Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Gymnasium

Default Re: The Gymnasium

You will need this
    WinRar
    Last edited by flip; 08-07-2004 at 22:02.
    CHIEF DESIGNER

Hellenic Total War

Hi guys:

Just wanted to say that the latest version installed without a problem, and it plays great.

I am a real fan of ancient warfare, and this is my favourite mod. I reinstalled MTW just so I could play this.

Excellent work!

Just one question:

What utility would I use to be able to add or remove starting units from the campaign map?

Again, thanks for all the hard work

Kanto Kanrei Member Marshal Murat's Avatar

One problem I have is as Aotealians (Roman units, buyay!) is that the
    Atheneans always somehow manage to Conquer almost all of Turkey, and Sparta takes almost all unclaimed islands.

also, the Principali, Hastati, Triarii, and Sagitarri don't have any descriptions.
    Last edited by Marshal Murat; 08-08-2004 at 18:30.
    "Nietzsche is dead" - God

"I agree, although I support China I support anyone discovering things for Science and humanity." - lenin96

Re: Pursuit of happiness
    Have you just been dumped?

I ask because it's usually something like that which causes outbursts like this, needless to say I dissagree completely.

Hello everyone. I recently installed HTW and everything was great. But, when I entered a battle on single-player (normal difficulty) as the Macedonians.. all of my units sort of collided into the middle of the field.. and it took like 10 minutes to straighten them out.. is this a recurring problem or just a 1 time bug? Thanks ahead of time.

We are tuning this issue, meanwhile, when enter battle, go to the left bottom shield icon, click, and change severall times the formations.
    CHIEF DESIGNER

Hellenic Total War

Yeah I would have edited or deleted my post but I wasn't sure.. I broke the rule of always checking the previous posts before making a new one.. Sorry about that.. Thanks for the reply though

I'm not sure if balance issues go here or not.. but I have a few issues with the new version.. elephants.. elephants are very weak imo.. Should not elephants at least scatter infantry to the wind? Chariots also seem to have the same problem.. one would expect a skythed chariot to have the ability to slice through infantry to a certain extent.. at least on a charge.. The Immortals.. they are pretty expensive for a unit that fights little better than the persian archers imo. I understand Persia is meant to win by numbers, generally, but the aforementioned units should be a little better, should they not? They're useless against the phalanx/hoplites. Otherwise, great mod.. thnx =)

great mod guys, I just have one problem, why is it that the troop graphics shows up blurry some battles and very clear in others, and I have a glitch on the persian horse archers every couple of battles. And finally one last thing, the akropoli, the largest fortress does not show up on my battle maps and instead i have on big brown hole. Please help me and again everything else is great.

Hi JP226

>>great mod guys, I just have one problem, why is it that the troop graphics shows up blurry some battles and very clear in others,

this is graphic card mem limitation, I had that some times, when large armys in field, then MTW piks the low resolution animations. 128Mb mem graphics will solve the glitch, or in some cases, disable Norton antivirus and heavy back ground programs.

>>and I have a glitch on the persian horse archers every couple of battles

can you describe the glitch better?

>>And finally one last thing, the akropoli, the largest fortress does not show up on my battle maps and instead i have on big brown hole. Please help me and again everything else is great.

this seems a install issue, tell me what you have inside the folder:
    campmap/pieces/buildings
    CHIEF DESIGNER

Hellenic Total War

I need help with the aetolians. I wanted to know how do you train the roman units. i read the aetolians description for the classical era and it said something about having roman allies and being able to use them. If it is just in the custom battle then fine. please any help will be appreciated.

in my campmap peices building file i have: CASTLE.buf, castleflags.bif, CITADEL.buf, FORT.buf, FORTEFIEDVILLAGE.buf, FORTRESS.buf, KEEP.buf, STOCKADE.buf, WARRIORHOLD.buf

The glitch with the persian harse archers and the greek version, the scythians or something along those lines, will flicker and turn to a almost a square burr, i think it has to do with the blurry texture problems. It seems when those untis are clear, the "flicker blurr" does not happen.

Thanks for your help, and agan great mod

@excutor

Like stated in the Readme on install the Roman units are only available in MP or Custom battle,

LZoF

Yeee, thanks to you we found an old bug. The horse glitch its a wrong low resolution animation, I'll adress it to Komninos to fix it. For the castles I don't know , the files are right, can you zip them and send it to me to chek? I send you a PM with my email.
    CHIEF DESIGNER

Hellenic Total War

I sent them, so unless i did something wrong they should be there any minute. thanks for the help

JP226,

files are right, so its another problem. in what era that happens? send me starpos files in campmap/starpos
    CHIEF DESIGNER

Hellenic Total War

I sent the files and, so far, every era i've fought in i've had the same problems with the akropoli.

ok this problem is not like the one you guys were talking about but i dont know where to put it and it might have something to do with the install but i am new and just downloaded HTW from the HTW site and everything went fine in the installation but when it was over and i clicked to begin nothing happened. The Viking invasion screen comes up like its about to start then it just goes away and nothing happens. i dont know what that means or what the problem is but i could use help cause i want to play this mod.
    -AC

When you use the HTW desktop shortcut do you get the HTW start-up page?
    If this is not the case and the install went fine you probably did install the mod ok but to a different map,look on your harddisc were it is.

LZoF
    Last edited by Lord Zimoa of Flanders; 08-18-2004 at 07:02.

Member Member The House of Khan's Avatar

Right Guys i wouldnt call this a problem but more of a "i wander if".

What i was wandering is "is it possible to view all Unit Scrolls (when you right click on any unit) without going into the game??

My reasons for this are.

I am now utterly Hooked on Greek influenced stuff ( for instance i am re-reading Gates of fire and Tides of war) and i am totally interested in each and evey thing that is in HTW.

I play my Brother play HTW online, against each other at least twice a week and i was wandering if it is possible to amalgamate all the factions and pick an army of the trrops you desire(just for fun)?

Cheers

Well this could be the ultimate Persian War mod.
    There would be Greek Coalition under the Spartan flag and Athenian city emblems and a Persian side. Greeks will be able to get all south Greek faction units (Spartan, Athenian, Argive) while Persians will have all there units but they will be able to recruit hoplites from Greek regions that they occupy.
    As Greek you would have to persuade the rest of the Greeks to follow you in the defense of Greece while Persians would have to by there way in to the rest of the Greeks and get there army to Greece.
    Multiplayer house rules:
    - Greeks should have armies no more than 8 units with only 1 or 2 light or light cavalry units of Greek origin (no Skiths or Thracians) when engaging the Persians.
    - Greeks should not have more than 4 special units and only 2 of the same city state. i.e. 2 Spartan, 2 Athenian, 2 General Hoplites or 2 Spartan, 4 General Hoplites.
    - Persians will be able to have any unit they like and a 16 unit army but in them only 1 would be of Greek origin.

Hi all,

Here is the litle mod described above.
    just dump it in the working HTW (they work in parallel) and select the Persian war mod.

The Persian Wars Mod of HTW

Please use it in both MP and SP and tell me what you think.

Default Re: Music Pack

I've downloaded the music pack but after converting to WAV and inserting it in the 'sounds/music' file al I get is the 'old' music.
    Checking the converted new files against the existing old files I fail to see any difference. Are you sure the music pack realy has 'new' music ?

The Viking Music is the same all the other songs have changed of course they have the same titles as the original music.Just open the pack and listen to the MP3 songs using WMP,if your ingame music is still the same it can be just one thing the install went wrong.Copy the pack to a new folder convert them to .wave and copy paste by hand to be sure.

LZoF

Senior Member Senior Member 1dread1lahll's Avatar

every thing works fine for me in HTW, however could you upload the music and money patch in Winzip? rar is not free winzip is....thx

It is shareware a 40 day trial for free after that it still works just like WinZip:

http://www.download.com/WinRAR/3000-...ml?tag=lst-0-1

LZoF

Sorry if this seems a stupid question, but can I have both games on my pc at the same time? ie clean install MTWVI on a different file name and add HTW to that?
    So that I could still play the original, just by quitting to windows and starting the old version?
    Im not bored with MTW yet you see so I probably wont dl HTW for ages if I cant have them both . . . .

Yes you can,

Make a full install of MTW/VI and all of the Patches / Updates.
    Then go to the directory before MTW (it would be something like C:\Program files\Activision\Total War or something like that) then Copy & Paste the entire MTW directory (C:\Program files\Activision\Total War\Medieval total War), rename the new directory (C:\Program files\Activision\Total War\Copy of Medieval total War) to Hellenic Total War (C:\Program files\Activision\Total War\ Hellenic Total War ) and apply the mod on this new one. Don't forget to make a new shortcut for the HTW to your desktop or anywhere else you like it to be.

Hi, the download for the new economy and music doesn't work, is there any other place I can download them?

Thanks.
    ~The Russian Front~
    www.redorchestramod.com

Canada : The New Best West

We are working on a new server account.
    All files are uploaded hope to be online again soon.

LZoF

Talking battle formation problem

Hello - I am new in this forum

First of all: thanks a lot for this great mod. It is just fun to see this map and all the historic Greek units. As I am a great fan of antique history and even learned some of the old Greek language at school this mod is a “must have” for me.

But there remains one problem with the game: whenever a battle starts, my units appear in a deeply crowded mass and each single unit is positioned in a long and very thin row. Changes in the formation (e.g. to wedge) do also not change this “long & very thin row-problem”. This automatic formation is a huge problem during battle as one always has an open flank and especially as one never can attack with full strength (mostly there are just three men next to each other (from right to the left), the rest of the unit then comes in many rows behind!).

Do you have also experienced this problem so far and how can I change this effect (have already tried the “clean-version-installment” measure with the latest 3.1 version)? It would be great if you could help as this is such a nice mod.

By the way 3cKo - you can download the HTW3.1 and HTW music pack without problems from the www.totalwar.org page (did so yesterday).
    www.totalwar.org
    go to Medieval and take there the link "files" (left hand side)
    go then to download "customs and mods" (in the middle)
    there you will find a big list of various mods for MTW, among them is the HTW 3.1 mod and the HTW music pack (this is an escecially good one)

Many greetings,
    Jens

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast