Thread: HedgesMTWDEditor v2, testers needed

Arrow HedgesMTWDEditor v2, testers needed

Hi All,

Version 2 of my utility is now ready, but I would like some independant testing done before I put it up for public use.
    If you would like to help me out with this, please reply to me at hedgenz@hotmail.com so that I can send you a copy.

What does this utility do?

It is designed to allow editing of the projectile stats, units and buildings files plus associated description and name files used in Medieval Total War. It uses a point and click style interface with all formatting done automatically.

Changes made for version 2 include:

- Added VI compatibility.

- Added check for localisation files. Should allow this utility to be run on other than \loc\eng files, although
    correct character display for other languages may be an
    issue.

- Added windows system file check for required ocx files needed to use this utility and install them if required.
    The files being checked for are: (they come with this utility and can be found in
    the \HedgesMTWEditor\WindowsSystemFiles directory.
    They will be copied to the windows system32 directory if they do not exist.

mscomctl.ocx
    msflxgrd.ocx

- Added TerrainSet, ArchitectureSet, LandLie, Vista, River to MDTWDElists.txt. Used for border info between regions.
    - Added additional selections to the lists which are used to populate the various combo boxes found in this application.
    - Reordered faction list in MTWDElists.txt. These are static faction id's for the units file.

- Added check for new (free) factions being used so they can also be displayed for selection.
    - Added display,filtering and sort options to the crusader units form.
    - Added editing of crusader unit names (singular and plural).
    - Fixed missing file problem with creation of non-combatent units. Only ship and combatent units can now be selected.
    - Added ability to edit ship sunk messages (and enter when creating new ships).
    - Modified combo boxes and selection forms to display details in alphabetical order where posible.
    - Added Show Selected Columns only option to suitable selection forms.
    - Added New Building creation and building name and description view/edit options to Crusader Buildings form.
    - Added display,filtering and sort options to the crusader buildings form.
    - Added selection of region, faction and goods allowed linked to campaign file selected from menu.
    - Added quick backup feature. When the Save button is pushed from the Menu form, all files which are about to be updated
    are copied to the HedgesMTWEditor\Backup\QuickBackup folder. They will be overwritten each time Save is used.
    - Added Create Backup option for units/buildings/projectile stats. Copies current saved file to backup directory, it will
    only backup the selected unit/building file, it does not backup associated files (ie names, descriptions etc), this
    functionality may be added at a later date.

Thanks in advance for your help

Hedge

Hello hedge. You sure do know how to make an entrance I'm going to move this to the Dungeon -> Alchemist lab forum where you should get some testers.
    This space intentionally left blank

Unfrequent Visitor Member tombom's Avatar

Can you supply screenshots of what it looks like? Also, what size is it? I'd be happy to help, if its not to big.
    caesar44 is having a system failure Claudius. He no longer has a head, on the count of it exploding. - Wonderland in this thread

Hi Tombom

The zipped size is approx 875kb. Unzipped = 2.53mb

Sorry no screenshot available, but you'll like it,
    trust me

Urwendur Ûrîbêl Senior Member Mouzafphaerre's Avatar

-
    Send it over this way hedge:

hbarbarossa AT piratescrossroads DOT com

_
    Ja mata Tosa Inu-sama, Hore Tore, Adrian II, Sigurd, Fragony

Mouzafphaerre is known elsewhere as Urwendil/Urwendur/Kibilturg...

Can you please send it to tomparweb AT tiscali.co.uk
    caesar44 is having a system failure Claudius. He no longer has a head, on the count of it exploding. - Wonderland in this thread

warning- plot loss in progress Senior Member barocca's Avatar
    (*disclaimer* - reality may or may not exist, in some societies reality is a crime, punishable by life)

Hedge, you have mail
    The winds that blows -
    ask them, which leaf on the tree
    will be next to go.

Has anybody heard anything?

EDIT: Sorry for being impatient, I've got it now, but there's an error I've sent off the details to hedge. It's a subscript error.

Senior Member Senior Member Duke John's Avatar

Exclamation

Topic pinned

This tool will be one of the most usefull ones around, so we certainly do not want it to disappear in a dusty corner of the Dungeon.

Please, keep us informed Hedge

I'd be glad to check it out. I generally don't use the editing tools (Gnome Editor, etc.) but I have before, and I'm willing to give this 'un a try.
    That darn beagle

Hi All,

Just letting you know that testing is progressing nicely.
    Still have a few weeks to go, but it won't be long now.

There's still room for a few more testers, so if you would like to help out please email me at hedgenz@hotmail.com.

Regards
    Hedge

Ps. BarkingBeagle if you would still like to help, email me at the above address please.

i would very much like to test ur new editor my email address is MarkBloggs5555555@hotmail.com

put me down big boy

redbarony88@hotmail.com
    To the Sprucemoose Smithers "but sir",click,"I said get in!"

Question Re: HedgesMTWDEditor v2, testers needed

What's the word? Is it ready yet?

The anticipation is killing me!
    "Why spoil the beauty of the thing with legality?" - Theodore Roosevelt

Idealism is masturbation, but unlike real masturbation idealism actually makes one blind. - Fragony

Though Adrian did a brilliant job of defending the great man that is Hugo Chavez, I decided to post this anyway.. - JAG (who else?)

Default Re: HedgesMTWDEditor v2, testers needed

Hi All,

Just to let you all know that work is still continuing. Testing is progressing nicely with no issues reported for a few weeks now. I am at the moment modifying the interface a little to make it a little bit more user friendly. All things going well (I've been having problems with my PC and sporting commitments are keeping me busy) I will have the last of it soughted out this weekend. Assuming that there are no issues with this interface modification I would say that this utility will be available by the end of the month at the lastest, hopefully sooner.

Regards and thanks for your patience

Hedge

Default Re: HedgesMTWDEditor v2

Hi All,

I have just uploaded version 2 of this utlity to the Org. Hopefully it won't be to long before it's available at 3d Downloads. Thanks to all the people who have helped test it, hopefully there won't be any problems when you use it.

If you have any issues with it (ie bugs, even suggested improvements) please contact me at hedgenz@hotmail.com.

When (if) reporting bugs it would be helpfull to give the actual error returned or bug description instead of "It doesn't work" which isn't very helpfull when trying to work out what is going wrong. Where posible it would also be usefull to send me the campaign, unit and building files envolved.

I hope you all enjoy using this utility.

Regards
    Hedge

hedge,ive got a problem that it doesnt like BKBs mod,ill do a fresh install to see if that solves it.
    To the Sprucemoose Smithers "but sir",click,"I said get in!"

Hi Sprucemoose. I've just download this mod now to check it out and can't see any issues with it. Did that fresh install you were going to do resolve your problem? If you've still got it, can you give me a bit more detail into what exactly it is that this utility doesn't seem to like?

Regards Hedge

Hedge, i can't seem to find a link to the latest version of your editor, can you please post a link?
    Thanks.
    The best is yet to come.
    ZX MiniMod: Where MTW meets AOE
    https://www.wmwiki.com/hosted/ZxMod.exe
    Now on beta 3 with playable golden horde!

Hi Zarax

Sorry about the late reply, you can download the utility from this address:

http://www.totalwar.org/Downloads/Mt...ads/MTWupload/

Let me know if you have any problems

Regards
    Hedge

Thanks Hedge, i'll give it a go.
    The best is yet to come.
    ZX MiniMod: Where MTW meets AOE
    https://www.wmwiki.com/hosted/ZxMod.exe
    Now on beta 3 with playable golden horde!

Hey, Hedge,

I'd Like to try the new version out

ged71wizard@hotmail.com

soldeten