Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dragon MTW Editor

please can u tell me how to get this thing to work for the BKB mod please thnx

New version has arrived.

Current version is: (Beta) v 1.0.1632.13633

Same links as before, just updated packs:

DragonMTWEditor.rar

dragonmtweditor.zip

Known bugs/issues

v 1.0.1629.22356

* Program throws exception when navigating beyond last record in Names or Details browsers (Fixed in v 1.0.1630.19918)

* Program may reformat header of UNIT_PROD file slightly. (modified file is perfectly readable for both MTW game and Editor itself) (Fixed in 1.0.1632.13633)

* Empy strings in The body type column may cause program to throw exception (Fixed in 1.0.1632.13633)

New features:

Two new edit options for Building browser:

* Fast link to corresponding entry in DESCRIPTIONS.TXT file

* Fast link to corresponding entries in NAMES.TXT file

Proper indexing added for Names/Descriptions files

Insert/Delete line options added for Names/Descriptions files

Cheers
    Maul

Master of Few Words Senior Member KukriKhan's Avatar

This topic has seasoned enough to go to its natural home, the Engineer Guild, in the Dungeon.
    Be well. Do good. Keep in touch.

Senior Member Senior Member Duke John's Avatar

Exclamation

Topic moved and now to the place where it really belongs; the Alchemist Lab

Cheers,
    Duke John

Scruffy Looking Nerf Herder Member Steppe Merc's Avatar

YAY It works

edit: Hmm.. but still not on Super Early... But it's better than nothing.

"But if you should fall you fall alone,
    If you should stand then who's to guide you?
    If I knew the way I would take you home."
    Grateful Dead, "Ripple"

Steppe Merc, is that what you are referring to: BKB Super Mod? If it is, then I wonder if “Super Early” loads into MTW (and what’s more important if you can play it If you know the answer pleas tell me, I have config files bun never tried to install whole mod.)?

There is bug in “EARLY_MODDED_CRUSADERS_UNIT_PROD11.TXT” file. That is why it does not want to load into editor. I can send you corrected file if you wish.

Or if you want to do it yourself just open EARLY_MODDED_CRUSADERS_UNIT_PROD11.TXT in NOTEPAD, hit CTL+H and fill Replace window as follow:
    Find what: FN_CROATIAN""
    Replace with: FN_CROATIAN"
    (There are two quotation marks in Find what input and that is not a mistake I mean it is a mistake but not in this post but in EARLY_MODDED_CRUSADERS_UNIT_PROD11.TXT )
    Hit OK and save your file. File is good now and should load into editor.

Cheers
    Maul

Unfrequent Visitor Member tombom's Avatar

Thanks Maul
    caesar44 is having a system failure Claudius. He no longer has a head, on the count of it exploding. - Wonderland in this thread

I'm going to go try it out. It does work in MTW, and yes, I mean BKB's supermod.
    edit: And it works. Thanks a bunch Maul

Grateful Dead, "Ripple"

New version available: (Beta) v 1.0.1635.30143

For details look at initial post: Dragon MTW Editor

Cheers
    Maul

New version available: (Beta) v 1.0.1639.29340

Cheers
    Maul

Lightbulb

New version available: (Beta) v 1.0.1643.26720

Cheers
    Maul

New version available: (Beta) v 1.0.1651.40753

Cheers
    Maul

Hey, sometimes when I'm playing both BKB and HTW, i get a bunch of weird As and stuff instead of 's, in both names and descprtions. Could this be because of this program?

Grateful Dead, "Ripple"

I will check it out but yes it is possible. .NET environment uses UTF-8 encoding for text file by default, and MTW uses ASCII most probably. So there might be some problems when converting extended ASCII characters (codes above 127).

Cheers
    Maul

Yeah, letter that have accents, etc are messed up sometimes to.

Grateful Dead, "Ripple"

New version available: (Beta) v 1.0.1653.40247

Cheers
    Maul

Does the new one fix fix the weird letters issue?

Grateful Dead, "Ripple"

No, you have to wait a bit.

New version available: (Beta) v 1.0.1654.25009

Fix for weird characters, but please take a look at additional info in section known bugs/issues

Cheers
    Maul

If your MTW suffered because of Dragon MTW Editor converting files to UTF-8 here is tool which can help convert Names.txt and Descriptions.txt files (and any other file as well) back to their original form. It is very likely you will have to apply conversion from UTF-8 to ASCII several times before you reach desired result.

Dragon Text Converter – ZIP file

Cheers
    Maul

New version available: (Beta) v 1.0.1657.29830

Cheers
    Maul

Maul,

The graphic file conversion program alone makes this a worthwhile download. I did notice that when I saved a BIF file that it defaults to transparent. I have to reload the BIF using ReadBIf, save it, and then it has the default "MTW" colors.

I was finally able to convert the FeudalBows.lbm to BIF and it displayed perfectly

I also notice some incompatibility between BIFs saved using the BIF reader and Dragon. Saving it as a BMP however did the trick.

I am surprised there aren't more raves about this program. You have my vote.
    When you decide that servicing your core niche is no longer important, you might as well put a gun to your corporate temple. - Red Harvest -

Hi Turbo,

I’m afraid you are making your life much too difficult

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]I have to reload the BIF using ReadBIf, save it, and then it has the default "MTW" colors.
    ReadBiff is known to generate faulty single-frame bifs so I wouldn’t advise converting bifs generated by Dragon MTW Editor with ReadBiff. As for default MTW colors I suppose you refer to green transparent color. If it is so then forget it. It is a myth. There is no such requirement in MTW. Transparent color (palette entry 0) can be set to any color you like (personally I prefer using color RGB: 235, 227, 206). Green transparent is sole feature of ReadBiff because that is how the program renders transparency (for example Photoshop and Fireworks render transparency as checkered background). So you do not have to worry about that. Just select proper color to be saved as transparent and you are ready to use picture in MTW.

BTW
    I have prepared new version of my editor. Graphic converter was slightly improved in field of BIFF support. I have improved quantization algorithm and biff palette selection algorithm so now pictures (BIFFs) look flawless in MTW. I will try to deploy new version today.

Cheers
    Maul

New version available: (Beta) v 1.0.1663.18722

Cheers
    Maul

Quote[/b] (Maul @ July 21 2004,05:43)]Hi Turbo,

I’m afraid you are making your life much too difficult

Quote[/b] ]I have to reload the BIF using ReadBIf, save it, and then it has the default "MTW" colors.
    ReadBiff is known to generate faulty single-frame bifs so I wouldn’t advise converting bifs generated by Dragon MTW Editor with ReadBiff. As for default MTW colors I suppose you refer to green transparent color. If it is so then forget it. It is a myth. There is no such requirement in MTW. Transparent color (palette entry 0) can be set to any color you like (personally I prefer using color RGB: 235, 227, 206). Green transparent is sole feature of ReadBiff because that is how the program renders transparency (for example Photoshop and Fireworks render transparency as checkered background). So you do not have to worry about that. Just select proper color to be saved as transparent and you are ready to use picture in MTW.

BTW
    I have prepared new version of my editor. Graphic converter was slightly improved in field of BIFF support. I have improved quantization algorithm and biff palette selection algorithm so now pictures (BIFFs) look flawless in MTW. I will try to deploy new version today.

Cheers
    Maul
    I have a bunch of BIFs I created using the Bifreader. Dragon loads these BIfs fine but when I save them as LBM, they end up with a green background (if I load from BMP) or black background (if I load directly as a BIF).

How can I save this BIf as an LBM with a transparent color like the default BIFs without the green background?
    When you decide that servicing your core niche is no longer important, you might as well put a gun to your corporate temple. - Red Harvest -

Turbo,

I’m afraid you can’t, at least at this point. My program just provides conversion utility. It does not allow you to edit picture in any way.

Few words of explanation are required at this point I suppose. It is about LBM file format. Event though LBM has ability to store transparent pictures none of LBM icons used in MTW utilizes this ability. All LBM icons delivered with MTW are non-transparent. They blend nicely into MTW interface because their backgrounds correspond with color of interface region where they are displayed (this magic color is RGB 207:207:199). So Turbo, you have to replace background of your icons.

I can offer one thing. If problem you reported is common one, and there will be more people asking for solution, I may consider adding color table conversion utility to my program.

Cheers
    Maul

Default Re: Dragon MTW Editor

It says i need mscorwks.dll to work.

Angry Re: Dragon MTW Editor

I have used Dragon Editor quite a lot to duplicate units... All works well, including text files etc. THough you do have to edit the description, which is okay, but if it goes to the length of writing entries, why not add an oportunity to write something fresh, since you still have to go and edit what's written anyway?.

However, it doesn't seem to work with Agents.

Buildings are a total waste of time. No matter what building I duplicate, it ends up a castle!

I suppose I could completely rebuild it from there, but I haven't bothered. I've used Gnome instead for buildings, and changed text files manually.

Still, I think it has great potential.

Freelancer

I downloaded mscorwks.dll, but now it says I need MSVCR71.dll and also that it cannot load mscorwks.dll

Why does it work for everyone else. Does everyone else have these working dll files except me?

I always get strange results when I load unit info pictures in the Dragon picture view, they always are transparent in places, why´s that?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12