Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Blue Lotus: Total War

Just your average dragoon Member DragoonXXIV's Avatar

Default Re: Blue Lotus: Total War

Sorry wrong word choice, i meant all the messages and splash screens, basically are you planning to change all the artwork in R:TW?

You know, It amazes me that no one since Hoggy Has made a fantasy mod for R:TW! I thought that the Fantasy genre was a trget audience for the average TW fans!

I know this doesnt want to be labled with 'Fantasy' as it is ased more on Mythology more than Fantasy but I think the two are closely related!

The sheer depth and Creativity someone like Hoggy can bring to a Mod in R:TW is unfathomable!

As far as I can tell there seems limitless boundries to which you can tweek the game that anything is possible!

You can create an entirley new map, you can create new unit animations and designs, you can change the units stats, scenery even weapons! So what are the boundries that tie the R:TW modders to what they can and cannot do?

Can you make flying Units? Now I know I would love to see Dragons!

...So why has no one until Hoggy started developing a Mythological based Mod?

I don't know if anyone is familiar with Games Workshop, but a mod based on their Warhammer fantasy game would be amazing!

Still I have to say congratulations to Hoggy for being the first pioneer into the realm of creating not only the first Mythological based Mod but what looks like the most creative and eargerly anticipated Mod to date!
    (sorry for spelling mistakes im a little ill )
    Do not think...feeeeeeeeeel, it is like a finger pointing up at the moon...DO NOT stare at the finger, or you will miss alllllll the heavenly beauty!
    Bruce Lee, Enter the Dragon

Assistant Mod Mod Member GiantMonkeyMan's Avatar
    plymouth - scrubbing Beirut's toilet with a cat...

there is already loads of fantasy mods... like the lord of the rings tw and men and monsters tw but blue lotus is probably the most successful

There is a Warhammer Fantasy mod. http://www.zodiak-productions.com/

And Flying units probably aren't possible. They'd function no differently to land-bound units despite their model being twenty feet in the air. It would look a bit questionable when swordsman charge a dragon fifty feet at the air, slash at the ground it's flying over, and cause damage to it.

Is that just a guess or are you programmer m aterial yourself?

As for Men and Monsters well I didn't know about that bad boy! still that looks very much so in the making! and will take a good while before it is produced!

So as a fantsy fan are there any other mods that i may be looking forward to ?
    Do not think...feeeeeeeeeel, it is like a finger pointing up at the moon...DO NOT stare at the finger, or you will miss alllllll the heavenly beauty!
    Bruce Lee, Enter the Dragon

Senior Member Senior Member hoggy's Avatar

there is the Wheel of Time mod here at the Org amongst others.

On a seperate issue, just a quick update. Blindfaith is working on the conversion to 1.3/5 as we speak. I'm off for Christmas now til around the 5th of January so no updates for a while. I hope you all have a top Christmas and New Year and thanks to everyone for their continuing support! See you next year

hello to you all! Member Samurai Fanatic's Avatar

Happy holidays!
    1000 warriors is the start of a great empire

How's the conversion process coming along?

What still needs to be done besides the 1.5 porting?
    The Western wind carries with it the scent of triumph...

Ok folks, sorry about the lack of posts. Here's a quick update. Blindfaithnogod is working on the conversion to 1.5, re-integrating maps, units and all the work we've done so far. I've been concentrating on a bunch of small details. Boat models for the strat map, landscape textures, destroyed versions of the battlefield wall models and numerous other small art jobs. Pixelgenie is going to do 2 new Mongol units which are undecided as yet although one will be thunder bombers. Apologies if it's been a bit quiet recently but the work goes on.

Hello guys! I just recently decided to buy RTW mainly because of the great MODs I've seen in this forum. This Blue Lotus is probably the most interesting one for me.

Since I'm pretty new to the game, I'd have to apologize for asking about the status of this MOD, has it been released? Or still under development?

Boy's Guard Senior Member LeftEyeNine's Avatar

Still under development, and if I'm not wrong, the team is on the compilation of the mod together and adaptation of it on version 1.5. You can check the post just above yours. Let me quote :

Ok folks, sorry about the lack of posts. Here's a quick update. Blindfaithnogod is working on the conversion to 1.5, re-integrating maps, units and all the work we've done so far. I've been concentrating on a bunch of small details. Boat models for the strat map, landscape textures, destroyed versions of the battlefield wall models and numerous other small art jobs. Pixelgenie is going to do 2 new Mongol units which are undecided as yet although one will be thunder bombers. Apologies if it's been a bit quiet recently but the work goes on.
    Blue Lotus is the only reason I did not uninstall RTW.. Looking forward to it..
    Last edited by LeftEyeNine; 01-25-2006 at 15:23.

Quick question, how are MODs (particularly Blue Lotus) in RTW usually installed? Can I still play the orig RTW even with the mods in place?

No, you can't play vanilla with a mod installed. But you can just copy the vanilla directory before you install the mod, then you'll have two installs, one modded, one vanilla, and you can play both.

Senior Member Senior Member Duke John's Avatar

Depends on the mod makers. Large mods can be made without touching original R:TW. It will become an expansion like BI that requires a seperate shortcut to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke John
    Depends on the mod makers. Large mods can be made without touching original R:TW. It will become an expansion like BI that requires a seperate shortcut to start.
    Cool! thanks for the info, I hope blue lotus works this way. if not, I really need to get a new hard drive

Hi Hoggy.

Thanks for keeping us updated, its really apreaciated, as is all your hard work you and the team have put into the mod. I think i speak on belave of all BL fans that were getting pretty excited as it seams like your getting close to some sort of release.

I have a question, once BL is done, is there a possibility you might convert it to Medeval 2? The screen shots of ME2 look pretty amazing & the upgraded RTW engine must be pretty powerful, let alone all the new features.

Anyway, thanks again, cant wait for more info.

Mike

At the moment we're doing it as a seperate install i'm afraid folks. We need custom battles for testing and apparently they don't work using the shortcut. We may change this later.

MTW2 does look great, I have to say it is a large part down to the difference in quality of the artwork and the added processing power. At the moment we're just doing RTW and concentrating on a release for that but who knows...

I'd install 5 copies of RTW on my puter if necessary to play your mod. Every day I come to look and see if it is done or if there is a beta out or something like that, is another day I sigh and look off into the distance. Delayed gratification. I only hope that when it is released I won't get too excited and have a heart attack.... Then I'd never get to play.

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by moreb_benhk
    I'd install 5 copies of RTW on my puter if necessary to play your mod. Every day I come to look and see if it is done or if there is a beta out or something like that, is another day I sigh and look off into the distance. Delayed gratification. I only hope that when it is released I won't get too excited and have a heart attack.... Then I'd never get to play.
    I'd do it too. to bad I already have 9 installs: 1 Rtw vanilla 1.2, 1 Rtw vanilla 1.5, 3x Eb (different versions: the OB and two cprevious versions), Chivalry, Rtr6.0,Lotr totalwar, the 4th age total war and SPQR.
    ... hmm that makes 10 ohwell I'll be download ing BL too. One more can't hurt. (Said this about 8 times already but oh well.)

IW Director, MA Mapper Member Ilsamir Lord's Avatar

Can't wait. That is all.

By the way, my mod is fantasy
    VISIT OUR FORUM

An Original Fantasy Concept

EBII Council Senior Member Kull's Avatar

In case you hadn't seen this, a modder named kagemusha has discovered how to place STW assasination movies into the RTW assasination message graphic. Since Blue Lotus has a far eastern theme, you could probably use them "as is". It would be a neat new feature.
    "Numidia Delenda Est!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kull
    In case you hadn't seen this, a modder named kagemusha has discovered how to place STW assasination movies into the RTW assasination message graphic. Since Blue Lotus has a far eastern theme, you could probably use them "as is". It would be a neat new feature.
    Will it also work with 1.5? Cause this is done in BI.

it should work in any version of rome/bi

it is basically replacing the event pic with a similar code to the wonder videos only with the assassination vids instead... it would be cool if hoggy would include them but i don't think ninjas would work well with demons/india

Quote Originally Posted by GiantMonkeyMan
    it should work in any version of rome/bi

it is basically replacing the event pic with a similar code to the wonder videos only with the assassination vids instead... it would be cool if hoggy would include them but i don't think ninjas would work well with demons/india
    but it would be for chines/japanese/Koreans?

the thing is the event pics for each faction are one and the same (correct me if i am wrong)... so it would be for every faction ninjas etc... but i suppose you could make it in EDB that the demons etc can't hire any assasins but that wouldn't be very balenced....

EBII Council Senior Member Kull's Avatar

the thing is the event pics for each faction are one and the same (correct me if i am wrong)... so it would be for every faction ninjas etc... but i suppose you could make it in EDB that the demons etc can't hire any assasins but that wouldn't be very balenced....
    On the other hand, this is a fantasy mod. Which means you could announce that in Blue Lotus all "hit-men" belong to a Clan of Assassins (all ninja) who are available to the highest bidder.
    "Numidia Delenda Est!"

Yes that's the idea. Ninjas are assasins for all factions in BL. They kill for the highest bidder. Not sure if we'll use the ninja movies yet, we'll see if they fit.

i am not worried about using the ninjas.... i love the idea i mean who wouldn't want to be able to hire some super cool assassins?
    but the problem with the movies is that the people who die are all japanese... it might work if you were killing someone from japan, china, korea but that is about it
    besides, i wanna see some of hoggys wonderful art instead

i am not worried about using the ninjas.... i love the idea i mean who wouldn't want to be able to hire some super cool assassins?
    but the problem with the movies is that the people who die are all japanese... it might work if you were killing someone from japan, china, korea but that is about it
    besides, i wanna see some of hoggys wonderful art instead
    can you only have one model for assasins? But you can perhaps use a reskin for the Demons. Something like a dead nija or Zombie ninja r something. And the indian/ Mongol assasin might just be able to work with a different skin. Cause I know you can change those.

Quote Originally Posted by Gertgregoor
    can you only have one model for assasins? But you can perhaps use a reskin for the Demons. Something like a dead nija or Zombie ninja r something. And the indian/ Mongol assasin might just be able to work with a different skin. Cause I know you can change those.

I think you're missing the point here, what they mean is that the people that the ninjas kill in the movies are only japanese people, the models for the ninjas isn't the issue.

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122 LastLast