Thread: Napoleonic Total War 2 (for RTW)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Napoleonic Total War 2 (for RTW)

Greetings all,

We should have posted about this already, so sorry for the delay.

Work has started on NTW2 for RTW. Please if you have any suggestions orr contributions to make drop a note here or visit www.thelordz.co.uk/forum at the forum already there is some screenshots to see of units in testing.

Cheers,

LoM,

The Lordz
    Last edited by Lord De Moray; 12-05-2004 at 10:40.

Default Napoleonic Total War 2 (for RTW)

Hey, i dont remember you but i knew a few of the Lordz from my MTW days! I was [Loyalists]_Vitae back then! Played in quite a number of the online battles with gore and the lads.

As with the American conquest guys, i can lend you a hand texturing or modelling a unit or two! But not on a grand scale since what little free time i have i'll be spending on my second Men and Monsters mod but this time for rtw! However since i do like tinkering with other themes when im relaxing i would be reliable to produce a few high quality skins or models since i could take my time with them.

Good luck with this and if you get stuck i'll gladly offer what i know!

Regards,

Grudgebringer
    [Vigilia pretium libertatis, tempora mutantur, nos et mutamur in illis... quis custodiet ipsos custodes?]

Default Re: Napoleonic Total War 2 (for RTW)

Hi there Lordz,

If I might suggest for your twenty factions (excluding 'Patriots and Rebels) -

French Directory (SENATE)
    Bonaparte Faction/Armee de Italie
    Hoche Faction/French Home Army
    Moreau Faction/Armee du Nord

French Bourbon Royalists
    Britain and Hanoverian Confederacy (Brunswick/Hesse)
    Netherlands and Belgium
    Prussia-Brandenburg
    Austrian Empire
    Imperial Russia
    Kingdom of Naples and the Two Sicilies
    Kingdom of Piedmont-Sardagne (House of Savoy)
    Ottoman Empire
    Duchy of Warswaw
    Kingdom of Sweden
    Kingdom of Denmark
    North Italian City States (Genoa, Lucca, Venezia)
    Kingdom of Spain
    Kingdom of Portugal
    South German States (Baden and Bavaria)
    North African Kingdoms (Mameluks and Barbary States)

just a thought,
    Clare
    "Ad majoram Dei gloriam"

Viceroy of the Indian Empire Member Duke Malcolm's Avatar
    Dùn Dèagh, the People's Republic of Scotland, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.

Depending on how early you start, you could have the Holy Roman Empire.
    It was not theirs to reason why,
    It was not theirs to make reply,
    It was theirs but to do or die.
    -The Charge of the Light Brigade - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

"Wherever this stone shall lie, the King of the Scots shall rule"
    -Prophecy of the Stone of Destiny

"For God, For King and country, For loved ones home and Empire, For the sacred cause of justice, and The freedom of the world, They buried him among the kings because he, Had done good toward God and toward his house."
    -Inscription on the Tomb of the Unknown Warrior

If its as half as good as the last one then this is gonna kick huge amounts of arse

*Digs out Sharpe soundtrack*
    Look what these bastards have done to Wales. They've taken our coal, our water, our steel. They buy our homes and live in them for a fortnight every year. What have they given us? Absolutely nothing. We've been exploited, raped, controlled and punished by the English — and that's who you are playing this afternoon Phil Bennett's pre 1977 Rugby match speech

Austria = The Holy Roman Empire

Default Napoleonic Total War 2

We have started work using the RTW engine to recreate the Napoleonic era,a lot of work has to be done but in the end we hope to deliver again a rock solid product just like NTW for MTW:VI.
    Follow the progress on the Lordz forum at:

http://www.thelordz.co.uk/forum/

Or visit our website at:

http://www.thelordz.co.uk

Lord Zimoa of Flanders

Default Re: Napoleonic Total War 2

The first screenshots:

http://www.thelordz.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2770

Lord Zimoa of Flanders

Ambiguous Member Byzantine Prince's Avatar

Is it me or are those pictures in low resolution. I hope they don't look out of focus in the game.

BTW how do you guys animate the bullets and the smoke?

Creating smoke has already be done by other modders outside the Lordz as well.
    Bullets go to fast,you don't see them fly actually so this will be no problem.
    Onagers and stone balls can be changed into cannons and metall balls.
    All this in time of course.Step by step it is the only way and patience is a virtue...

LZoF

Nec Pluribus Impar Member SwordsMaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Bullets go to fast,you don't see them fly actually so this will be no problem.
    What if you pause the game?
    Managing perceptions goes hand in hand with managing expectations - Masamune

Pie is merely the power of the state intruding into the private lives of the working class. - Beirut

And if you could send over one WITH the lance but cuirassier style get-up (sans cuirass) as described above I could send you back a Chevauxleger-Lancier de Ligne (skin's already done just need the CAS corrected).

Cheers,
    Clare
    "Ad majoram Dei gloriam"

Dear Administration,

We have two running topics about NTW2 could you be so kind to combine them to one.
    My appologies because it was myself who created the second one,i bypassed by accident the topic created by my fellow Lord the honourable Lord of Moray.

Kind Regards,

LZoF

Senior Member Senior Member Duke John's Avatar

The topics have been merged.

Regards,
    Duke John

Thank you DJ.

LZoF

Check this out... look strangely familiar?

http://www.imperialglory.com/

Cheers,
    Clare
    "Ad majoram Dei gloriam"

Default Lord de Moray

Hi there,

Would you mind sending me the CAS for the Cuirassier (if possible minus the red plume on the left of the helmet) so I can fit the Mousquetaire du Roi skin to it :) Actually the MdR is painted on the Barbarian Noble Cavalry CAS so alternatively that model could be modified by changing the lance to a sword, adding a Minerva type helmet and removing the shield (maybe you could roll it up and make it into a big helmet crest so its not wasted) and cropping the tunic front upwards so there's only a short 'skirt' at the rear similar to the cuirassier style.

