Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest Screenshots

Insanity perhaps is inevitable Member shifty157's Avatar

Default Re: Latest Screenshots

Are the firelances a skirmishing unit or will they be more like roman legions (fire and then charge)?

Also i dont think the phalanx should be included. It is a western military tactic not an eastern one.
    Last edited by shifty157; 03-10-2005 at 22:21.

we will not be using the phalanx formation. i dont think the medievel people of the far east were influenced much by ancient greek warfare. ;)

Blue Lotus Total War
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Byzantium Total War

EB Token Radical Member QwertyMIDX's Avatar

I'd really like it if the Samurai didn't have their swords drawn before combat. Is it possible to give them marching and idle animations that have their swords in the sheath?
    History is for the future not the past. The dead don't read.

Operam et vitam do Europae Barbarorum.

History does not repeat itself. The historians repeat one another. - Max Beerbohm

I know its not finished, but the camp map doesnt look so good. It looks a little bare dont you think, armies will spend most of there traveling time walking in a straight line across flat land. The regions look way to big(I would have at least 2 cities per region that size), and seem to have nothing but flatland and a few sparse trees around them.

There doesnt seem to be a whole lot of anything to navigate around. The pic of the mountain ranges looks cool, but there all together. Making it one big lump to move around, then flatland again. You guys need to study the RTW map a little more I think, In a constuctive way. I know this map is fantasy based, but look at the objects and things in the RTW map.

There are virtually NO points where there is such huge flat spaces to cover. But it seems to be predominant on your campmap. What Im trying to say without being rude is, it looks very boring. VERY boring. Most of what I have seen is just one very easy flat path from one city to the next. Whats the fun in that? It looks like almost all paths to another city can be done in a straight line.

Really though, study areas like gaul, greece, spain and germany as such in RTW and take some pointers. There should be NO straight paths to another citie at all. There no point having one big lump of trees, or one big lump of mountains when all you do is walk around it. The point is to navigate through it. Think Alps, germany.

About his comment on the flatness of the map and it being boring. I have a great topographical map in my social studies classroom but it's not available on the net. One of those big wall maps that roll up. This one i found on the internet is almost as good and give as good sence of the elevation and size of the mountain ranges. Zoom in to get a real good look. One illusion on this map is the size of the mountaions north of the ghobi bordering Russia. Actually bigger than that map implies. You guys also might want to do research on the forestation of asia.

Great map
    http://neptuno.fis.ua.pt/~mma/etc/ma.../asia_1448.gif

Senior Member Senior Member hoggy's Avatar

fair point, hopefully we'll iron out problems with the map in testing. Here are the chinese heavy cavalry Guan Yu cavalry:

I hope that didnt come across wrong, it probably sounded bad. I just have the most fun in RTW in campmap areas like gaul, spain, italy and alps as such. Because there so populated with mountains, rivers, trees its almost a hassle to navigate through, and that why its cool.

Obviously, the armies and models in BLTW are stunning, adding a whole new feel(hanya, wow) to the game. But the campmap is as much a part as anything, and It would be a shame to have brilliant battles, but a boring campmap. Just go a few pages back and look at the current campmap screens. In most cases, the next city is a long walk, across flat unhindered land.

But obviously im still impressed, and what what I love about you an ur mod hoggy. Your always open to suggestion, and your always giving us something new to look at, and keep us interested. Nice work.

yeah ive been thinking some of the same things. we ve been busy on other things. i will definatly revisit the map at some point.

Blue Lotus Total War
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Byzantium Total War

Capitano del Popolo Member saundersag's Avatar

I guess your guan yu cavalry are based on the three kingdoms story, therfore they should be riding red are, a giant red horse so firtsly i reckon it should be red and also make sure that it is bigger than other horses. But brilliant unit otherwise and i look forward to the mod being released.

hey, how come THOSE guys have nice, curved blades?

Wow, this mod is REALLY coming together, it seems that you all have negotiated all the big hurdles for total conversions. I think the map is fine.

Hoggy, are you familiar with animations editing? It seems that Duke John has gotten the two handed spearman animation working, matter of time ere the two handed swordsman is finished. Obvioulsy both would fit nicely into your mod.
    The Western wind carries with it the scent of triumph...

Insanity perhaps is inevitable Member shifty157's Avatar

Yeah i saw that. Pretty cool. Definatly a good idea to see if he'd let you borrow them.

Any news on getting a full time animator?

Errr, as I understand, or hoped, that two handed animation your talking about is simply the same animation falxmen and such use in RTW. its a two handed animation.

