Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Gymnasium

Ambiguous Member Byzantine Prince's Avatar

How come the link for music doesn't work?

Hi. I just loaded up my classical campaign as the Macedonians, and I see Crusades scattered over the map . Has anyone else seen this bug and are there any fixes, b/c all the saves until that point had been fine.

GoreBag: Oh, Prole, you're a nerd's wet dream.

Links are fine now,sometimes it can be the server that is temporarily out,when this happens just try again later.

CZoF

I got the same problem with the game lagging and so on.

2,6 ghz processor
    GeForce 4 MX GFX card,64 mb
    20 GB diskspace(I know its not much,but i got like 13 gb free)
    Windows ME
    I don't know why it lags like this,anyone?
    It's time to get physical whitchoo,foo'

Aetheling Member Hross af Guttenburg's Avatar

Yepp, there's something fishy with this mod version...
    i've had like 10 CTDs within the first 20 years....
    dont get it....

If you have so many CTD's there must be something wrong with the install,try a new one first and follow the instructions carefully...

CZoF

Talking

GREAT, GREAT, GREAT WORK GUYS

I'm happy to congratulate to all you
    The balance of costs-power-times of stocks of the ships it's very fine
    The landings of troops are now more easy
    The castle assaults are not impossible anymore
    The types of the buildings are more appropriate then before
    The characteristics of the units are well tuned
    I surely say that the work actually all ok

These are my impressions that i had, playing a campaign with Lacedemonis (the Spartans)....of course i need to more time to test the game, but, at the first impact, i think it ok

Only the tech tree : the second degree of the castles (the keep) depend on the development of the provincial estate, while the other degrees castles follow an own way : I think, like in the original game, there should be an own tree for the castles

Ok guys, give me the best wishes for my campaign because the Persians are been able to create a huge army (like in the past) and hope to beat them soon

Congratulation again boys, wonderful work

See you soon

Lord of All Under Heaven Member The Sword of Cao Cao's Avatar

Ah I love it The 6 hour dl was efinately worth it I suck at it so far though.. only beat Spechitfre. Anyways, on the faction desciption for the Peoneans, you have the faction descrition for the Aragonese put there. Kinda funky lookin.

Great job

ok i have a few questions, firstly i have a 56 k dial up modem, how long do you think it will take to download.

So i uninstall, then rienstall the game right?along with all my saved games uninstallt them too?

After i have a fresh, brand new installed version of MTW on my comp i download patch, and then what from there?

Does it automatically install the patch for me or do i have to do all of it manually?

While i have the patch can i still play the normal campaighs, with the normal units?

If not could i uninstall MTW and the mod would be gone?But lets say i wanto play it later some time down the road, could i simply reinstall the mod?

sorry one more question i forgot about, on your site it says you need VI v2.1 when i start VI on the menu screen in the upper right corner it says i have v2.01 is ths the same version, or do i need to install a patch, if so where?

Lord of All Under Heaven Member The Sword of Cao Cao's Avatar

I dl'ed this last night when I still had Dial-Up,and it took me a little over 6 hours. I dont think you can expect much better buddy..

But I just ot DSL installed a few minutes ago, so I'm off to download the musicpack

*laughs at all the 56k'ers*

With HTW 3.1, every time I start a battle, all my troops are bunched together in one long column. It takes about 5-10 minutes to select each unit, spread it out so that the ranks are correct and place it on the map. Is there a fix for this.

Peloneus hi,

formations are still in tests till final version.
    While in battle when a pop up window ask you to deploy army, chose different formations ( label shield at bottom left ) till the formation get lined up.
    CHIEF DESIGNER

Hellenic Total War

Ok so when I install this I can't play M:TW anymore? Is there a way to have the two games both work? Or do I have to always have 1 of them uninstalled?

I'm linking to the TW.com forum, there's a good explanation about install:
    Install procedure

CHIEF DESIGNER

Hellenic Total War

Hi to all,

With HTW 3.1, every time I start a battle, all my troops are bunched together in one long column

for this problem underlined by Peloneus, even me I have got it, but during the deployment, this is not a big problem, but during the attacks, where i cannot deploy my troops, this penalize my offensive, because my enemy can reach me and my troops are not ready to receive it

As concerning the historical battles : some icons of the troops that the game show before the battle start, are wrong : How can I make to restore the rights ?

Many thanks guys, see you....

(great, great, great work )

El Cid.

The deployment problem is a known bug that I am sure is beeing worked on.
    As a player (even on attack) you can easily work arround it by clicking on the Icon with the shield and the two spears behind it in the lower left corner during deployment.
    Just choose one of the available formations (I find the Sparaba most usefull)
    You troops will then be disentangled.
    Sadly the AI cant do this and has quite some problems to get a decent setup when it encounters this problem.

Thanks flip and omegaman,

Right clicking on the army shield allows you to choose several different formations that corrects the single column problem prior to beginning a battle. I didn't know you could do this in MTW.

Great mod by the way, I play it every night.

Talking

Finally got my new copys of MTW and Viking just for this baby. No problems to report other than the usual that others have reported about troop movements. Also once i begin a battle All the discription and picture of the troops go away. Hmm. Other that that its simply awsome. All the great greek battles in one spot. Alexander himself would have been proud of this one. If you could give us a list of known issues it would help so I don't report on something that is already known. Fantastic and there is another project in the works?

Do you mean the uniticons on the bottom part of the map going just white, losing the unitpicture?
    I have this effect when I ALT TAB out of the game (or accidentaly hit the windows key) and then return to the battle from desktop.
    Every thing appears again when I then group or ungroup some units

This is a known MTW problem nothing to do with HTW.

CZoF

Yep,
    it also happens in vanilla MTW.
    Sorry forgot to mention that, but as I said just pause and then group or ungroup some units and all should be well again.

I have noticed that early on in a campaign, I get no CTD. However, the longer the campaign gets and the more units that are on the map, the more CTD I get. Last night I had two CTD after only 2-3 moves. These seem to happen just after a battle has finished or while the computer is moving the units on the map. And yes, I have unit size set on default.

I am at the point that after I finish each move, I exit the game and save it since the autosave does not seem to save the game prior to the AI taking over. This is getting more than a little frustrating.

Hi Peloneus,

this must be a install problem, I had no CTD of any type, and people with problems that try a new fresh install become happy.

so, are you following the install procedures for HTW?

CHIEF DESIGNER

Hellenic Total War

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]
    so, are you following the install procedures for HTW?
    Yes, I did a complete new install of MTW, then VI, and then the VI patch. Then I do the HTW 3.1 install. I believe this is the correct procedure.

I have followed the same procedure for Medmod, NTW, and HTW 2.1 and have had no CTD problems. I am reluctant to reinstall HTW 3.1 since I believe I have done the install correctly, and I will lose the saved games that I have spent a lot of time on.

We know from the past that sometimes it is the MTW:VI install that causes a CTD problem(known bug),so i would even go further and do a complete new install of everything...

CZoF

Ok, do a thing

Post here the campaign date:

- Faction
    - Era
    - how many turns/yers you played till now/ if possible
    at what turn you had the CTD
    - error messages
    CHIEF DESIGNER

Hellenic Total War

flip,

I am playing the Lakedemonians in the Proclassical Era. I am currently on year 304, and have had CTDs every couple of turns for about the last 5-10 years. There are no error messages.

I tried some quick turns in Hard dificulty campaign.
    No CTD. What are your dificulty settings?
    CHIEF DESIGNER

Hellenic Total War

I am also playing on the Hard setting. Have you played up to year 304?

I decided to try a mod and this one looked really good.
    Anyway, I dowloaded 3.1 beta from the website and when I went to install it stops at about 30% with an error.

It says something like hillycoastalriver01.jjm contains invalid data (error 21FC)

What's the problem?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast