Thread: My changes to XL mod, interested anyone?

Member Member Alexandr III. Biges's Avatar

Question My changes to XL mod, interested anyone?

Hi,
    I made some minor changes to excellent XL mod just to suit my preferences, I'll post it, if anyone is interested and/or is not experienced with editing conf. files:

- Border forts no longer buildable, so just to make secret agents useful (note: I never send more than three agents of certain type to a province, especially spies), this way you have to boost your chances to catch an enemy agent with your spies, diplomats and assassins.

- Greece is somewhat neglected province, so it gives +1 valour to Byzantine infantry.

- Nicaea now gives +1 bonus to Klibanophoroi instead of Pronoiai Allagion.

- I think something is wrong with building Shipyard level 3 (playing High era), so I just edited it to requiere Siege Enginer level 2 to be biult.

- Reduceed building time for Varagian Guard to 1 turn.

- Alan mercenary cavalry now buildable in already selected regions (Georgia and Khazar), take two turns and Inn and Horse farmer level three.

- Klibanophoroi now usable in High and Late era, instead of Early and High.

Please note: These changes are not motivated by historical data, just simply to make the game mor ballanced and/or fun :) So, please don't start throwing stuff at me :)

Default Re: My changes to XL mod, interested anyone?

sounds like some interesting changes. Its a good start at making a new mod, but i think a bit more has to be done before you can really publicise it as making the game better/funner.

However, imo, anything added to the XL mod is for the better.
    "You know me, Marge. I like my beer cold, my TV loud, and my homosexuals fa-laming!" -Homer

AKA Jarl Snjorri Bevlarson Member Sven Der Viking's Avatar

Cool Re: My changes to XL mod, interested anyone?

Hmm, not sure dude. I like the XL mod as is, but i'm always open to change. Hey we californians are known for being open. At least some of us.
    Sven Der Viking will raid your house, storm your garage, and give you a pamphlet on the Art Of Heavy Metal

@Alexandr III. Biges
    If you release anything, please release it as a patch and write that it's not a "original" patch for the mod. Im working on a patch for my mod so I don't want a mixup.

@Duke Dick
    Why do you say "anything added to the XL mod is for the better", you make it sound like my mod can't get any worse. Why don't try out my mod before making comments about it. Im getting tired of this..

MTW XL version 3.0 out now! Get it here:
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=31201

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Dick
    sounds like some interesting changes. Its a good start at making a new mod, but i think a bit more has to be done before you can really publicise it as making the game better/funner.

However, imo, anything added to the XL mod is for the better.
    No, no, I don't intend to release a new mod, these are just small personal adjustments, maybee if VikingHorde will consider them being of some value for more people, he may add them as alternate (?) XL campaigns :)

Quote Originally Posted by VikingHorde
    @Alexandr III. Biges
    If you release anything, please release it as a patch and write that it's not a "original" patch for the mod. Im working on a patch for my mod so I don't want a mixup.
    No problem, once you release the patch, I'll simply add my changes. I'll send them to anyone, but only at specific demand, I don't like in mods of mods :) Take a look on my previous post (before this one :) .

You probably know this: For building shipyard level three, a player need foundry level 2, however, S3 is not producing ships with guns (at least I hope so), so that's why I changed it to siege_enginer2.

I also made more changes: Excluded all artilery units (including naptha throwers) from rebel armies, it's hard to believe a bunch o robeles attack with armies composed 3/4 of catapults etc. :)
    Also units like Welsh Bandits and Pictish Crossbowmen appear in rebellions and/or crusades in provinces they should not be (Sicily).

Btw, great work! :)

Quote Originally Posted by VikingHorde
    @Duke Dick
    Why do you say "anything added to the XL mod is for the better", you make it sound like my mod can't get any worse. Why don't try out my mod before making comments about it. Im getting tired of this..
    i dont mean it like that, what i mean is that i find it hard to play your mod because of BKB's(which is my fave mod out there). so when changes like this are made, it makes me play your mod more. sorry if it sounded like an insult to your mod.
    "You know me, Marge. I like my beer cold, my TV loud, and my homosexuals fa-laming!" -Homer