Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Napoleonic Total War 2 (for RTW)

Default Re: Napoleonic Total War 2 (for RTW)

You are absolutely right, we did not change the textures, but we changed the RTW lightning so the units come out better.
    The original RTW light settings was far to bright.

Cheers,

LZoF

Senior Member Senior Member Duke John's Avatar

Some of the Lordz have the pleasant task of testing the stats in MP games, while others are still modelling and coding... I picked the wrong task, damnit!

aka AggonyAdherbal Member Lord Adherbal's Avatar

pleasant task ? these balance tests are damn hard work :P
    Member of The Lordz Games Studio:
    A new game development studio focusing on historical RTS games of the sword & musket era
    http://www.thelordzgamesstudio.com

Member of The Lordz Modding Collective:
    Creators of Napoleonic Total War I & II
    http://www.thelordz.co.uk

But seeing the units in action must certainly counterbalance the hardship. I am speaking from personal experience.

and download (at least demo :) )

For a little NTW2 teaser video, visit the Lordz forum here:

http://forum.thelordz.co.uk/viewtopi...770&start=1200

As a reminder all is WORK IN PROGRESS.

Cheers,

LZoF

THe teaser looks AWESOME

btw. where can you change the lightining in battles?

Looking great guys!

The Fourth Age: Total War - Map Manager, Editor and Coder

some action packed battle screenshots:

A new game development studio focusing on historical RTS games of the sword & musket era

Thread killer Member Rodion Romanovich's Avatar

Wow! Really great-looking screenies! After seeing these screenies and at the same time having improved my knowledge about this historical period I'm getting more and more excited about this great-looking mod!
    Under construction...

"In countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia and Norway, there is no separation of church and state." - HoreTore

Here some more screens.

Cheers,

LZoF

Assistant Mod Mod Member GiantMonkeyMan's Avatar
    plymouth - scrubbing Beirut's toilet with a cat...

you almost made me have a heart attack with that video Adherbal... this is looking really good Lordz... keep it up

New buildings in the background there? Look nice. Any news on how the AI is handling the change in tactics?
    "The mere statement of fact, though it may excite our interest, is of no benefit to us, but when the knowledge of the cause is added, then the study of history becomes fruitful." -Polybios

We are heavily looking at and working on AI scripts, unit statistics and formations.
    To early to tell where we will be able to take this game, but it already plays very differently and we have a lot of things still to try and test.
    And indeed we are working on custom buildings and battlefield features.

LZoF
    Last edited by Lord Zimoa of Flanders; 03-25-2006 at 21:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zimoa of Flanders
    We are heavily looking at and working on AI scripts, unit statistics and formations.
    To early to tell where we will be able to take this game, but it already plays very differently and we have a lot of things still to try and test.
    And indeed we are working on custom buildings and battlefield features.

LZoF

Well when its done, just post the download site for the mod, I will definately support the Multiplayer feature of this game.

Just a nice fight.

For your most trivial questions first read our new NTW2 FAQ at our own Lordz forum.

http://forum.thelordz.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=78

Cheers,

LZoF

Ah great to see things are still going strong here, good luck on getting the whole thing fnished off, Im getting sick of having to play Imperial Glory to get my Napoleonic fix!

some more screenshots
    the russian general leads the charge, breaking the french line

charge of the gods (aka grenadiers à cheval)

the french have taken the field

french grenadiers trying to hold the cemetery

This mod just keeps getting better and better...
    Thanks to all the team! It's always a pleasure to come over and discover your updates!

"To his dog every man is Napoleon ; hence the constant popularity of dogs." (Aldous Huxley)

I like the new buildings, especially the destroyed models and that windmill. That charge in the first pic looks awesome, but should a horse charge really be able to do that (namely, send guys flying 15 feet in the air and 15-20 feet back). I haven't ever seen a cavalry charge, so maybe they can...but I rather doubt it. Looks great, though. I also like the Russians getting hit at the cemetary. Looking great guys.
    "The mere statement of fact, though it may excite our interest, is of no benefit to us, but when the knowledge of the cause is added, then the study of history becomes fruitful." -Polybios

That is caused by the original fantasy RTW engine, not our doing, and one of the things we will try to kill before the public release.

LZoF

Senior Member Senior Member Duke John's Avatar

Arrow Re: Napoleonic Total War 2 (for RTW)

We are currently looking at the stats again to see wether we can improve gameplay. I have made a little battle report of one test.