I can send you the final one as soon as I get the CAS :)

Cheers,
    Clare
    "Ad majoram Dei gloriam"

ok so ive decided ill try and help the rtw mod out
    my skills are such thagt there are two ways to do so

#1 i can write the history and info on the factions

#2 i can skin and mod if someone can send me the tools to do so(i keep trying to download photoshop and all that **** but i have no idea how and it keeps asking for money. if someone sends me the tools i can finish my education on modding and help all u guys out!!!!!!!!!! weeeeeeee ok
    if your gonna kick the tiger in the ***.you had better be prepared to deal with its teeth* Tom clancy

Please anyone who wants to be more involved or think they can add a surplus to the Lordz register and post in the Lordz forum.
    If you think you have good ideas post them at our forum at the Suggestion and Contribution bureau of the Lordz forum.
    We created various subforums at all the major TW fan forums to keep you all informed,but please for detailed questions or requests use the Lordz forum.

http://www.thelordz.co.uk/forum/

LZoF

aka AggonyAdherbal Member Lord Adherbal's Avatar

the next previous will be released on friday, but let me tease you with some random (MP) screenshots in the meantime.

the mod is still sceduled for and end of August release.

opening moves on the "Camden" custom map

bajonet clash

light cannon battery defending the village center

fog and bajonets

big melee in the village center

Member of The Lordz Games Studio:
    A new game development studio focusing on historical RTS games of the sword & musket era
    http://www.thelordzgamesstudio.com

Member of The Lordz Modding Collective:
    Creators of Napoleonic Total War I & II

Considering that today´s Napoleons birthday (363rd at that), wouldn´t that be a marvellous opportunity for some release?

alright, some more screens to celebrate Mr Nappy's birthday then
    this time an open field battle, which focuses more on linear tactics and maneuvering

a russian attack on the french right flank, supported by cavalry

the french grenadiers cannot stand the pressure and rout

additional battalions of french grenadiers are engaged

french carabiniers move to support their right flank, and save their officers from a band of russian cossacks

french carabiniers launch a counterattack and smash through the disorganised russian cavalry

french 12 pounder fire into a russian cavalry unit at point blank range, but fail to rout them

a new russian attack on the the french left routs the carabiniers, and nothing can save the french army anymore
    A new game development studio focusing on historical RTS games of the sword & musket era

Amazing. A worthy birthday present (well, maybe not, after all the French got their butts kicked) indeed.
    Though I´m not much into the Napoleonic era the team has my deepest respect for this awesome work. What unit size is that, by the way? Has to be Huge, from the numbers.

the last battle was fought on Huge. The game is designed for Large size though, other unit sizes will cause imbalances and some other problems.

Hello all!

As you all know, Lord Zimoa of Flanders and some others have moved on to create their own game studio and their own game.

However, we at the Lordz Modding Collective are still hard at work on the next NTW2 expansion, which will bring the armies of Spain to the NTW2 field.

In addition, we have branched into the Single Player world using the Take Command series as our base.

So please do come by our forums

forum.thelordz.co.uk

To see what the latest news is!

S!

Lord Ashram
    Last edited by [GG]Lord Ashram; 03-11-2007 at 16:09.

Hello all!

We know that things have been quiet for a bit, but rest assured more free stuff is on the way from the Lordz Modding Collective!

First off will be another update to NTW2, this time bringing the forces of Spain to the battlefield!

Here is a single WIP shot; more to come!

Also we will be doing some smaller tweaks and some new, more clear unit cards... here is a quick example;

The British:

The French:

Beyond this next expansion more is coming as well, including the armies of Portugal and possibly the might of the Ottoman Empire and the steadfastness of some of the Scandinavianlands!

On the non-Total War front, we have also brought on board the talented Lord Roglea, who has worked tirelessly with the Take Command engine and is creating Take Command: Napoleon! This single player engine is the PERFECT compliment to Total War; where NTW2 focuses on Multi Player, Take Command focuses on Single Player. Where NTW2 focuses on the fast and fierce ways of combat, Take Command: Napoleon focuses on the natural evolution of battle. And where armies are lead by the heroic Generals in NTW2, the entire army structure is simulated in Take Command, from Army and Corps commanders down to the lowliest Brigadier General. We are thrilled to be bringing you a mod outside the usual Total War work we have done over the years, and hope that a great many of you will look into this wargame, the BEST single player wargame that has been made to date!

To whet your appetites, a screenshot or two of some WIP:

FIRST, some Portugese troops...

Next, some British Light Dragoons...

And finally, a French Brigade...

We hope that this wargame will appeal to the hardcore tabletop gamer as well as the player who is looking for the most in-depth, yet intuitive Single Player Napoleonic experience possible!

For more information on ALL of our upcoming projects, please do visit us at

forum.thelordz.co.uk

S!

[GG] Lord Ashram

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

Thanks for the update LA

Default Screenshots added.

Some screenshots of a recent test:

Melee with Portuguese Infantry.

Portuguese cav charge.

Cacadores.

Portuguese officers.

Portuguese line charge French grenadiers.

Militia.

The French charge the Portuguese.

More information ca be found at our forums here: http://forum.thelordz.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=9360

Devoirs The Empress
    "Act well your part, there all the honour lies." -Pope

"England Expects That Every Man Will Do His DUTY" - Nelson via Mr. Pasco at Trafalgar 1805