Thread: Faction Leader Suicide???

Default Faction Leader Suicide???

I got a really strange request from SPQR tonight - that my faction leader commit suicide!!! WTF?

Of course I ignored the Senate Mission, like I've been ignoring most of their insane missions lately.

And since I was building the army that would take Rome, it didn't seem to make any difference. We're now in Rome and SPQR joins the defunct factions.

But, say that I did wish to comply with the Senate mission. How would I instruct the faction leader to commit suicide? Is there a 'destroy' button on the side of general's pages?
    As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
    H. L. Mencken

robotica erotica Member Colovion's Avatar

Default Re: Faction Leader Suicide???

the Senate knows when you get too big and think that weeding out your Family tree will weaken you enough to let them have influence over your faction again.

they probably want you to send him charging alone into some phalanx tips
    robotica erotica

Psychotic Shock Trooper Member Excalibur Bane's Avatar

It occurs automatically. Your faction leader just commits suicide and a new one is assigned to lead. I had a family member commit suicide after I failed a senate mission, quite irritating really. I had to replace the fool at one of my larger cities.
    Founder and eternal member of the UBB
    www.ubb.org

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur Bane
    It occurs automatically. Your faction leader just commits suicide and a new one is assigned to lead...
    You mean had I accepted the 'mission' my leader would have committed suicide w/o further action from me? Ooooh, that's sneaky. I'm glad I told 'em to 'Cheney off'!

Is the appearance of this message always a sign that it's a good time to attack SPQR?
    As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
    H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by R3dD0g
    Is the appearance of this message always a sign that it's a good time to attack SPQR?
    A good time? Not always, but if you reject it, they declare your faction outlawed. That means that both the other factions will join the Senate by declaring war on you. Usually they won't demand this until you are very popular with the plebs and have 30 or so settlements. In my experience the two are usually related.

Either that, or you've been going out of your way to annoy them, like delcaring war on factions the Senate want you to ally with and not doing their missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Morat
    ...Either that, or you've been going out of your way to annoy them, like delcaring war on factions the Senate want you to ally with and not doing their missions.
    Well, I was ignoring their missions. They'd try to get me to send my ships way the crap over to someplace I didn't even have map info for. I'd find the place and see that my closest fleet was like 4 turns away. So, I'd ignore the mission. My popularity on the floor was 1 shield. Their slaves were throwing 'ourdur' ??? at me. But, the plebes loved me, all but 3 shields lit.
    Last edited by R3dD0g; 10-21-2004 at 22:11.
    H. L. Mencken