Thread: Burgundians

Just recalled something I mean tto ask way back. I'm playing on MTW:VI 2.01, and before that I remmeber that one time I saw the Swiss and naother faction, the Burgundians, coloured in cyan (it's a font in MS Word) and yellow, starting off with Burgundy and I think it was Lorraine as well. Just wondering cause can't find any mention of which patch erased them if any, and if not why haven't I seen them in ages? Their not on multiplayer but then they didn't have any special units so not really surprised. It's no big deal, I squashed them in 10 years the time they appeared, had to get a border with them first, but can anyone recall this? Or am I just insane(er).

For TosaInu and the Org Senior Member The_Emperor's Avatar

Hi, to answer your question. Yes they do exist and I am pretty sure they are still in.

The Biggest problem with getting the Burgundians to emerge is that (just like the Swiss) you need a rebellion in Burgandy during the relevant years.

However the timeframe for their appearance is fairly late in the game (in the 1300's I think), as such Burgandy is often a rather stable province by that time owned often by a superpower.

To tell the truth I have NEVER seen the Burgundians appear in any campaign of mine, that is how rare it is for the conditions to happen in order to generate a rebellion for their emergance.

But I have been told in the past they do exist and will show up.
    "Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it."

Boondock Saint Senior Member The Blind King of Bohemia's Avatar

They do appear but rarely compared to the swiss. I was the polish and saw them appear when the french had a huge civil war but that is one of the only times i have seen them

Dismembered Member Marquis de Said's Avatar

I'm playing VI 2.01 and I had the Burgundians appear in my last game, when Burgundy was in revolt. They appeared one turn after the province went rebel. I think it was 1384 or something when this happened.
    The Burgundian b****rd appeared with four stacks which had at least 6 or 7 gendarmes in them, a few hobilars (Burgundian "unique" unit, WOW) and loads of crossbows and CS. Not bad for a starting army. He attacked me (Italians) three turns later.

Marquis
    "Non nobis Domine non nobis, sed Nomini tuo da gloriam"
    (Not to n00bs, o Lord, not to n00bs, but to your Name give glory)

Dismembered Member Marquis de Said's Avatar

Actually, does anyone know the exact date when the Burgundians can first appear?

I would like to play them once, switching to them after they appear using the -ian command. Now that would be a challenge. Start with 4 stacks in one inland province with about 100 years to go in the game.

Marquis
    "Non nobis Domine non nobis, sed Nomini tuo da gloriam"
    (Not to n00bs, o Lord, not to n00bs, but to your Name give glory)

Destroyer of Gauls Member bighairyman's Avatar

Yeah, they do exist, and you need a rebel burgundy, and when the time comes, the rebel armies will become the Burgundian army. their color will be light blue, just like the Russians.
    No poor bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making other bastards dying for their country.

The draft is white people sending black people to fight yellow people to protect the country they stole from red people.

why would anybody want to touch a girl's butt? Bart Sim

For England and St.George Senior Member ShadesWolf's Avatar

Hi Drake, Burgundy as well as the Swiss will be playable in DJ and my '2Crowns' mod, for more info pop along to the dungeon.
    ShadesWolf
    The Original HHHHHOWLLLLLLLLLLLLER

Im a Wolves fan, get me out of here......

Alienated Senior Member Member Red Harvest's Avatar

I once had a combination emergence/re-emergence in Burgundy when I was sieging the castle (think that was what prompted it.) The Swiss held it some time before but got wiped out. So the Swiss re-emerged and the Burgundians emerged in the same province on the same turn. My army was not ready for the combination of stacks of SAP's and Burgundian elites.
    Rome Total War, it's not a game, it's a do-it-yourself project.