Thread: Scooby Doo

Conspicuously Inconspicuous Member makkyo's Avatar

Default Scooby Doo

One day me and a couple of budies of mine were discussing Scooby Doo (early cartoon episodes) and what it all ment (deep down inside).

We have concluded that:
    The Mystery Machine is powered by highly concitrated pot with the exaust being pumped directly back into the cab of the car. This makes the gang completely spaced out 24/7 to the point where they begin to imagine things. This is where Scooby comes in. This talking dog with a speach impediment is nothing more than a figment of the gang's imaginations. This also explains why Shaggy is always so hungry to where he can eat more than three times his body mass. Shaggy has the munchies.
    But we have just scratched the surface of Scooby Doo. A deeper, more phycological look into the cartoon reveals that:
    The gang is a micro cosmic representation of society today and the so called "villian" is a simple act to change society, revolutionaries you might call them. Every time these "revolutionaries" try to change the world, "society" tries to destroy the so called villian's attempt to change the world.

You all can add your thoughts to my idea.
    "And one should bear in mind that there is nothing more difficult to execute, nor more dubious of success, nor more dangerous to administer than to introduce a new order to things; for he who introduces it has all those who profit from the old order as his enemies; and he has only lukewarm allies in all those who might profit from the new. This lukewarmness partly stems from fear of their adversaries, who have the law on their side, and partly from the skepticism of men, who do not truly believe in new things unless they have personal experience in them."
    ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Default Re: Scooby Doo

I forgot to say that Velma was some collage kid Freddy kidnaped and then drugged and Daphnie was a hooker without much better to do.
    "And one should bear in mind that there is nothing more difficult to execute, nor more dubious of success, nor more dangerous to administer than to introduce a new order to things; for he who introduces it has all those who profit from the old order as his enemies; and he has only lukewarm allies in all those who might profit from the new. This lukewarmness partly stems from fear of their adversaries, who have the law on their side, and partly from the skepticism of men, who do not truly believe in new things unless they have personal experience in them."
    ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Boondock Saint Senior Member The Blind King of Bohemia's Avatar

Was Velma the ugly bird with glasses? She was definetly on something

Coffee farmer extraordinaire Member spmetla's Avatar

What does scrappy represent then? You'll also notice that scooby and shaggy are just as hungry when they go off and do their own movies without the rest of the gang or the mystery machine. And as in lupin the third the changed the color of shaggy's shirt to red.

"Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?"
    -Abraham Lincoln

Four stage strategy from Yes, Minister:
    Stage one we say nothing is going to happen.
    Stage two, we say something may be about to happen, but we should do nothing about it.
    Stage three, we say that maybe we should do something about it, but there's nothing we can do.
    Stage four, we say maybe there was something we could have done, but it's too late now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Blind King of Bohemia
    Was Velma the ugly bird with glasses? She was definetly on something
    I'm thinking that the starter of this thread is under the influence of something...
    “A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship But it is not this day, an hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day This day we fight” – Aragorn, King of Gondor

-=Allies & Axis Total War=-

Senior Member Senior Member English assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nightcrawlerblue
    I'm thinking that the starter of this thread is under the influence of something...
    Yeah someone's baked all right buit I don't know if its shaggy...
    "The only thing I've gotten out of this thread is that Navaros is claiming that Satan gave Man meat. Awesome." Gorebag

Pining for the glory days... Member lancelot's Avatar

Did you use some of the 'concerntrated pot' also? Can I have some?
    "England expects that every man will do his duty" Lord Nelson

"Extinction to all traitors" Megatron

"Lisa, if the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girls sports, such as hot oil wrestling and foxy boxing and such and such." Homer Simpson

It's been spoken for.
    ~ Niccolo Machiavelli