Senior Member Senior Member Duke John's Avatar

No, I didn't use the 2handed animation from the falxmen. Those guys walk a bit "wide", as the machos they pretend to be. I edited the spearman animation.

But I have no problems sharing my animations with hoggy, he has done enough for me in the past.

Cheers,
    Rob

so uh... hoggy, don't mean to be a pest (i know i can be sometimes, hehe), but could you give a sample pic showing why you feel that trying to make the swords more curved doesn't pan out too well? the guanyu cavalry you just showed seemed to have nice curved blades...

Cheers DJ, much appreciated. I'm probably going to look at animation at a later date so I'll give you a shout. As you know if there's anything from BL you can use feel free.

It was a while since I was active on these forums. But man! The mod still looks extremly good and seems to proceed well.

It seems like you are done with the Japanese factions and are soon to be done with the Chinese factions. Quess the Demon faction and the Indian faction will be next. And then? Will you and your team release a demo of the mod or will you wait and work the Mongol, Korean, Hanuman ( ), Thai and Monk ready and the release the full package?

AoM: TW Director Member Lonely Soldier's Avatar
    Brisbane, Australia... but hopefully not for too long.

How's it going Hoggy?

I haven't commented in a long time, but the mod is still looking absolutely brilliant!!!!

I have started a mod (at https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...588#post717588 ) which has the aim of making the settlements in Rome more realistic and much larger (where applicable), and thought that it could probably be incorporated into many mods - using that mod's building models - including Blue Lotus, if you so chose.

Pay no heed to me if you are not interested, but do please consider incorporating my mod into your's. Hopefuly, all you would have to do, once your buildings are complete, is to apply them to our mod.

The details (and even the mods very existence) are still in question - largely technical quarms to iron out - but I can see potential for the mod outside the original game.

Yours,
    Lonely Soldier
    Last edited by Lonely Soldier; 03-16-2005 at 07:55.
    THE AGE OF MANKIND
    - Deceased

Kageka - Just finishing the Chinese faction and polishing then the demon and then indian but I think I want to hold on a release til we really have a lot to show if possible. Ideally I'd like all the factions done bar the monks and some of the special units before release. It means waiting longer but I think the enjoyment will be better.

Lonely Soldier - Looks good. I'll bear it in mind when we're doing the city models.

I'm not going to get much free time this weekend as a good friend is coming to visit from Canada so in the meantime here is some work inprogress on the chinese officer unit:

Can we make him less cross-eyed? Heh.

(and by "we" I mean "you" :) )

Heh, excellent. Hoggy, you should hold back release till youve really got a solid number of things to show and factions completed. And remember to back-up your stuff too!

Very sweet... can't wait for this mod

can't wait til the finished product,...since im already addicted to coming to this thread everyday to look at the screenshots

Probably Drunk Member Reverend Joe's Avatar

I'm about to ask the most annoying question possible- brace yourself Hoggy...

When will the mod be done? Do you have any idea? Even a rough estimate, like 3-5 months?

Probably Drunk Member Reverend Joe's Avatar

I just realised I posted in the wrong forum. Sorry.

can you lemme see what looks so bad when trying to make the blades more curved? sorry to keep pestering ya

WHO CARES MAN!!! get over it, they look fine. I wouldnt respond to you either, you sound like a frickin twat!

As if he is going to remodel the sword, take a screen post it, model it back, then save it, just for you. stop spamming the thread with this crap, what are you 5 yrs old?

meat wad: basically the best answer to that is we have no idea when it will be done. there is still alot to do. and there are only 3 of us actively working on this right now. so please show some patience.

tai4ji2x:as for the curve of the blades. i trust that if hoggy says it looks best the way it is, he is probably right. modeling is not an easy art. and hoggy does seem to know what he is doing.

and please calm down guys.
    Last edited by blindfaithnogod; 03-19-2005 at 05:09.

Blue Lotus Total War
    Byzantium Total War

Seii Taishōgun 征夷大将軍 Member PROMETHEUS's Avatar

Hi fantastic work so far , but one question , in all mods so far I always see screens of units and campaign maps , but never of city views , did u alter also the buildings types or they will keep staying cathaginians romans or so on?Since from what I heard noone yet has been able to implement them....

Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.

VIS ET HONOR

Quote Originally Posted by Combine Soldier
    WHO CARES MAN!!! get over it, they look fine. I wouldnt respond to you either, you sound like a frickin twat!

As if he is going to remodel the sword, take a screen post it, model it back, then save it, just for you. stop spamming the thread with this crap, what are you 5 yrs old?
    i'm rubber, you're glue.... blah blah blah. who's 5 now? @sshole.

Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast