Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thrace

Default Thrace

This faction must be unlocked with game editing before you can play.
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.

Default Thrace: suggestions to get you going

There are some excellent guides on how to succeed in RTW in general. You would do well to read them! There is no point of repeating any of them here; instead, let me tell you what I did to succeed for Thrace in the short campaign on very hard/very hard – I advise you to always play on very hard as anything else will be a tremendous waste of time. The AI is hardly challenging!

As Thrace, you start in little corner on the Balkan peninsula, south of Scythia, east of Dacia and Macedonia. Since I have already played for Dacia (and shared my thoughts in the guide there), the region was very familiar to me. So, first order of military business was capturing Byzantium from the rebels – it is a very profitable city. To do that, move your spy to reveal where the city is, take the Auxiliary Cavalry from your capital, merge it with the army of your heir and move to Byzantium.

In your two cities, raise taxes to max and set roads in the building queue. Your diplomat should move to Dacia (north-west) to sign an alliance and sell maps and get trade rights. I did not want war with Dacia at the moment. You are done for turn One.

Turn Two: move your Spy in Byzantium. He will reveal the presence of 2 Hoplites and 1 Peltasts. Most importantly, he will give you a 32% chance to open the gate when you attack, this same turn! In my case, it worked and I saved a turn of siege.

The battle for Byzantium is of medium difficulty. The Peltasts were at the gate and were quickly over-run by my general’s cavalry without any loss of life on my side. Then move the Auxiliary Cavalry to irritate the two phalanx units. My missile troops managed to reduce the enemy count. Use your falxmen to finish the job. I am sure somebody on the web has written at length about fighting with and against phalanxes in RTW. I haven’t looked for it, so I had to invent my own way through experience. Here is my approach:

Use the two units of falxmen to attack the phalanx from two opposite sides. The unit that is facing the phalanx will face a very tough time, so make sure you pull it back a little just as they engage it. The unit attacking from behind will do most of the killing. Don’t waste your time charging with your general – I did that and even attacking in the rear cost me immediately 3 dead horsemen. The phalanx is really tough on cavalry.

All in all, if you lose more than 50 men in capturing Byzantium, you probably didn’t manage the battle right. Normal losses should be about 35-40. Upon capturing the city, you don’t need to enslave or kill the population as there are only 2,000 or so of them and they won’t give you much trouble.

For the next couple of turns, move your diplomat to talk to the Dacians and your spy towards the Macedonians. Build a second diplomat. Money should start flowing quickly, as I am sure by now you have built roads, mines or land clearance in various of your cities.

I offered a packaged deal to the Dacians – alliance, trade rights and map information. After some haggling, they agreed on 4-turn tribute at 750 per turn. Not rich, but accomplished the goal of an alliance.

Use your faction leader to put a couple of towers, particularly on the border with Macedonia. Putting towers on the boarder and on ‘blind’ spots in your territory is always a good move – it prevents surprises from enemies and it also allows you to spot if rebels are disrupting your trade routes.

Since we are talking about family members, let me also offer this advice – manage their retinues well! If you have a management-improving retinue on a family member you are planning to use as your conquering general, then the retinue won’t be helping you most of the time! Instead, transfer it to a governor you plan to keep inside a city. Second, give your young family members some chance to sit in a city and get married. The last thing you want is to have no heirs!!! Ensure the future.

On the other hand, if you have enough children already, it may be a good idea to start working on a young general early, if that particular family member has no good management characteristics. I got a youngster, Ziles in 268 BC, that had bad management vices, so I decided to turn him into a general and use my aging leader as a governor!

My plan was to concentrate at first on the easy targets – the rebel-controlled cities in the Mediterranean. This will allow me to get the buildings to produce quality troops, as well as to give my enemies a chance to produce quality troops as well! After all, what fun is there to win easy victories!!! For this plan to work, I needed a port in Byzantium.

Just as I made that plan, a large Pontus army disembarked right next to Byzantium. I sold them maps and trade rights, hired mercenaries right there, moved an army from the capital and prepared for their obvious attack. Pontus signed even an alliance with me, but I was not fooled! A diplomat was sent to sign a hasty treaty with the Macedonians and to hire a rebel army in their territory. Macedonians agreed to an alliance and paid 4,000 for maps and trade rights. Scythians paid 5,000 for maps and trade rights. Thus, fairly early, I had a huge war chest, but very little in terms of hirable troops.