Lord Adherbal (French) and me (Russians) picked equal armies:
    1 General, 4 Line infantry, 2 Light Infantry and Cavalry and 2 6 pounders.

My tactic was to start firing at the French with my Lights and artillery while the Line infantry and cavalry were divided evenly among the flanks to quickly adjust to LAd's deployment. Next I would hold with my right flank and envelop the centre with my left flank. Crazy enough it also went that way.

Notice the many features on the map that play a big role in how armies deploy and move. I used the road to move my artillery more quickly and the reverse slopes to save my infantry from the enemy artillery.

Phase 1: Opening moves

Phase 2: Skirmishing

Phase 3: The first French attack

Phase 4: The second French attack and the defeat

I hope you enjoyed it despite not being real screenshots :D

Cheers,
    LFB

German Enthusiast Member Alexanderofmacedon's Avatar

I'm getting ready for this awsome game!

Here a little report of a night battle.

I deploy my men taking advantage of the terrain, here hiding my main reserve my Russian Life Guards in a high corn field next to a mill.

I rush my troops forward to position myself quickly on the higher grounds and find some cover on the reverse slopes as well as repositioning my artillery.

Meanwhile the French enemy already starts pounding my position with his heavier artillery 12-pounders.

On my right flank I was not finished deploying my Russian Jaegers in skirmish yet, or some French Guard Lancers are taking them on in a surprise attack.

Luckily I sort of anticipated this and have hidden two squadrons of Guard Cuirassiers in the woods nearby.
    Here you see them launching their countercharge.

The French are trying to force a big push in the middle of my line and immediately even deploy their best unit the Grenadiers of the Old Guard.

Luckily I managed just on time to deploy some Musketeers on top of a slope and I start firing upon the advancing French.

On my left flank French Guard Chasseurs surprised my only heavy artillery battery and almost whipe it out.

The French keep on coming wave after wave trying to break my fragile center.

I move in my Guard as a reverse just behind my wavering line, in the background French Howitzers set some farm houses on fire.

My guards are protected by the reverse slope but my front line Musketeers is taking a lot of roundshot from the French artillery.

Firing at will at the advancing French, in the back you see I sneaked some cavalry behind his lines, routed the cavalry that protected his batteries and charge headon to silence his guns.

On my left French Grenadiers are skirmishing my line using the cover of a nearby wood.

Because of the continuous fire my units are covered in a thick fog.

A view from the French side, his Legere units skirmishing in front and a batallion of Young Guard calmly marching up the hill.

On the left flank I`m about to crash his Grenadiers in a two angled cavalry assault with some Cossack squadrons.

A French howitzer grenade shell exploded and killed some NCO's and a drummer of my Guards who are preparing for an all out bajonet charge.

They storm off the hill in good order, but get seriously pounded by the French artillery, that I was unable to destroy completely.

It was a bloody massacre and the French have to give up in the end, their Old Guard standing till the last man, covering the retreat of their routing brothers in arms.

They will try another day...or night.

Visit us and register on the Lordz forum and join the only true Napoleonic Total War community.

http://forum.thelordz.co.uk/index.php

Cheers,

LZoF

Assistant Mod Mod Member GiantMonkeyMan's Avatar
    plymouth - scrubbing Beirut's toilet with a cat...

wow! looking good as per usual... so is this converted to BI now then? or is it 1.5
    and i like the title page as well... looking good guys

It is for RTW 1.5, so you do not need BI to play NTW2, of course it will also work on RTW: BI v1.6.

LZoF

German Enthusiast Member Alexanderofmacedon's Avatar

LZoF, I love you.

Excellent work! It truly is a work of art!
    "Duty and honor above all else."

To give you an example of the limitations we encouter with the RTW engine.

Here are some animations we made for the drummer and officer they would look great in the game.

Now as there is a bug in the animation exporter/importer(so gallantly made by Vercingetorix, without we couldn`t make anything really outside textures and text mods, so we as a community owe him a lot!)

If we change movement animations the units in RTW start to act strange in game, so we have the animations but cannot use them. :(

Because of these kind of things we do hope that the next CA game will have tools provided like a good exporter/importer by CA so we can make better quality mods.

Cheers,

LZoF

Nec Pluribus Impar Member SwordsMaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Great animations LZOF!

One thing: I'm not expert (or amateur for that matter) but I think your animations might be using too many frames. They look too smooth compared to the standard RTW ones...
    Managing perceptions goes hand in hand with managing expectations - Masamune

Pie is merely the power of the state intruding into the private lives of the working class. - Beirut

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast