that would extend to generals as well...

About don Gonzalo, yes, I was going to include him in the next list along with the guys who organized the Armada, and then make another last list with some conquistadores and admirals related to the New World. So theres still some stuff to come.... Just one more thing. Where can I find a complete list of Vices&Virtues with their effects. Coz I cant remember a fair amount of them and thats one of the reasons I didnt get the lists earlier.

Lerma was the chancellor of Felipe III (in spanish we call the charge "valido"), but his reputation is due more to later sources and influences such as the Duke of Olivares who saw Lerma as a rival in his political games and managed to accuse him of a fair amount of crimes. In reality Lerma was a bit manipulative and a bit too ambitious, but during "his" period, spanish economy was normalized, and the peace treaties with most of the spanish enemies (England and Netherlands) allowed for some reforms, the money previously spent on wars went to the navy, America, and , of Course Lerma's personal purse. But thats something common.

BTW, Im going to format my HD (yet again), so I wont be posting any info for a couple of days.

Regards.
    SM
    Managing perceptions goes hand in hand with managing expectations - Masamune

Pie is merely the power of the state intruding into the private lives of the working class. - Beirut

Crusading historian Member cegorach's Avatar

Good info both of you !

The heroes is my main concern now and only the list for Poland is finished for now.
    Remember there is the limit of 30 heroes for each faction.

I have added some additional things, I have learnt recently e.g. it is possible to give for units a negative bonus fighting cavalry so some units ( e.g. musketeers in the countries which use pikemen) will be really useless fighting mounted units.

@Count, tHe dEmEnToR

One of them will have to be removed - the titles ( 10) include some kind of archbishop or other religious title.

@Swordmaster

I will decrease command values of some of these commanders, 6 will be maximum for heroes, 8 for famous kings and this is only for LEGENDARY commanders.
    Please continiue.
    One more thing - I need to know where these heroes should appear i.e. a specific province or anywhere.

And YES we will use names in national languages, also for the heroes.

Regards Cegorach/Hetman

Son of Viriatus Member Count, tHe dEmEnToR's Avatar

Oh shit, i knew i had forgotten something. I will remove governor of Brasil. There's no point in having both a governor and a viceroy, becuase, unlike India, there was never those two, only one at a time.

Now, let's see, a religious title...

Cardeal Patriarca de Lisboa - The supreme leader of the catholic church in Portugal.
    .:: Pike and Musket Total War ::.

"As armas e os barões assinalados
    Que da ocidental praia lusitana,
    Por mares nunca dantes navegados,
    Foram ainda além da Trapobana"
    Lusíadas, Luis de Camões

The Portuguese epic story...

Blog Entries

ok, sorry for the long delay, here is a good list. As it took me so long I include all the spanish heros here.

About the regions they should appear in, Farnesio and Spinola in Naples, the rest in Castilla, as the royal court was in Castilla so most of the famous generals followed the king.

Gonzalo Fernández de Córdoba (gran Capitán)
    1453-1515, appears in Castilla

L: 5
    P: 6
    D: 3
    C: 7 (whatever maximum value you allow)
    A: 3

Great Leader

Alfonso Pérez de Guzmán y Sotomayor
    Duque de Medina Sidonia
    1550-1619, Granada

This one is tricky, coz its the guy in charge of the Armada invencible, so I guess he should be an Admiral, in the other hand he also was the governor of Andalucia....
    As Admiral his command is 0.

AS governor:
    L:6
    P:5
    D: 4
    C: 1
    A: 6

Great Farmer

Now go the famous admirals

Cristóbal Colón (Columbus)
    Genoa, 1451-1506
    L:3
    P:4
    D:2
    C:4
    A:3

Juan Sebastián Elcano
    Castilla, 1474-1526
    L:5
    P:3
    D:3
    C: 3
    A:2

Marqués de Santa Cruz (couldnt find a proper biography)
    Castilla, 15??-1588
    L:6
    P:5
    D:5
    A:4

Now the Conquistadores:

Hernán Cortés, 1485-1547, Leon
    P:2
    D:5

Mighty Warrior

Francisco Pizarro, 1478-1541, Castilla
    L:4
    P:3
    D:6
    C:5
    A:1

Scant Mercy

Vasco Núñez Balboa, 1475-1517, Granada? (Its technically Castilla, but I think there will be too many famous people there, so I can stretch this one, as its almost on the border)

L:3
    D:7
    A:2

Weak pples

Rodrigo de Bástidas, 1501-154?(unknown date), Castilla

D:3
    C:3

Whatever gives -1 to health.

How many slots do I have left?
    Do you need more people?
    I already have mentioned the most relevent people (IMHO), but I can find more if you need them.

{EDITED: full details for admirals. I'll post some more people}

Regards
    SM
    Last edited by SwordsMaster; 10-26-2004 at 14:00.

Pie is merely the power of the state intruding into the private lives of the working class. - Beirut

I decided to release 'custom and Multiplayer battles only' pre-release.
    I hope you will like it.

The real Beta release will be available after we finish our new map and solve some other problems we encountered recently.

Soon I will inform you where the pre-release will be available to download.

Regards Cegorach/Hetman

P.S. Swordmaster you could propose up to 30 heroes/anti-heroes and one more thing admirals will be used as generals, so I will need more info about them.

Blog Entries

Edited for admirals

Will post some more heroes later.

REgards
    SM

i was just wondering if you guys are going to start working more on the bifs besides the husaria which are done. I can't wait to go into battle with thousands of forlocked zaporozhians.

Unfortunatelly we have noone here do the animations, now.

OK here you can download the pre-release.

Enjoy !

http://www.totalwar.org.pl/pliki/pmtw05.zip

I made my first historical battle. It wasn't easy, but now I know how to do it !

Soon available to download.

Regards Cegorach

I will have to try this out

Blog Entries

Hey all,
    Ive been trying out the prerelease version cegorach has put up, and I have to say it looks promising but needs a LOT of polishing.

These are the things I found so far. (Ive played a couple of campaign turns Spain( )/ Hard , and a custom battle)

- Lack of unit desc causes a CTD.
    - Heavy cavalry should only have 2-3 shots, not as many as any musketeer.
    - Wallachian cav seems much overpowered, (my pikemen charged them head on and I lost about 30 pikemen to 12 WC).
    - Pikes should get another bonus against cavalry. (just personal opinion from the previous point)
    - The guardia tudesca is a General unit. (the maestre de campo will have an 8 men unit of mounted halberdiers)
    - Rodeleros are roundshielders. I dont know if I was clear about this (sorry if i wasnt), "rodela" means "round shield" in spanish.
    - Harquebusiers should be faster than musketeers both reloading and moving.

@ cegorach: did I send you the image for the Guardia Real?

Here are some more unit desc, BTW. I had them done a long ago, but I forgot about them, just found them this morning

Forrajeros:

These men are not soldiers.Their task in the army is taking care of the equipment and weapons and carry ammunition during battles. Each and everyone of these boys wants to be a soldier as soon as he is 17, the minimum age to be inscribed in the army rolls, and, if given the chance to take up arms and fight they are as brave, if less skilled fighters as their older camrades.

Guardia Real

They rarely have to step on a battlefield unless the Monarch himself wants to join the battle. Each and everyone of these men is descending from an old family that have never dedicated itself to anything but war. Their discipline is legendary. They have earned themselves a reputation that is usually enough to break the spirits of their foes. Their ranks have never been broken unless all of them were annihilated. They have the finest equipment that Spain can provide and dress in colourful red and yellow uniforms that make them easily recognizable on a battlefield.

Arcabuceros

Armed with an arquebus,a sword and a dagger, these men together with the piqueros are the backbone of the army. They are as hard, cruel, and disciplined on a battlefield as hard, cruel and undisciplined they are anywhere else. They have even killed their superiors for such reasons as condescendent treatment. They are feared in any land they are fighting in and they have superb hand to hand combat skills.

-----------------------------------------------------

Thats pretty much all for now.
    Regards.
    SM

Swordmaster

This is only pre-release and campaign is intentionally not possible to play.

This needs more time spent finishing the new map, adding descriptions and so on.

In addition - here is a better version of this.

- http://www.totalwar.org.pl/pliki/pmtw05.zip

Thans for the additional info BTW !

Cegorach/Hetman

Blog Entries

Cheers m8!

I'll give it a go this afternoon.

But did I send You the Guardia Real picture?
    Coz I've formatted a couple of times since then and lost track of the things I've done.... Computers....

No you didn't Swordmaster

P&M TW 0.6 !

- http://www.totalwar.org.pl/pliki/pmtw06.zip

Major changes:

- almost all cavalry units fear pikemen, which makes them much better at fighting off enemy horsemen;

- polish Husaria more dangerous to enemy pikemen;

- units will deploy in more realistic way, so expect early spanish pikemen in very deep formations, shallow swedish formations and so on;

- all cavalry types are faster ( about 40 % ) to make them more dangerous to enemy infantry ( except pikemen);

- small changes in unit graphics ( still no new bifs, though) - namely German reiters and Courland reiters are more armoured now;

- Scottish pikemen more effective to re-create 'angrie Hedgehog' in combat;

- Line Infantry and Grenadiers better in close combat;

- small corrections here and there;

In addition TWO historical battles - Kircholm 1605 ( Poles vs. Swedes) and Obertyn 1531 ( Poles vs. Moldavians).

Regards Cegorach/Hetman

Blog Entries

Great! Thanks!

Dont like the looks of the pikemen though.... They look too.....medieval if you know what I mean.

Great "Lisowski's raid"!!! Soon...

would you be at all interested in a music pack? I could work on that if you would like...It would all be period music, starting from late 1400's onward.

Blog Entries

Sure, m8, go ahead, cant see how that could not be for the good...

Ok, I will get to work then

is there an FTP I can upload it to when Im done?Also do you want it in wav or mp3 format...mp3 is best for slow connections but in wav you wouldn't need to convert it.

This is going to be long...

LoL. Funny thing. I was going to ask you if you wanted a music pack. But my ideia was to actually compose at least 1 original song. I've got some experience in music production (even tought im an amateur). Well i could still compose a song and add it to the music pack that Norman Pain is working on if you want... But then again, maybe you aren't interested... :p

I played the beta version. I liked it, i liked it a lot actually.

Just wanted to ask to please change this SetFactionCol:: FN_ARAGONESE 255 255 255 255 255 255

Well if you require any help in any other thing for this mod (except for animation, i can't help you on that, not enough knowledge) i would gladly help. But, well, maybe you're not looking for unqualified workforce :p so i probably won't be much of a help at this moment...

One thing i can surely help is with the website, if you require one. If you want i can give you some examples of my work...

I still have to give you the Portuguese Heroes...

To end this post i would like to ask you something. Who is in your team? How is it organised? Is it an anarchy? I was just curious that's all...

Cheers,

Lusíadas, Luis de Camões

Hey...I could use a Frontend song, you know for the menu and everything? So far Ive got a whole bunch of the music from the period, so if you want I can send you some so you can see what the different styles were. What program do you use to compose? PM me if you want. Hope you all have a good day. Good luck on the other parts of the mod...I'd help with graphics if I could...currently not to good at 3d models though, which would help in making units...though NTW seemed to be hand drawn for the most part...looked nice too. Anyways, have a good day!

I believe the music pack is a very good proposal.

Honestly I wasn't going to say it, but it is probable that we will have
    more or less professional soundtrack for the mod, but most likely useful only for eastern european factions.

Anyway many thanks for your proposal and effort.

BTW - Make it fully downloable so in wave and with the names which are necessary.

Regards Cegorach/Hetman

@ NormanPain: My composing tools are Reason, Fruity Loops, Anvil Studio, Cool Edit Pro, and my Roland Synth Keyboard. I've been composing a few epic-like classic songs for a project of my own, and i'm also the Producer and Dj of an Hip Hop band. I also been doing some work solo.
    I'm not sure if i will have time to compose a song from scratch, but i can come up with a new version of a song that i've been composing for about an year, i could use some of it's chords and a part of the melody. Obviously it won't be the same song.

I was too thinking about doing the Frontend song. During this week i won't have much time to work on this, but this weekend we should talk, i'll PM you later...

@ cegorach1: About the website, i don't think you already have one. If you require one i can help you. If you want ask me for examples on pages that i've done. Also, what about my question on the last post?

Cheers

Lusíadas, Luis de Camões

What your e-mail cegorach, I want to send you some samples.

GENERALLY

I forgot to tell you, but:

"Lord Xelous
    Lord Moderator

Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:03 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I would like to announce that cegorach's P&M mod is now officially related to the Lordz, and this is the place to discuss his work, support him and generally let him know about strange bug.

Regards

Lord Xelous"

Maybe in future we will benefit from this in a way.

@Count, tHe dEmEnToR

About the music, you can try to compose something. Please consult this with NormanPain

"One thing i can surely help is with the website, if you require one. If you want i can give you some examples of my work.."

Good idea !
    We will need something for screenshots and other stuff.
    You can try to prepare something - please use the graphics from the background part of the menu ( Load screen) for the main site.

"Well if you require any help in any other thing for this mod"

Yes, I need somebody to prepare icons for battles made from the ones used in reviev_panel ( the white ones).

"Who is in your team? How is it organised? Is it an anarchy?"

At this moment it is me ( Cegorach), AlexPeters and Robert ( as the main tester) + many supporters ( including you). Noone to make animations... Maybe for RTW edition of this mod we will find someone ( highly probable).

@NormanPain

Please consult the music part with Count, tHe dEmEnToR.

However in future you will see some changes in music part as well.

Ma e-mail is cegorach77@o2.pl ( only 200 mg).

Regards Cegorach/Hetman

Page 22 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast