Thread: Warhammer 40k Mod

Default Warhammer 40k Mod

Hi

I started this mod after doing a quick Lord of the Rings interface screenshot which I quite enjoyed doing. I got to thinking that a warhammer mod may be pretty good and I had Dawn of War on my computer. So starts my Warhammer mod

Intro:
    Create personal interfaces/Units/Buildings/Upgrades for Eldar, Orc, SpaceMarine and Chaos Marines

Features
    Let me say right of the bat that I'm not planning on doing the 3d element to the mod.

Now thats said I will be focusing on the campaign element of the game (which is to me the most interesting bit) I enjoy building my armys and cities. I always click on automatically resolve battle.

I will be creating a different interface for each faction.

Each faction will have there own unit cards and unit descriptions.

Units will generally be smaller but more powerful, except the orcs which are like the barbarians large armys and like to charge in.

I plan on using close combat unit fighting not guns. The only exception to this will be snipper units who will be long range small but powerful archer units.

News
    The eldar interface is finished and ready for critism or preferably praise
    Click Here

I'm currently working on the Eldar Units.
    Bonesinger: Basically a peasant unit
    Ranger: Long range sniper unit, good at hiding
    Seer Council: Close range medium strength combat unit
    Guardian: The Eldar version of Town Watch
    Wraithlord: Very strong unit, I guess the equvilent would be elephants
    Farseer: Elite combat unit

I'm not sure how this mod will be received or even if it will be wanted. So if you have any comments good or bad please leave them here.

Micky

Default Re: Warhammer 40k Mod

Just a quick update.

INFO
    I've finished the eldar units to what I think is appropriate. I've used the information from already made units and just adjusted them to be more suitable, this way they will be balanced and the automatical resolve battle will calculate correctly.

Bonesinger: Uses roman peasant info
    Guardian: Uses Roman City Militia (town watch)
    Rangers: Uses roman archer base information. Changes are slightly higher atk damage and more ammo.
    Howling Banshee: Uses roman samnite gladiator. Changes are now in a square formation, better moral
    Dark Reaper: Uses persian elite archer. Changes are, fewer men, greater range, more ammo and higher damage.
    Warp Spider: Uses roman legionary cohort. Changes are, fewer men, form up in rows of 2 with a bigger space inbetween the rows, Longer missile range, uses grenades (boulders) instead of spears
    Wraithlord: Uses Oliphant info. Changes are, animals don't run amok when was the last time your saw a Wraithlord running amok in Dawn of war?
    Seer Council: Uses Praetorian Cavalry
    Farseer: Uses Praetorian Cohort. Changes are uses grenades like warp spider except with greater damage, units form up into 2 rows

Was thinking about adding in a few tanks for the artiliry units but still undicided on this.

All unit info and cards are finished so I'll be starting on the building next.

Micky

are you actually going to make it where you can play the battles with new units?
    I like the idea of warhammer 40k , because I like the campaign Idea..I liked final liberation but not the way it point matched you in battles.
    That is DOW main problem no campaign mode.

Hi frans, my main objective is to get the 4 factions working with new interfaces, new units and new buildings.

You will of course be able to play the battles and the units will act like I want them to, i.e the warp spiders do actually throw granades. They won't look like warhammer units you'll have to use your imagination for that :).

Like I said before to me the best bit is building cities and armys and letting the computer deal with battles. I find most of the battles tedious and repetative.

Micky

I would suggest fixing in all races in the Wh40k universe, or at least not the same four races in DoW. Would be more different and fun to play then :-)

(and I think you actually should add in guns)
    Wheel of Time mod forum
    Wheel of Time mod website
    Member of the Wheel of Time mod

EB Token Radical Member QwertyMIDX's Avatar

Why not do more secondary/primary weapon stuff with guns and close combat weapons...that's closer to the actual game.

Also, why aren't you adding all the other races as factions? Tyranids(who would be amazing fun....wahaha), Dark Eldar, Necrons and Tau are all pretty kick ass too. Will you have Space Marines and the Imperial Guard (plus Sisters of Battle and the other Imperial mini-armies) combined into an Imperium of Man Faction?

How could you not want to see this thing?

not to mention these things:
    Last edited by QwertyMIDX; 02-16-2005 at 09:41.
    History is for the future not the past. The dead don't read.

Operam et vitam do Europae Barbarorum.

History does not repeat itself. The historians repeat one another. - Max Beerbohm

Crusading historian Member cegorach's Avatar

I hate Tau, they look so childish...
    Their optimistic ideology is so silly and doesn't suit this dark and doomed universe..

Anyway an interesting idea for a RTW engine mod. Still the engine isn't as flexible as it should. Besides, I love grav tanks, oh my lovely Falcons..

Sounding the Seventh Trumpet Member Xiahou Liao's Avatar

Why don't you just make a Warhammer mod? Warhammer 40k is pretty lame in the long run, using projectile weapons and shiznit. Warhammer is more suited for mod.
    " I don't believe in fairy tales and no one wants to go to hell, you've made the wrong decision and it's easy to see. Now if you wanna serve above or be a king below with us you're welcome to the city where your future is set forever. "

The Beast and the Harlot,
    Avenged Sevenfold

EB Token Radical Member QwertyMIDX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cegorach1
    I hate Tau, they look so childish...
    Their optimistic ideology is so silly and doesn't suit this dark and doomed universe..
    Haha, I don't like them either, although their ideology is more like crazed religious fundamentalist than optimist...'For the Greater Good, I will kill you and all who don't agree with me!' Sound familiar?
    History is for the future not the past. The dead don't read.

Operam et vitam do Europae Barbarorum.

History does not repeat itself. The historians repeat one another. - Max Beerbohm

Quote Originally Posted by Xiahou Liao
    Why don't you just make a Warhammer mod? Warhammer 40k is pretty lame in the long run, using projectile weapons and shiznit. Warhammer is more suited for mod.
    There is such. Testing stage currently...

Quote Originally Posted by QwertyMIDX
    Haha, I don't like them either, although their ideology is more like crazed religious fundamentalist than optimist...'For the Greater Good, I will kill you and all who don't agree with me!' Sound familiar?

Rather Soviet Union to me... But it is badly described, looks too much... optimistic and even possible to implement - see Kroot...

Quote Originally Posted by Xiahou Liao
    I would love to see that made, of course the chances of seeing my giant rats rampaging acros the empire may be too much to ask...

Someone is/was already doing one I believe.

they were asking for 'beta testers' over at Strat-commander. I haven't seen anything since, though, and the screenshots they have only show a couple of units built so far.

Don't know how things are progressing now though.
    Careless Orc Costs Lives!