Thread: A new Campaign

Boondock Saint Senior Member The Blind King of Bohemia's Avatar

Hi lads, i'm fairly new to the throne room but quite interested in starting a campaign using my BKB super mod. Proposed faction is the Crusader states( or outremer).
    At the moment i have a good few people so far up for it.

I'll post back later with the list so far. If anyone else is interested, check the first page of the BKB mod thread where all the downloads are for the game and post here or give me a PM if you are interested for the glory of christendom in the east

BKB

Senior Member Senior Member econ21's Avatar

Sounds interesting - I confess I have never played your mod, BKB, but I gather it is a good one and this would be an opportunity to try it. Please add my name to your list

Good man mate. I'll give you boys to a chance to download the mod and get to grips with it. Any probs just post in the thread

it is easy ,normal ,hard ???
    bkb
    Death is the only true in life

I was going to use expert but if anyone has any objections i'll change it

hmmm i must traine more m8
    but i will do my best

The main rule of Campaign is the destruction of the Egyptians and the Turks because if you don't strike first, they definetly will

So far the list is as follows( if anyone can't do it just give the word and i'll remove your name)

1/ me as King Amalric I

2/ Shadeswolf

3/ Steppe Merc

4/ Nomad

5/ The emperor

6/ Elleythan

7/ Julius caeser

8/ simon Appleton

9/ Deadrunner

Main rules are:

1/Islam is the prioty wars with any attacks on orthdox or pagans encouraged

2/ Holding of Antioch and Tripoli and the taking and holding of Palestine.

3/ Help your catholic brothers( Latin states of Greece) in Constantinople and Morea at any opportunity.

4/ Drive the Mongols out of any incursions in the middle east

If any of these rules are daft do tell and i'll change them

Flying Dutchman Member Ellesthyan's Avatar

Im here

I think that the latin states and the crusader states did not cooperate much, in reality. They were a backstabbing lot and that was probably the reason why their kingdoms did not last long.
    A.E.I.O.U.

Austria Est Imperare Orbi Universo
    Austria is destined to rule the world.

(Or, as the Prussians interpretated it:
    Austria Erit In Orbe Ultima
    Austria will one day be lowest in the world.)

Österreich über alles!

We will be working with the new map just to clarify.

Ellesthyan good point. I think I'm looking at it in terms of gameplay rather than historical accuracy. I quite liked the idea of two Catholic nations surrounded by Orthodox nations, Muslims and Pagans, and then having to fight them off. Assisting the Latin States will probably be just part of your aggressive northern tactics anyway.

To be honest you can choose if you want to help the latin states out. The mongol arrival will need all your fighting power anyroad. I will post part of my write up tonight with some pics of King Amlaric II the Crusader

Scruffy Looking Nerf Herder Member Steppe Merc's Avatar

You know I'm in.
    However, I don't think I'd be able to do expert Mabye hard?

"But if you should fall you fall alone,
    If you should stand then who's to guide you?
    If I knew the way I would take you home."
    Grateful Dead, "Ripple"

Alright mate, we will do hard if thats what people prefer

BKB, i have decided to join the campaign.

I am in

good man

Senior Member Senior Member Demon of Light's Avatar
    San Diego, California, United States of America, North America, Western Hemisphere, Terra, Sol Planetary System, Milky Way Galaxy

Take the challenge Play it on expert. Won't the thrill of ultimate victory be sweeter that way?
    The surest way to lose the respect of one's peers is to take a stand on principle...alone.

Thats what i'm thinking mate because it really gives it a feel when playing on expert but whatever, i'm easy

Right then, I'll do it on expert. I just hope the horde will be dead by the time I'm up, otherwise I'm dead.

Grateful Dead, "Ripple"

King Amalric II of the Crusader States stood silently. He stared at the setting sun outside his withered tent within a mile or so of the walls of Edessa. He was weary and bitter about the events which occured in the past few years that would no doubt lead to death and destruction of his people.

An unprovoked attack on crusader shipping by the Sultan of Egypt the day of the kings coronation was enough insult that he needed to lauch a final assault on the treacherous infidel and for the Glory of Christendom

A sudden strike into Edessa by a small force under the Lord of Antioch was completely successful with the cowardly Egyptians running for the city walls

The King led his armies in Syria with the cowardly Emir of the Sinai running like a woman for the opened gate of the castle. The castle was now surrounded and with little chance of relief from Islam.

Soon word reached his ears of a rebellion in Edessa, so he marched with a small, exhausted force into the province.
    The predominately cavalry army of the Egyptians marched rapidly against the force of Order Foot and spearmen. Eager to strike down the King Amalric and recieve riches from Egypt beyond their wildest dreams

King Amalric spoke to his loyal friend the governor of Cyprus
    Tell the Master of the Templars to conceal his cavalry on the high ground

I will my liege

My friend the king's mood darkened slightly

Yes friend

Tell him to use rationality. I haven't travelled all this way for his foolhardiness to cost me victory

I will my Lord

The Egyptians moved on through the desert plain and the Bedouin camels and spearmen clashed with the Orderfoot. The line buckled but soon steadied itself.
    Send in the reserves the king ordered
    The reserve spearmen charged just in time to stop a mamluk cavalry thrust through the Crusader line.
    Order the Master of the Templars to wet his sword with infidel blood the king roared

The Master of the Temple charged into the rear of the Egyptian line with the majority of the army routing. All except the general in his Faris unit held firm. They reired on a hilltop to make a last stand against the now impossible odds.

Tell the entire army to advance on them, i with my bodyguard will cut off the retreat

My Lord there is no need to endanger yourse.... The young messanger stopped as he saw the look of pure rage in the kings face.

Yes my lord he whispered

The king's bodyguard galloped and through the dust gathering spotted the exposed enemy and tore into them with spear and sword. The brave Egyptian general dying like a brave death.

Edessa was surrounded. But now the king planned greater things. The total destruction of the Egyptian Empire

I am like steppemerc but i said i hope that the horde is done,germans,italy,spain ...........................(is better put the king in my turn having a lot of childs )
    I will not do great things in expert but i will try to crush my enemys ,execute traitors,burn the entire map in my military forces (and die well)

Father, are you alright? enquired Prince Almaric
    The king opened his eyes and smiled. A smile that didn't radiate any happiness, just a grimness over a sun darkened skin. The king rose and crossed out into the balcony of his quarters. He peered out into the streets of Jerusalem. The sight of his brave army made him proud. They had fought and many died but they were always loyal and that was one trait he respected in any man.
    Tell Your brother Bohemund i am proud of him, as i am proud of you. The victory in Arabia was great for my kingdom and he will be rewarded for his efforts.

Yes father the young said

My son, this war with the Sultan has took its tole on our people but i believe we will be victorious

The king closed his eyes and remembered the victories and its memory was sweet like wine. The invasion of Palestine nearly two years before had drove the mighty egypt out. The garrison had retired behind Jerusalem's high wall's but the king refused an attack on the holy city and prefered to starve the infidel out.

As the Egyptians was on its last morsels of food a huge cry came from the walls as the garrison screamed Allah Akbar, Allah Akbar
    Why do they shout to God? enquired the master of the temple

As the king was about to speak, a young tough looking man made his way into the entourage

Lord de Lusignan reporting from the south of the city my lord

Come De Lusignan, what is going on? roared the king

My King, a reief army is coming to the garrison's aid, they outnumber us heavily

Prepare for battle. Get your divisions ready
    The commanders saluted and rushed to there men.
    May the Lord help us Whispered the king

:

The Crusader army formed on a small ridge but the Egyptian army rushed at the christians before they could form.
    The order foot crashed straight into the front of the army. The fighting was fierce as bones crunched, spears splinterd and swords shattered as the Crusaders struggled to hold back the wave of the islamic horde

Suddenly the right flank of the crusader line buckled and the feudal sergeants began to break
    Damn it. Grandmaster i think it is time for you to advance cried the king
    Praise the Lord the Grandmaster shouted above the din of battle and his Templar knights, some 70 in all, crashed in the Egyptian left and threw it into confusion.

Meanwhile the fierce fighting on the Crusader left was too much for the infidel and they broke. This allowed the left to add there support to their crusader comrades in the center.
    Order the reserve to charge, i will lead it screamed the king.

]

His bodyguard, order cross bows and some spearmen charged and this final push broke the enemy with there general being captured, to his shame.
    All separate enemy detachments were defeated and the egyptian army was shattered suffering over a thousand deaths and the castle immediately surrendering after the defeat.

Glory to God, we are victorious a roar of approval was shouted back as his soldiers, tired and aching, advanced for food, drink and female company

BKB

Lord, Cartographer and Poet. Member King Azzole's Avatar

Damnit by the time I get to play the world will be conquered :(
    Charge, repeat as necessary.

The king collapsed onto his bed. He was exhausted. He had tasted victory all day and now to have it snatched away was a bitter taste that he wasn't use to.

The last 4 years have been a build up of power for his kingdom. His armies have consiladated there success with mopping up campiagns of the surviving Egyptian garrisons and now his naval and military power was strong and ready for the final push on Egypt herself.

Papal permission for a Crusade on Egypt was obtained and a naval expendition landed the army. Cairo was left for the victorious crusaders who had more than a suffcient army to hold it indefinetly and as the Crusaders were basking in cairo's comforts, the main Crusading army and the last of the Egyptian armies were to have the most bloodiest battles in the history of their long rivalry. The crusadres expected victory. The sultan was trapped in palestine and surrounded and all that was left was able son to fight the might of christendom in the east.

The Crusader army arrived to see the Egyptians forming up at the top of a steep hill.

Order the Turcerpoles to advance. Try to draw the egyptians out. Have the order cross bows form at the front, with the order foot and man at arms behind. Hold the Spearmen in reserve. I and all the cavalry divisions will form up on our right and will attempt a flanking attack once the infantry are engaged. Any questions?

The king looked around at his grizzled veterans. They knew there was no more time to talk. The only business left was killing and they were certainly good at that.

The king smiled Return to you divisions and may God be with you

The Turcerpoles harrassed the egyptian army and the long range of the crossbow bolts took there toll, so the muslims charged, screaming hatred as the both centres clashed like a mighty wave.

As both forces were engaged, Amalric and his cavalry crashed upon the left flank of the infidel and smashed right through. The egyptians were rolled up and the army began to collapse

REFORM, TURN RIGHT, TURN RIGHT the count of Tripoli cried

The army, who had smashed the main egyptian force saw hordes of bedouin camel warriors charge towards them. The army, sun burnt and tired, marched and charged at the reinforcements and after a hard fight scattered them

The king ordered the army to reform and march on the last of the egyptians, only a hundred or so at the otherside of the valley. Yet now night was approaching and no one wanted to camp in an area that was just waiting to pounce at them at any given opportunity.

The king knew he couldn't win the day and ordered his army to retire and thus the egyptians would live a little longer in this everlong war

BKB

For TosaInu and the Org Senior Member The_Emperor's Avatar

I'm afraid i'll have to bow out of this one...

been a bit busy lately. (and I am having Mod troubles)
    "Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it."

Fair play emperor, not a problem

The invasion of sinai began with an army of nearly 1500 men arrived, bent on the slaying of the Sultan and the crushing of all Egyptian power.
    The battle was brief and bloody but a favourable conclusion for the Crusader states was never doubted.

The same year the rebel stronghold of Cyrencyia was crused by the loyal lord grey.

The Sultan was caught with a small bodyguard held out but prefered to take his own life. A brave man who deserved a better death in battle than a knife at his own hand

The following 2 years The war with the Almohad was in full swing as they were deep in a war with spain and aragon. Now the Sahara and Morocco were conquored as the other coastal provinces were left to our good friend the sicilians.

The invasion of the last almohad stronghold of Granada had begun with our allies the spanish sending a strong force

The battle of granada was a long affair only decided by a rear charge by the Crusader cavalry with the capture of the leader of the Almohads to his shame

An alliance with my daughters hand secured the Mongols frienship and left us free to fight the last islamic power the Turks

The seizing of lesser armenia and Armenia left the final battle to be decided at Rum where the fate of either faction would be decided

The Crusaders arrive and see the Turks secure a hilltop

The armies clash

As the turkish left is shattered the battle begins to sway in favour of the Crusaders. The right also falls apart and the Crusaders are victorious

A year later the great King Amalric The Crusader lay dead. Now his son Amalric has taken the throne. The king is dead, lomg live the king

Our new king

Righto I'm the new King I guess I'll start at it as soon as I get it downloaded, and'll be sure to have lotsa pics.

Grateful Dead, "Ripple"

Any news so far?

The new release of the mod is coming so i think we should leave this game and get another one going asap. Sorry boys but the new mod is miles better, well balanced, better map, etc

Same list as before, but we might do a different faction. Maybe the almoravids in early or an bulgaria game from high

cont with me m8