Next turn the Pontus besieged Byzantium. You already knew it, so, I am assuming you are prepared for it. I bribed two more armies from Macedonian territory (note: it is much cheaper to bribe rebel armies than it is to build the same army or to hire mercenaries!) and took them home.

Over the next 3 turns I stalled with Pontus, bribed a couple of rebel armies every turn (got lucky with the rebels) and managed to convince Pontus to accept ceasefire. The following turn I see Pontus went to war with the Seleucids. One would think they will need their strongest army and the faction heir for that war, but he continued to stand right next to Byzantium! After giving him 2 more turns to reconsider, I attacked.

Why wait so long you will ask? Well, try attacking that Pontus army and you will understand. He had 2 units of heavy cavalry in addition to the general’s bodyguard, there was also a unit of light cavalry, archers, peltests and a 5 units of spearmen, if I recall correctly. All this force was lead by an able general. When I finally attacked, I had 4 militia hoplites, 3 units of Thracian mercenaries, 4 units of peltests, 2 illirians, and 5 units of various cavalry. The odds were 4:3, but with Pontus on the defense (and sure to take a hill), I felt they had the better force. The battle started hard (AI on the hill), but the AI showed no initiative! My missiles ran supreme, routed 3 spearmen before the fight even started, my 3 cavalry units ganged on the unprotected general and killed him and once the hoplites finally showed up on top of the hill, it was all over. Man, does the AI do a poor job fighting: it lost over 600 men while only inflicting 122. So, don’t be afraid of the AI! Attack!

From here on, you should be strong enough to build up. The Thrace economy is excellent and Nicomedia and Crete are easy picking. Keep the war away from your money-making cities and decide who will go after next. Overall, of the three factions (other than the Romans) I have played in campaigns with, Thrace is second in terms of starting difficulty (Dacia was easier, Spain was quite hard). Enjoy.

Default Re: Thrace

Pontus is fine as long as you sign an agreement before they cross to your territory. You must keep your eyes on everyone, despite solid alliences at the beginning, (in my game) macedon, daicia and sycthia attacked me, breaking my allience. In fact, only the pontic people stayed true. It really helps if you ally wiht the greeks (after taking some of their good territories :) ), as this surrounds the macedonians for an easy kill. Their cavalry are your main problem, as your phalanxes are hard to get and nowhere near as strong as the macedonian ones. You need numbers to succeed.

I'm currently working on getting rome allied to me so i can pound daicia and sycia in peace!
    From wise men, O Lord, protect us -anon
    The death of one man is a tragedy; the death of millions, a statistic -Stalin
    We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area -UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer

War Story Recorder Senior Member Maltz's Avatar

From the reply and view counts, I guess Thrace is rather an unpopular faction. Indeed, Thrace does not have a lot of "character". It sits between prosper and barren; its hybrids between the barbarian and Greeks. There is no ultimate killer unit in Thrace, meaning if our campaign is dragged too long and the enemies develop well, Thrace is gonna suck and sink. Yep, I can't think of a reason why people will be a Thrace fan; perhaps they were Imagawa fan in STW. (same color)

The bright side is Thrace is quite powerful early on. The 2nd level melee infantry is falxmen, powerful attack and decent defense. Can't really beat them easily! The 1st level ranged unit is peltasts, not bad for melee as well. 2nd level ranged unit is archer, which is quite standard. The 1st level cavalry is jav. cav. (militia cavalry). Missle cavalry is always useful - you better learn it. As you can see, with a mixture peltasts-falxmen-archers-militra cavalry, your army is very healthy. Numidia only has peltasts and jav. cav. and we could survive.

I just played as Thrace for about 5 yrs. Same as Dacia, I ignored all rebels and poured all my starting army south to get rid off Macedon. There are a few hard battles, but generally speaking any able-minded, brave-enough player can handle them. AI Macedon has a killing weakness - its cavalry is way faster than its phalanx. So there are always 20-30 seconds to defeat cavalry first, then kill the pikemen next. Any 2 unit can kill a pikeman. The key of avoiding casaulty - I am sure you already know - is not to charge face-on in the first place. charge from the side/back instead.

*** some updates ***

Now it is 9 yrs into the campaign and I own 18 provinces: the entire Balkan up to the point of Dacia territory, plus the former Brutii. Dacia had some last big battles with my new clan leader, which are very exciting. Scipii is about to lose Capua. Senate army got a plague from somewhere... poor.

For all Greek towns I just "occupied", because there is no cultural penalty. (Good to be in the greater Greek family!) Falxmen saved a lot of days, while the addition of archers certainly helped sieges a lot.

There is certainly some fun factor in Thrace, just uncharacteristic. Not very easy, nor very hard to play...

Pretty standard Greek faction.

The falxmen are pretty nice; if you can get anything pinned to your phalanx they are even better

Macedonia comes after you early and their cavalry is annoying; I lured a huge stack of mainly lancers into a bridge battle_that was the end of the cavalry and the end of my problems

Scythia doesn't put up much of a fight; odd when you think of how good HA's can be in this game-there seems to be a steady supply of HA merc's on the steppes.

If you play a long campaign go after Brutii sooner rather than later. If you've taken out the Macedonians and Greeks there isn't anything else for them but YOU Given time, their army will be huge when it arrives. When playing as Greece I went for Brutii almost immediately_do the same as Thrace and mid-game will be much easier.

Very nice infantry line-up and seems to have all the tools.
    Ja-mata TosaInu

i liked thrace because u can easely rebuild the byzantum empire. scythia is rather peacefull.. and just bribe when a army comes near campus gatea.. this also counts for dacia army. when macadinia attacked i took bylazora, wich for i had to figth my falxmen vs much calavery. than i signed peace, i let the macadionans as a border between brutti, greece and me. in the beginning i took byzantum and nicomedia and let the pontic sign a ceasefire. than greek attackd nicomedia.. i let them pay.. and now im gana attack all turkeys harbor/citys/// (pergamum, sardis, halicarnus) 2 wonders + very rich.
    i like thrace because of ther pikemen wich are defencive great. and there ( forgot there name: they look like tracian mercanairys but a bit stronger and they can be build) they are good attackers.. (or pikemen in the mid and they + falxmen on the sides to flak.
    i now have a rather small empire but im very rich. soon ill take out dacia and thessalonica. thracia is very fun to play with

The thing that turns many people off thrace is that phalanx pikemen can only be gotten after about 20-30 turns. the macedonians can get them in 4.
    From wise men, O Lord, protect us -anon
    The death of one man is a tragedy; the death of millions, a statistic -Stalin
    We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area -UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer

Pontus didnt bother me atall. I felt that going straight for Dacia led me into a strong position against Macedon. Signing an alliance with Brutii took some time but it works to you advantage. Whislt they battle away with Macedon's big armies, you pop away at their towns. They provide a great economy.

I went for dacia too... I took 3 cities and just about saw the end of their armies for quite some time

Played several campaigns on VH/VH/Huge Thrace and was wiped out every time before 250.

My problem was that until you can build phalangites you have nothing that can stand up to the stacks full of lancers that Macedon throw at you.

While falxmen and peltasts should be able to deal with the early Mac militia pikemen they usually do not get a chance to flank them as they are routed by the lancers.

The lack of decent cavalry is a real problem and totally unhistoric - Thracians were famous horsemen and should probably have light lancers of their own.

They should probably also have Getic horse archers (the Getae were a Thracian tribe that adopted HA from the Scythians).

Shame - as with better cavalry the phalanx, peltasts, falxmen and archers should make a good combination at least in the early game.

A simple and more historic alternative would be to give the Thracians militia pikemen at level 2 as well as light lancers and horse archers at level 2.

They should also have a Thracian noble cavalry unit at level 3 - a tougher version of the barbarian unit.

It also seems rather unfair that whereas the Greeks and Macedonians get extra experience from their temples of Ares, the Thracians only get a + to morale - rectifying this would at least give them the upgrades to stand up to the Brutii in the middle game.

(Have used RTR but can't get on with it - too many dubious and unnecessary additions).

Think I will try once more using an all-out rush at the Macedonians before they can build the lancer hordes....

Here is my Thracian Guide:
    I have gone extremely well with Thrace, because they have falxmen and pikemen.

After a few turns, I quickly captured Porrolisium, the Dacian Capital, it is very easy to defend this settlement, because it is surrounded on all sides with impaasable mountains, except for 4 passes. Simply build a fort in each of the passes, and you're impregnable!

Then, I quickly moved south and captured Byzantium, an important settlement guarding the channel into the Black Sea.

Unfortunately, soon after this Macedon attacked me, I had a difficult time with them and very soon I lost Byzantium and Tylis, the Thracian Capital.

I changed my capital to Porrolisium, as it is much easier to defend. And then I gathered a smallish army of about 600 there.

I marched my army to Byzalora, recruiting mercenaries as I went, which was ill-defended by Macedon, only 100 men there or so, and promtly stormed it. I only occoupied it, because I need the income from the settlment, and a new training base on the front line.

Then, I delibrately accepted becoming a Macedonian Protectocate, so they would lift the siege of Byzalora. Then, I delibrately offered them a gift, and they quit the Protectocate.

I was next planning on attacking Dacia more, but then I got attack by an army of the House of Brutti. The odds were even, but I had my General's Cavalry and a unit of Sarmatian Cavalry(Mercenaries) with me, and they had none. I easily defeated their Hastati-Velitite army, and marched northwards toward Northern Italy, and recruited more mercenaries.

I delibrately by-passed Patavium, as I didn't want to invoke the Gaul's wrath. I easily defeated a few one-unit Julii armies, and marched into Latium.

The Senate, quite stupidly, left their main army out of reach from Rome, and only had about 200 men in their city. I quickly besieged it, and constructed as many Siege Towers/Ladders as I could. I ended the turn expecting a Senate attack, and suprisingly although they could have easily reached me, didn't attack.

The next turn, I assulted Rome. With 1000 men at my disposal, and the Senate's puny 200, it was a relatively easy storming, although it did get quite close to the time limit.

That's how I conquered Rome in 20 years. Hope you enjoy it, and maybe use the general guide yourself.

Cheers!

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

Member Member Claudius Maniacus Sextus's Avatar

Red face Re: Thrace

iv hit asia minor with an 16 year old gen. some hoplites falx but cav or archers.after 2-3 battles iv got my gen to 10stars and then i captured all of asia minor and my new borders are with armenia,greek cities,bruti and dacia.after that dacia attacked,so i cap. their 2 starting reg. and now battling brutii in grecce.i won thesalonic,byzalora,athens,and one more(cant remeber the name,but it is right next to thermon).
    ABSOLUT Orthodox Religious Fanatic
    "Ave Domini,Murituri Te Salutant''

playing consul/consul RTR

I have left the Dacians alone at the beginning and concentrated on the macedonians who are much more aggressive towards me. Early offensives against them are a must, they will always come for you with 3/4 stacks and you have to destroy their production capacity even if you cannot hold the province afterword (read: slash and burn policy). Even if the Scythians ally with the macedonians and attack from the north it still makes sense to concentrate forces southwards against Macedon. Then Scythians can be beaten w/ Militia and mercs, save your falxmen for the southern enemy. I left Byzantium alone at the beginning and took the macedonian province of Phillipi instead, deals them a blow and I can always go back for Byzantium. Whenever you increase you frontage try to take it from Alex's kids, the rebeles are trifling by comparison. Like any other faction, once your economy reaches critical mass you basically cant be stopped. The money is so tight at the beginning I broke my self imposed rule of not selling maps to get over the hump. By the time I didnt need to sell them anymore every single faction in the known world had a very expensive, high quality map of Thrace. I dont see how you can raise the funds neccesary to expand in time without doing this.

Sig by Lord Rahl

hmmmmm just wondering...i know that this is not relevant to "RTW Guides", but is there a mod or fix that i can do to access production of phalanxes after i built the city barracks, cos the phalanxes where replaced with the bastarnaes, and i need the phalanxes!

neway, heres my 2 cents...

diplomacy is really very important, and it certainly helped me in the beginning-selling trade rights, alliances, map info...managed to get about a tribute of 700-2000 for 4-7 turns :), which really accelerated my economy...hmmmm...i guess it will work with all factions. i managed to get 10,000+ payment from egypt for just map info! very nice...(well, it was Medium/Medium... )

one of the more subtle strategies i had was to leave the hellenic factions alone, except for macedon (15 province objectives...) and expand elsewhere-eastern europe, italy, sicily, north africa, by passing greece. this way, when all the hellenic factions (seleucid, greeks) declare war, i just bribe armies, to swell my numbers, and then, crush the fellow greeks...
    TIME IS A DOUBLE EDGED SWORD...

Abuse it, and it will work against you...
    Use it wisely, and you will be eternally
    and everlastingly rewarded and blessed

Gentis Daciae Member Cronos Impera's Avatar

Wink Re: Thrace

(270-265) BC-> Take Ziles and march towards Macedonia,conquering Thesallonica.Bribe all standing Macedonian armies and besiege all cities.Meanwhile take your other diplomat (presouming you trained one) and ally yourself with The Brutii.Then train a spy in Thesallonica and wait for the plague .Send him to visit Dacia and Scithya,if he lasts that long.If you are lucky, all rival fammily members will be dead or dying and their armies will be crippled. Take the diplomat and bribe Sagestica and Salona, then head towards Patavium.Bribe the settlement, as it should cost about 5000 denarii todo so.Pillage all buildings and sell the settlement to the Gauls back for 100 denarii. It will rebel and the Gauls can't do a thing. Increase the tax to V.High in Greece( Thesallonica,Corinth and Athens).Take Byzntium with 6 Peltasts and 2 Missile Cav. The rest is legend
    " If you don't want me, I want you! Alexandru Lapusneanul"
    "They are a stupid mob, but neverless they are a mob! Alexandru Lapusneanul"

Default Chapter 1 of my Thracian Guide!

Just a quick note here: I'm by no means a veteran RTW player. My expierience is limited to a number of short campaigns. However, I am a Total War veteran and I've been successful with my campaigns (so far!) so I figure, what the heck, might as well throw my own two cents into this guide as no one else is!

Chapter 1

Thrace is not an easy faction to play as. They are an odd mix between a Greek faction and a barbarian one. They include barbarian units such as Falxmen, and depend a lot on Peltasts and Militia Cavalry. On the other hand, Militia hoplites are the name of the (quite diffucult) game early on.

You begin with two provinces on the western coast of the Black Sea. Both are relatively poor early on, so raise taxes to 'very high.' The public order consequences aren't huge, so don't worry about. Next, queue up roads in your settlements. It's important for any faction to have decent roads, and Thrace is no different. You'll find without roads, transporting units to other settlements becomes a tedious job.

It's still your first turn. Have your spy begin the long trek to the Macedonian cities you border. The Macedonians will stab your back at any chance they get. This makes them a target early on. Take your diplomat and move up toward Dacian territory for an alliance and trade rights.

Your final move for the first turn is to move your faction leader's army toward Byzantium in the southeast. Byzantium is not so much of a gold mine in RTW as it was in the previous game, but nonethless it provides a much needed economic boost early on.

On the second, consider how much land clearance will take away from your treasury. If you want to take that risk of having your treasury decreasing more and more, than go ahead and do it. Personally, I chose to build some shrines for better public order. Another option is a barracks in Campus Graetea.

On the diplomatic side of things, continue moving your diplomat toward Dacian territory. Your spy should continue on his way to Bylazora or Thessalonica, which ever Macedonian city is closer.

Set Byzantium under siege and construct a battering ram. For this next turn, keep your building projects down; your treasury was low to begin with! Your agents should continue onward and perhaps will reach their target this turn. Offer the Dacians an alliance and trade rights and they should accept if you don't demand anything.

The battle for Byzantium is an easy one. Use your Militia Cavalry to shoot the Hoplites as much as they can. As soon as the gates been breached, use your General's cavalry to exploit the hoplite's flank, as they begin to pull back to the city center. Take the Militia Cavalry and chase down the Peltasts who are heading back to the town square. Use standard pin and flank tactics on the second unit of Hoplites and the city is yours.

Well, that's it for now. You've got a successful power base and some income.

Default Re: Chapter 1 of my Thracian Guide!

bastarne and falxmen are really good and then they have phanlanx men that finish it off there well good
    "Do you have blacks, too?" —to Brazilian President Fernando Cardoso, Washington, D.C., Nov. 8, 2001
    "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
    —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004
    "I want you to know. Karyn is with us. A West Texas girl, just like me."
    —Nashville, Tenn., May 27, 2004

how stupid george bush is !

remember though, that bastarnae are expensive mercenaries and at the start of a thracian campaign, money is quite scarce...

yer but falxmen arent that expensive nether are phalanx men .so that aint true
    "Do you have blacks, too?" —to Brazilian President Fernando Cardoso, Washington, D.C., Nov. 8, 2001
    "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

I like falxmen, but I don't like Hoplites, they're a pretty rubbish unit but nonetheless a phalanx but then again, I'm not an infantry commander.

i think hoplites arent very good becasue they dont have very long pikes i think phalanx are much btter adn thracens dont have many units

"Not many units.." This is why I think A thracian campaign could get boring quite quickly.

i got bored quickly coz u dont have many i took macedon and greece ad=nd then got bored and lost alot of land to the romans

I'm sure the Romans would come before the Marian reforms so you would have a good chance of opposing them. If you have some armies capapble of taking Macedon and Greece, you should have an army capable of taking on the Romans.. You should percevere and try to win some campaigns rather than giving up all the time!!

The Thracians have a) a very unremarkable unit array, b) a terribly faceless army that has no character (hoplite? barbarian horde? disciplined melee? it's a little of each and none of all), c) an unenviable starting position. Oh, did I mention the snake sigil of theirs SUCKS? not to mention they're historically supposed to be more cavalry-capable than the militia and greeks that're all they can field. But that said, their main problem is surviving the early stages. As I see it, since the best they've got is Bastarnae, which isn't very good anyhow, they'll need a very mercenary-based strategy to win. Like Carthage in history.

EB DEVOTEE SINCE 2004

Senior Member Senior Member katank's Avatar

The bastarnae mecs are expensive mercs. However, the Thracians can build real bastanae which is their highest level infantry unit.

These bastarnae are actually really tough little buggers with 2 hp. Furthermore, they are fast which means that on a run, they are not significantly slower than cav and are strong flankers/shock troops.

Falxmen are also one of the strongest 2nd level units in terms of pure melee ability. Unfortunately, the Thracian version does not have warcry which puts a damper on this otherwise fantastic unit.

Thrace is indeed quite unappealing. It's the last faction that I tried. I would beg to differ with taking of Byzantium.

I personally like to make a beeline for Thessalonica and leave Byzantium for after Larissa and Byzalora is taken.

This allows me to get to the rich lands of Greece faster along with cash from exterminations and access to higher level troops. For example, with Thessalonia, you can have phalanx pikemen right away instead of having to wait for your cities to develop.

Oh okay... are the stats for Thracian bastarnae any higher than those of the mercs? Hmm, Thrace would certainly be the last faction I tried, too. Even Numidia seems more interesting. Hmmm... Isn't Byzantium a rich settlement too, once you build a port at it?

EB DEVOTEE SINCE 2004

Senior Member Senior Member katank's Avatar

The Thracian Bastarnae have 8/14/6 while the merc bastarnae have 7/11/8. This is charge/attack/defense

Both versions have 2 hp. The mercs actually have more balanced stats. However, since they are meant to be flankers/shock troops, the Thracian version is preferable. Combine them with a wall of phalanx pikes to hold the center, you have a killer infantry force.

The Thracians will be great if they had better cavalry. They should probably have access to Barbarian noble cav or Scythian nobles or equivalent. They have a proud equestrian tradition not reflected in the game. They only have slightly better general's cav than greek ones which seems inadequate.

I agree a few pikes mixed with Bastarnea add a few archer (Createns for the ultimate force) A few cav mainly generels and youve got yourself one nice lineup.

"A lamb goes to the slaughter but a man, he knows when to walk away."

Quote Originally Posted by tibilicus
    I agree a few pikes mixed with Bastarnea add a few archer (Createns for the ultimate force) A few cav mainly generels and youve got yourself one nice lineup.
    How about Phalanx Pikemen, Bastarnae, Bastarnae Mercs, Cretan Archers, maybe Militia Cav, General's Bodyguard and don't forget the Falxmen.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast