thereby allowing an aztec and american indian faction), rome's not as

powerful, as atlantis is powerful, carthage has more power, troy

survives (greek/asiatic culture), macedon rules all of greece (no greek

faction), the huns (mongol-ish faction) have a foothold in eastern europe,

the germans and woads rule germany and briton respectively, the franks have

superseded the gauls, vikings develop early and are moving south, the

nubians(zulu, central african culture) have superseded the numidians (these

become a minor, rebel faction), and the japanese/chinese have expanded

west, a large fleet having landed south of egypt/arabia. Also, maybe india (in

asia) expands west, controls what were parthian lands?

And because this is myhtical, we could have some mythical units, such as

myrmidons, etc..

cheers, dark_shadow89

Default Re: Atlantis: Total War

EDIT: The greek factions could be left in, but as a number of city states (athens, sparta and corinth?)

Hmm...interesting concept.

Surely, though, an Atlantis Mod would have to be set earlier in time ?

Rather than in an age of 'History' it would need to sit before recorded history. You could set the 'Atlantean Council' as the Senate, and have the Roman factions replaced by three 'Atlantean Noble Houses'. These could, quite easily, struggle for power later on and attempt to overthrow the council and dominate the land of Atlantis.

Now....Atlantean troops should be high quality, but expensive to raise and train. The rest of the world should be at an 'early civilisation' period.

Bronze would be a scarce and valuable resource. Civilisatons should be largely primitive, except for teh Middle East. Ur, Egypt, and a few others. European 'barbaric' tribes would be armed with copper or stone axes and spears. Cheaper, but more numerous.

The world would start out with no real level of civilisation apart from the 'old' civilisations. Ur, Elam, Hittites, Egypt....early 'pictish' and Germanic barbarians, with some extra slighty 'histoirc-ish' proto-european factions.

Hey...this could really work!

Game would end with a huge earthquake/volcano event that sinks Atlantis. You could even back that up with a prophecy that Atlantis will fall at 'XXXX' date, and that there is a need to 'spread' Atlantean culture to preserve it's heritage.

Classic....

I WANT TO DO THIS :D
    Careless Orc Costs Lives!

I think that some factions should be fairly civilized.

Asians, Middle East, Some Europeans.

Other then Atlantis, I think the Egyptians, Chinese, Japanese *Chinese colony?* Carthage, Greeks, and a growing Rome should be the civilized factions.

Also, I have scripted 3 units. I just need some new skins and a way to decompress/compress them... which I really cant do...
    BLOOD FOR BLOOD!
    DEATH FOR DEATH!

Smelo tovarishchi v' nogu!

I like Bush...

ok, so anyone interested in helping should post what they intend to help with (modelling, texturing, text work, mapping, research, etc..).

cheers, dark_shadow89

oh, and about the dates, imagine that Atlantis DIDN"T sink, therefore by the time of the Romans, etc, they could teoretically have existed (because they didint die out).

Quote Originally Posted by Bwian
    Hmm...interesting concept.

Surely, though, an Atlantis Mod would have to be set earlier in time ?

Rather than in an age of 'History' it would need to sit before recorded history. You could set the 'Atlantean Council' as the Senate, and have the Roman factions replaced by three 'Atlantean Noble Houses'. These could, quite easily, struggle for power later on and attempt to overthrow the council and dominate the land of Atlantis.

Now....Atlantean troops should be high quality, but expensive to raise and train. The rest of the world should be at an 'early civilisation' period.

Bronze would be a scarce and valuable resource. Civilisatons should be largely primitive, except for teh Middle East. Ur, Egypt, and a few others. European 'barbaric' tribes would be armed with copper or stone axes and spears. Cheaper, but more numerous.

The world would start out with no real level of civilisation apart from the 'old' civilisations. Ur, Elam, Hittites, Egypt....early 'pictish' and Germanic barbarians, with some extra slighty 'histoirc-ish' proto-european factions.

Hey...this could really work!

Game would end with a huge earthquake/volcano event that sinks Atlantis. You could even back that up with a prophecy that Atlantis will fall at 'XXXX' date, and that there is a need to 'spread' Atlantean culture to preserve it's heritage.

Classic....

I WANT TO DO THIS :D
    Yeah...Early Roman soldiers, not as professional, a crumbling greek empire, troy flexing its muscles...and a chinese colony staking its claim (maybe the anti-Atlantis, as the Chinese were at that time very advanced).

cheers, dark_shadow89

Roman armys should have like:

Histati

Princapies

Triarii

Roman Cavelry

Roman Archers

and thats about it... Maby some other stuf to give them a wider selection range...
    BLOOD FOR BLOOD!
    DEATH FOR DEATH!

I like Bush...

many people who believe atlantis was real, aslo believe in the Rama empire and the Osirian empire were real. These three empires were enemies and eneded up destroying eachother.

#Rama empire was the Indian Atlantis. I don't know to much about the legends, but supposedly the were very advanced and even had nukes.....

*osirian empire was really said to be a collection of city-states that lived in the medditereanean basin.(supposedly at the time of atlantis before the ice age ended the mediteranean(pardon spelling) sea was a basin and there was a very advanced culture that lived there. The athenian osirians and the eygption osirians(built the pyramids) were the main enemies of atlantis.(remember pluto said atlantis was at war with athens and eygpt at the same time.) When war broke out all the other Osirian people fleed, but the athenians were able to be victorious.

Though these peoples don't have to many substantial evidence, the Osirian peoples for example from what i have read seem a lot more plausable than atlantis so i believe that they would fit well for this mod.

Sorry if this post is confusing i tried to shorten the info as much as i could.

IF you want to know any more info on these or other comparable "lost civilizations" i could try to help as this is a large interest to me.

Sorry for double post.(cant edit)

I can see it now...

*GHASP* "Sir! They brought there HEAVY BOMBERS!"

"So? We have NUKES!"

NO NUKES!
    BLOOD FOR BLOOD!
    DEATH FOR DEATH!

I like Bush...

I realize that there shouln't be nukes or any advaned technology.

I was just trying to say that these legendary cultures fit in with in atlantis and would be nice addtions to this mod. On just about every site i have seen that tries to prove atlantis these cultures and others usually appear. The osirians could be an eygption type country. And Rama would fit in for parthia, since they were said to be in India.

Kanto Kanrei Member Marshal Murat's Avatar

I say we have

Atlantis: Greek Roman
    Valhalla: German Gaul British mix of cultures with vikings
    Troy: Greek Macedonian Selucid
    Rama: Parthian Scythian Armenian
    Osirian: Egypt and Carthage

I sort of want a RTW version of AoM
    I think it would be nice, having Anubis and his troops attacking Fenror and his brethren with a good stock of Forest Guardians (Druids??)
    "Nietzsche is dead" - God

"I agree, although I support China I support anyone discovering things for Science and humanity." - lenin96

Re: Pursuit of happiness
    Have you just been dumped?

I ask because it's usually something like that which causes outbursts like this, needless to say I dissagree completely.

how about an anglo-celtic faction, and a viking/germanic faction?
    also, anyone know of any chinese/japanese/mongolian/eastern european ones? Maybe a mythical rome or carthage or something?

You all decide. I will go with every one ells comes up with.
    BLOOD FOR BLOOD!
    DEATH FOR DEATH!

I like Bush...

Kanto Kanrei Member Marshal Murat's Avatar

Maybe for a Celtic faction Avalon and Valhalla for the Germanic/Viking mix.

Personally I don't really like Rama, I was thinking along the lines of Babylonian/Mesepotamian myths, maybe have it called Ur, or another city of such name (Babylon may suffice)
    "Nietzsche is dead" - God

"I agree, although I support China I support anyone discovering things for Science and humanity." - lenin96

Re: Pursuit of happiness
    Have you just been dumped?

I ask because it's usually something like that which causes outbursts like this, needless to say I dissagree completely.

Could we have the Eaturnal city for the Russians?

*inside joke*
    BLOOD FOR BLOOD!
    DEATH FOR DEATH!

I like Bush...

viking and celt faction are a must have.
    also, Dark_Shadow if you have any update on the map, pm me...
    Native America TW - Skinner and Modellers, JOIN NOW!