Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Army Lists

Senior Member Senior Member hoggy's Avatar

Default Re: Army Lists

... and new India cavalry concepts above too.

Those Kamikaze fellows remind me of Kikuchiyo from The Seven Samurai.

seeing how u have Guan Yu Cavalry, why not also have Lu Bu Heavy Infantry, as Lu Bu was probably the finest warrior of his time (3 kingdoms period).

.. and a new concept for Chinese officers/standard bearers etc in post 2

FuriousMental - yep that's who the kamikaze are based on. Just a shame i can't capture the intensity.

dark_shadow - The Guan Yu cavalry were added to replace the war chariot but the chinese are are full up for infantry at the moment. Maybe Lu Bu can appear as a mercenary unit later.

I think you captured it well- had you not, I wouldn't have caught on to the resemblance!

The mongol, korean, monk and rebel armylists have been updated at the top of this thread.

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

looking great tough
    No mangudai for the mongol faction? And will the priests get a "magic" unit?

Just your average dragoon Member DragoonXXIV's Avatar

Overall looks good, but a few suggestions.
    Firstly don't make the mongol elite calvary archers be mercs, when the mongols were used as merc they usually were used as shock troops not in thier traditional fashion. In this vein i think that the mongols should also have another lesser calvary, a type of light calvary composed of younger men trying to prove themselves, this than would be the unit available as mercs.
    Also i think that the Koreans should have a mystic or a bare handed martial-artist unit to help balance the faction out and make it more unique.
    Other than that, great stuff, i'd love to see your concept art, which by the way is excellent, for these new factions.

EDIT: Sorry, just remembered. The Koreans were quite fond of the No-dachi after it was introduced to them by the japanese invasion. Just an idea.
    Last edited by DragoonXXIV; 04-15-2005 at 19:43.

cheers guys.

Note: updated demon army list with concepts for demon officers/standard bearer etc.

Insanity perhaps is inevitable Member shifty157's Avatar

That is decidedly NOT something i would want to see following me down the street late at night.

Or at all for that matter.

Just a question but what kind off special units will Japan the mongol faction and korea get. While China has leopards, buffalo chariot, camels, fire lancer chariots. India has Elephants and chariots. Demons have lots of special units but Japan, Mongols and korea? not one at this moment!

The mongols should have some form of primitive gunpowder explosive. Expensive, inaccurate, with low ammo, but deadly. Perhaps something like the thunder bombers from STW:MI. They were basically just slingers with explosives. You could just use the head hurler animation.

Last edited by shifty157; 04-28-2005 at 22:12.

thx for the awnser shifty!
    And those explosive slingers would really be cool!

I'm afraid the mongols are what I'm calling a mini faction (as are korea) ie a faction with fewer units. This is a limitation due to lack of time. Hopefully in future the Mongol faction could be expanded, other units might include wolf handlers and shamans but it depends on time really. Some top unit ideas though.

Quote Originally Posted by hoggy
    I'm afraid the mongols are what I'm calling a mini faction (as are korea) ie a faction with fewer units. This is a limitation due to lack of time. Hopefully in future the Mongol faction could be expanded, other units might include wolf handlers and shamans but it depends on time really. Some top unit ideas though.
    that's really a shame, cause I'd loved to see even more crazy units but this is still going to be supermod!

i really forgot how terrible the graphics of the explosions were in stw...
    i think keeping them as a mini faction for now is the best idea, as they aren't a vital part to the playability of the game and it would take too long to add them completely to the game.
    {LORE}
    "It is not the well-being of individuals that makes cities great, but the well-being of the community"- Niccolò Machiavelli.

Seii Taishōgun 征夷大将軍 Member PROMETHEUS's Avatar

I like those concept art drawins , who is the author of them?
    Btw The mod looks really amazing , but I am asking myself where comes from all this ideas or informations of units ? is it based on what , imagination or legend? and the supposed timeframe what should it be?

Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.

VIS ET HONOR

Hoggy makes the concepts. The demon units are based on cultural legend however they are not confined to it. There is no specific timeframe for the other factions and their units. Again they are historically based but they are not confined by our history. This is a fantasy mod with flavorings of far eastern culture and history.

I hope I answered that to Hoggy's satisfaction.
    Last edited by shifty157; 05-02-2005 at 21:27.

Could be your God Member Abokasee's Avatar

Mongals Should Have Lots Of Cavalry They Focused On Cavalry In Their Armys They Were In Massed Numbers Too!
    Now with transparent layers!

Lost on the Internet? Go back to start.

Wink Re: Army Lists

Hey.

I was googling for a samurai mod for RTW, and came across this mod. It looks fantastic! I can't wait to get a working version. From the screenshots, it looks like it'll be great.

By the way, are the concept drawings originals?

- Kuro

Abokasee - I agree but in TW a faction only able to build cavalry will never win battles. People would simply field spearmen and archers against the mongols. As it is the Mongol cavalry will be cheap and plentiful but they have the ability to create infantry too.

Kurogane - glad you like the mod. the drawings are originals and are done to help me work out what the units will look like and for the unit cards.

I liked these characters.

"Winner of the 1st "Shamble's Total War Tournament,
    with 0 losses to his name.
    Hunkin Elvis
    "

-Shambles

Cheers Hunkinelvis, I hope you don't mind I moved these here:

There used to be a pond at the front of this temple.

and these from HunkinElvis too, excellent reference cheers:

Generals or Admirals

Hwarang Cavalry (Silla, 5th century)

Hwacha (Chosun, 16th century)

A slight change to the indian army list. I can't remember who mentioned it but the gurkhas are been dropped in favour of Chakra throwers

they look cool but can't you have both :( :(
    btw: Nice concept draw

I was the guy that requested Chakra Throwers, are you taking into consideration the "Manthra" ability that I mentioned also?

Quote Originally Posted by Jenns
    As I mentioned the following is based around my old notes and ideas for an Asian wargame I never got around to developing further. Its quite bulky and probably goes back over a lot of stuff you already have but feel free to borrow any parts that take your fancy (and pay no heed to the rest).

To begin, you’ve laid out several factions already but apart from the main regions individual branches, if any, still seem to be a bit up in the air. As such I’ll put forward my own suggestions for possible choices. The names given for the various regions below are their original names (as close as I can figure) and seem appropriate for a mythic pseudo-historical setting. Each region would have its basic unit available to all factions within that area and then special units available only to individual factions.

The various factions should ideally have some unit cohesion in terms of look and prowess, i.e. the various units should look good when brought together as well as by themselves and the army should have a particular focus in terms of gameplay, strong and weak points that distinguish it slightly from the others. So far there are 12 factions (I know pay no heed) I myself would consider worthwhile for current or future consideration, they and the possible character of their troops are as follows.

1) Western Shogunate (Progressive cultured Samurai army) - Very Disciplined, best spearmen
    2) Eastern Shogunate (Old-fashioned, spirit worshipping Samurai) - Very Heavy Infantry
    3) The Clan of the Bear (Civilised Korean human kingdom) - Best Archers
    4) The Clan of the Tiger (Chaotic Korean spirit kingdom) - Almost entirely non-human
    5) The Court of the Sun (Southern Chinese Empire) - Balanced Army, slightly stronger
    6) The Court of the Moon (Northern Chinese Empire) - Balanced Army, slightly lighter & faster
    7) The Jade Kingdom (Lord of the Spirit World) - Unbreakable troops
    8) Dai Jiao - "the Evil Cult" (A sect of decadent anarchists) - Largest mobs of troops
    9) The Barbarian Horde (Allied tribes on the Empires border) - Fastest Cavalry
    10) The Sarvabhauma (Semi-Arabic Indian kingdom) - Mix of Light cavalry and Infantry
    11) The Ekarat (Far Eastern Indian Kingdom) - Very heavy Cavalry
    12) The Islands of Mist (Warrior-Monks) - Best close combat but small in number
    That's very cool. Those are some excellent sounding names. "Court of the Sun", "Court of the Moon"..."The Evil Cult".

It's great to see that so many people still have vivid imaginations..

And I sure wish Hoggy would combine his great graphic skills and vivid imagination with a lot of Jenn's superb concepts. They're very poetically allusive...

Kurogane - glad you like the mod. the drawings are originals and are done to help me work out what the units will look like and for the unit cards.
    Hoggy, I'm an artist myself, and I have to say, as amazing as your talents as a modeller are in 3D Max, your effortless freedom with pen and ink are amazing. In particular I'm envious of your horses. I swear, CA should hire you to redo all their horses, if nothing else...
    Last edited by Ferocious_Imbecile; 05-31-2005 at 10:54.

Last edited by Kageka; 06-02-2005 at 14:39.

excellent stuff Kageka, cheers

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast