Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Gymnasium

A very cool mod with a lot of work in it...what can i say..thank u all for it

I dont have any serious problem with 3.1, I just wonder why the money levels are so high that i have 3x more income then i ever need.
    e.g. Gordion (sp?) had 8700 income with a Acu 6 govenor after i conquered it as Lyd. looked to me a bit high and it explains why I need to defend against 22000 troops in 1 battle with 2200 defending (I still won:P) Reminded me of the Termophyls (sp?) when a couple spartan troops defended a mountainpass against the persian army for some days.
    not many of my troops survived but the ratio was like 5:1 in kills (incl. prisoners) befor the last troops routed.
    General died early

The high money levels make the AI build troops after troops wich is kinda sensless since the battles are limited to 16 units.
    I noticed in build prod files that the agri upgrades 20% etc are set to 100%/200%/300%/400%..intended?

just my 2cent

I've had about 3 or 4 CTD's in about a game and 1/2 of play. That's really not too bad.

@Josephus V

From where did you download:the HTW site or 3D Downloads?
    And if it was from the site what link,the primary or secondary download link?

CZoF

I also have CTD when I try to call reinforcements
    faction: macedonians
    dificulty: hard
    era: geometrical
    number of troops: default

Kanto Kanrei Member Marshal Murat's Avatar

Hello all. Problem
    I just installed HTW version 3.1
    I can't get to the game
    I installed clean MTW VI, then the patch.
    The installed 3.1
    The problem is that the game notices the original factions and has a problem with it. I delete. Then it says to many columns in parsfile.
    HELP.
    What do I do, or how do I fix?
    "Nietzsche is dead" - God

"I agree, although I support China I support anyone discovering things for Science and humanity." - lenin96

Re: Pursuit of happiness
    Have you just been dumped?

I ask because it's usually something like that which causes outbursts like this, needless to say I dissagree completely.

After installation did you get the HTW background?
    If this was the case i think you forgot to scroll down the campaign maps,there you would have found the HTW campaigns.
    Install everything again if this was the problem.
    There are also some instructions in the readme or on the site how you can delete the old MTW campaigns because they will not work anymore as you noticed.

CZoF

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Josephus V @ July 11 2004,16:56)]I decided to try a mod and this one looked really good.
    Anyway, I dowloaded 3.1 beta from the website and when I went to install it stops at about 30% with an error.

It says something like hillycoastalriver01.jjm contains invalid data (error 21FC)

What's the problem?
    I got this error too, did you download off the HTW site? If u did,try getting the mod from the secondary download link, that should work. I think theres something wrong with the primary download.

Kanto Kanrei Member Marshal Murat's Avatar

Fixed it. I couldn't get into the game.
    Anyway, I just had to delete the startpos files from the old version
    "Nietzsche is dead" - God

"I agree, although I support China I support anyone discovering things for Science and humanity." - lenin96

Re: Pursuit of happiness
    Have you just been dumped?

I ask because it's usually something like that which causes outbursts like this, needless to say I dissagree completely.

I will check the primary download link for errors.
    Use the secondary for a while it is the mizus link.

CZoF

I checked all the files from the primary link and they look fine,to be sure i downloaded and made a install all works fine so i guess some of you had corrupt downloads.The files work fine from the site,i cannot check the files uploaded to 3D downloads but these are only as a back-up in case the site is down(not so often) so i would always recommend the primary or secondary link on the site.

CZoF

Its a pretty long thread but i was wondering how exactly u get the music pack to work? i cant get it too open when i dl it.. its in rar so i dont have any way to open it to transfer it too wav? any answers?

i was playing a mutliplayer game on lan and i found that slingers cost minus gold, is it jsut a typo or do you get given gold for buying slingers

We have already a fix for this. Download the Projectile update file and install it at the root folder of MTW.

HTW link

CHIEF DESIGNER

Hellenic Total War

It seems like a line of my guys dissapear when they walk by trees or something it appears the line of invisible units stay in line with the trees or something...confusing...I know I saw something about this on other mods, but for some reason I can't use the search...anyone know how to fix...also I seem to had a CTD when I try to start certain battles..now is this because some units are incomplete or do I need to change settings for units size..if so, to what?

Normanpain,

Use allways default size for armys
    CHIEF DESIGNER

Hellenic Total War

Hey,i'm a new member :) I've been playing HTW and it's fantastic, and I've had no problems until I tried to do a custom battle, upon which I experience a CTD at about 25%. I was wondering if Custom battle was possible with the mod, and if it is then how do I fix it? (unit size is default, lol)
    Alex

We need to know the two factions involved,the composition of the two armies(what units) and the map you have chosen to find the bug.
    And yes,normally Custom battles are working fine.

CZoF

Hound of Ulster Member Fianóglach's Avatar

EDIT: No Worries I got it working.

The Pale Horseman Member Galagros's Avatar

v3.1 won't install for me because hillyinland33.jjm (I think it's .jjm) has invalid data...
    Favorite Authors (At the Moment)
    1. George RR Martin
    2. Bernard Cornwell
    3. Robert Jordan

The Pale Horseman Member Galagros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Galagros @ July 22 2004,17:02)]v3.1 won't install for me because hillyinland33.jjm (I think it's .jjm) has invalid data...
    Nevermind, I downloaded it again and it installed fine.
    Favorite Authors (At the Moment)
    1. George RR Martin
    2. Bernard Cornwell
    3. Robert Jordan

Problems installing for me as well. Downloaded from the HTW2 site, primary download as the secondary has met bandwidth limit. Installs around 75% then I get a message stating HTW did not install due to invalid data (error 21FC) in Testures\men\Customs\Custom5_H.BIF

I tried downloading the install twice. Happened both times. Any other links I could try. Thanks. I can't wait to kick some Spartan butt.
    I do not fight with salt but with the sword -Uesugi Kenshin after he sent half of his salt supply to his enemy, Takeda Shingen, who's salt caravans were attacked by the Hojo Clan and had no salt for the coming winter

Well, third times the charm. Downloaded from the 3ddownloads.com link this time. Installed without a problem. Runs fine. Started a campaign just to see how things run. Looks beautiful My only concern is the pileups at the start of a battle. I had 16 units piled into an area no bigger than 50 meters square. Took me a long while to separate them. Good thing the enemy waited up on a hill for me otherwise they would have made mince meat out of me. Does this always happen? Would make playing a pain in the rear. Again, looks beautiful. Great work.
    I do not fight with salt but with the sword -Uesugi Kenshin after he sent half of his salt supply to his enemy, Takeda Shingen, who's salt caravans were attacked by the Hojo Clan and had no salt for the coming winter

Angry

every time i try to install version 3.1 beta, all i get is a error message at 77 percent saying that invalid data (error 21FC) in Testures\men\Customs\Custom5_H.BIF
    Same problem as taiko, any idea on what to do, anything would be very helpful

Hi Clearachus,
    Have you tried the 3ddownloads.com file? That's the one that finally worked for me. Here's the link:

http://www.3ddownloads.com/strateg....eta.exe

There usually is about a 20 minute wait to download but after that it's very fast. Hope it works.

Hey thanks taiko, that did the trick

Next week the final version will be up so this problem is solved,i myself downloaded it from both links last week and they installed fine.No problems whatsoever using ADSL,well not so important anymore.Happy to see that using 3D downloads you have the files now.

CZoF

I was wondering what the Macedonian Phalanx is called in the build prod file? Can't seem to find it.

Cheers

Question Re: The Gymnasium

Gentleman Good Day.
    I have recently downloaded the HTW Music Pack. I need to know with what program do I open the file. Windows will not allow me to open file. Could someone help please?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast