Greetings all,

Just wanted to put word out on this mod I'm working on. I've been working on it off and on for awhile since March(IIRC) and finally got to a point where I will want to complete it.

Three Kingdoms - Total War

Setting
The setting is during the Three Kingdoms time period of ancient China which occurs just after the fall of the Han Dynasty. You may know it from the KOEI games or the historical chinese fiction novel Sanguo Yan Yi.(Romance of the Three Kingdoms)

Progress
Currently working on setting up a campaign set at the year 200AD just before the 3 kingdoms(Wei/Shu/Wu) emerge. I'm aiming for 3 campaign scenarios.

There will not be any new unit bifs they are beyond my capabilities.(I'm going to re-use what's available)

But I do have a fully working campaign map done and am now working on factions/units/interface. I'm replacing some of the campaign pieces as well. You can see some screenshots in the link below:

Screenshots Link

200 AD Campaign - The Rise of Cao Cao
Set just before Yuan Shao and Cao Cao Conflict. Liu Bei still in the east and Sun Ce has just passed away leaving Sun Quan as leader.

Factions
Liu Biao
Liu Zhang
Yuan Shao
Zhang Lu
Sun Quan
Cao Cao
Ma Teng
Liu Bei

Units
This is the tough part with hardly any info on the common grunt, Sanguo + KOEI games concentrate on the generals. There isn't much info(translated anyway) on the true history either.

With that in mind I'm thinking of, for unique faction units, associating generals with units.(ie. Guan Yu's Poleaxe Infantry, Xiahou Calvary etc.) Does anyone think that's a bad idea? Or if there are any asian historians here, how about suggesting some unit names.

Here are some common units that all factions have that I'm using:
Spearmen
Crossbowmen
Militia(poleaxe)
Light Infantry(Archer/swords)
Light Calvary
Heavy Calvary
Catapult, Ballista

For mercenaries I will use neihgbouring barbarians, I have set up provinces(prefectures) near their respective barbarians to be able to hire(or build) them. The Huns, Qiang, and Nanman I plan to use in some way.

That's all for now, input is appreciated.