Thread: More newbie questions

Question More newbie questions

Finally finished my first campaign and I've learned a lot by playing as well as reading the forums.
    Still I'm curious about a couple of things:

Some buildings can only be built once(Admirality and Cathedral if my memory serves me well).Does anyone have a list of these buildings?
    Then there is the matter of titles,wich buildings give wich titles?(a.k.a. Duke of soandso etc)
    And the last one:
    Why do I only get 1 valour for vikings produced in Norway when I have built up the swordsmith up to the last level?Shouldn't that give 1 extra valour?

Thanks

Default Re: More newbie questions

One more quick question
    How do you tell your missile units to engage in melee in stead of firing their missiles?

Teppo Taisho Member Maeda Toshiie's Avatar

"Some buildings can only be built once(Admirality and Cathedral if my memory serves me well).Does anyone have a list of these buildings?"

Grand mosque, Cathedral, marshall's palace, admiralty. (use gnome editor to check the building stats file)

"Then there is the matter of titles,wich buildings give wich titles?(a.k.a. Duke of soandso etc)"

Palace gives chief enuch or chancellor (or whatever), marshall's palace gives different titles to different factions, cathedral gives archbishop of whatever, admiralty gives lord admiralty of whatever. And a few more that I cant remember. Look at the post below mine.

"Why do I only get 1 valour for vikings produced in Norway when I have built up the swordsmith up to the last level?Shouldn't that give 1 extra valour?"

Plain vikings do not have any building requirements (they only need fort). Hence they do not gain any valour from master level buildings.

"How do you tell your missile units to engage in melee in stead of firing their missiles?"

Look at their mode at the top of the screen, engage at will or skirmish or hold formation. Check the action icon on the unit tab at the bottom of the screen, whether its is crossed swords (ie melee) or a bow (ie firing arrows).
    *edit* fast way is to alt-left click on the enemy (note that the arrow cursor would turn into a sword.)
    Last edited by Maeda Toshiie; 09-02-2004 at 13:03.
    Keeping the ashigarus in line since 1575

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Post Re: More newbie questions

Quote Originally Posted by Crayno
    Some buildings can only be built once(Admirality and Cathedral if my memory serves me well). Does anyone have a list of these buildings?
    Special buildings:
    Royal Palace (can be built more than once, but you can award the title of chamberlain/chief eununch one time): +2L,+2A
    Chancellery: +3L,+1C,+1A
    Constable: +2L,+2C
    Marshall: +2L,+2C
    Admiral: +1L,+2C
    Cathedral: +2P,+3A
    Where L=Loyalty, A=Acumen, C=Command and P=Piety
    (Taken from the 'New? Please read this first topic?')

Why do I only get 1 valour for vikings produced in Norway when I have built up the swordsmith up to the last level? Shouldn't that give 1 extra valour?
    Vanilla vikings have as requirement the fort, so they do not get the bonus from the swordsmith. If you are referring to Huscarles, it is possibly because multi-building requirment units do not have straightforward valour upgrades.

How do you tell your missile units to engage in melee in stead of firing their missiles?
    Keep alt pressed and click on the enemy unit.

EDIT: MT beat me too it .
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Thanks !

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Arrow Re: More newbie questions

And for the VI titles:
    Royal Hall: +1C
    Royal Mint: +2L, +2A
    Court of Law: +2L, +2D
    Royal Armoury: +2L, +2C
    (Taken from Bushface's info pack)
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!