Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Conservative Club II

Very Senior Member Gawain of Orkeny's Avatar

Default Conservative Club II

Well since our old club seems to have been destroyed I felt its time to open its replacement. To bad our Sgt at arms is banned, maybe for life, from witnessing this event. You all know the rules, infered only. Rush Limbaugh has stocked us with some of his best cigars, theres a shooting range out back now complete with skeet. We have an 18 hole golf course and a driving range. Of course the bar is fully stocked and I have hired the Juggies from the Man Show as waitresses. There is also a Ruths Crisp Steakhouse on the premisis I hope you all like the new place.

I know this thread already exists but I believe you can close the other one.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Membership List
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gawain of Orkeny ______President
    Devastating Dave______Sgt at Arms
    Pindar_______________ Master of the Horse
    Redleg
    Crazed Rabbit
    TuffStuffMcGruff
    Xiahou
    Alexander the Pretty Good
    Don Corleone
    PanzerJager
    Tuetonic Knight
    Kaiser of Arabia
    Templar Knight
    Azi Tohak
    Proletariat
    Radier
    strike for the south

Last edited by Gawain of Orkeny; 07-31-2005 at 21:08.
    Fighting for Truth , Justice and the American way

Default Re: Conservative Club II

golf, cigars and waitresses, can I join?
    Last edited by Templar Knight; 02-16-2005 at 20:24. Reason: just for fun

Are you a conservative?

hell yes!

Rout Meister Member KyodaiSteeleye's Avatar
    Potton, near Sandy, the centre of the unknown universe

I'm a conservative!

KyodaiSpan, KyodaiSteeleye, PFJ_Span, Bohemund. Learn to recognise psychopaths

Maybe you should pull your pants back up and look for a handout elsewhere

Rout Meister Member KyodaiSteeleye's Avatar
    Potton, near Sandy, the centre of the unknown universe

KyodaiSpan, KyodaiSteeleye, PFJ_Span, Bohemund. Learn to recognise psychopaths

Member Member Alexander the Pretty Good's Avatar

Aahhh. Such a spacious modicum of relaxment from which I and my conservative brethren may lay the political smackdown. So cry "Four more years" and let slip... something. Couldn't think of a good recreational item that could be "let slip." Hell, put those burgers on the barbie and break out the rifles! We're going skeet shooting! On the golf course!

so am I in or not?

Jillian & Allison's Daddy Senior Member Don Corleone's Avatar

Brief questionare on very, very important grounds for membership...

-Whisky or whiskey? Which?

-Favorite cigar? How many do you intend to bring to the first member's meeting for us to partake of?

-Jennifer Anniston or Angelina Jolie?

-What's your handicap?

All that political rambling is just a cover, this is really a country club, with the Juggies (from the manshow) for waitresses.

By the way, I'm just messin around... Gawain's membership chair.
    "A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man."
    Don Vito Corleone: The Godfather, Part 1.

"Then wait for them and swear to God in heaven that if they spew that bull to you or your family again you will cave there heads in with a sledgehammer"
    Strike for the South

The very model of a modern Moderator Xiahou's Avatar

While this may hardly be a topic for deep though-provoking discussion, I've been wanting to get something off my chest....

I think Sean Hannity is an idiot- there, I said it.
    [rant]When I first got FoxNews, I thought he was interesting and I occassionally watched his show. When he got the 3-6pm slot on my local AM radio, I thought great- beats the local lib we used to have. But, after listening to him on and off for what's probably been a year, I realize I just can't stomach the man. He seems to only be able to stick to pre-defined talking point during a discussion and if he's knocked off script all he seems capable of responding with is something intellectually equivalent to "well you're a big doody-head!"

I will acknowledge that he (or maybe his staffers) dig up some juicy news bits from time to time and that he's involved in some worthwhile charities, but outside of that- what good is he? I know there are many more intellectually engaging people out there to listen to- especially on radio. [/rant]

So, any conservative commentators you can't stand or love dearly?

Quote Originally Posted by Teutonic Knight
    so am I in or not?
    As I've said in a different thread, by looking at their platform, the UK conservatives seem to be pretty reasonable people- certainly when compared to the liberals.
    So, you've got my vote.
    Last edited by Xiahou; 02-16-2005 at 23:53.
    "Don't believe everything you read online."
    -Abraham Lincoln

I heard this is the conservationist club. Can I join, I am a very keen and ardent conservationist. Damn those people who would walk all over the earth with thier polluting smiles and bollox arguments!
    GARCIN: I "dreamt," you say. It was no dream. When I chose the hardest path, I made my choice deliberately. A man is what he wills himself to be.
    INEZ: Prove it. Prove it was no dream. It's what one does, and nothing else, that shows the stuff one's made of.
    GARCIN: I died too soon. I wasn't allowed time to - to do my deeds.
    INEZ: One always dies too soon - or too late. And yet one's whole life is complete at that moment, with a line drawn neatly under it, ready for the summing up. You are - your life, and nothing else.

Jean Paul Sartre - No Exit 1944

*awkward pause*

[to partying conservatives]: Should we tell him?

I think Sean Hannity is an idiot- there, I said it.
    [rant]When I first got FoxNews, I thought he was interesting and I occassionally watched his show. When he got the 3-6pm slot on my local AM radio, I thought great- beats the local lib we used to have. But, after listening to him on and off for what's probably been a year, I realize I just can't stomach the man. He seems to only be able to stick to pre-defined talking point during a discussion and if he's knocked off script all he seems capable of responding with is something intellectually equivalent to "well you're a big doody-head!"

I will acknowledge that he (or maybe his staffers) dig up some juicy news bits from time to time and that he's involved in some worthwhile charities, but outside of that- what good is he? I know there are many more intellectually engaging people out there to listen to- especially on radio. [/rant]
    I used to listen to him after Rush but he always says the same things. Always uses that trick of quoting a democrat like it was Bush and making another liberal look stupid. You would think they would hae caught on by now. Now i tune into O Reily when hes on. I catually think Colmes is more entertaining on TV. At least hes real funny sometimes. That being said Hannity is a very powerful force on the conservatives side. I wouldnt toss him out

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I heard this is the conservationist club. Can I join, I am a very keen and ardent conservationist. Damn those people who would walk all over the earth with thier polluting smiles and bollox arguments!
    Read the title of the thread. Repeat as necessary until a certain realization dawns upon you.

If you still want in, you'll have to bring us 10 newly felled trees to prove your loyalty. You will also have to drive an SUV and buy everything at Walmart. Of course, you'll still be the busboy for thinking this was a conservationist club.

Though, I do agree about people walking over the earth being fools. It's much better to drive a big ole gas guzzling bemehoth, crushing the small, delicate plants, and shooting the furry woodland creatures as they scatter in fear.

Crazed Rabbit
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

Though, I do agree about people walking over the earth being fools. It's much better to drive a big ole gas guzzling bemehoth, crushing the small, delicate plants, and shooting the furry woodland creatures as they scatter in fear.
    I'll drink to that!

Quote Originally Posted by Gawain of Orkeny
    I used to listen to him after Rush but he always says the same things. Always uses that trick of quoting a democrat like it was Bush and making another liberal look stupid. You would think they would hae caught on by now. Now i tune into O Reily when hes on. I catually think Colmes is more entertaining on TV. At least hes real funny sometimes. That being said Hannity is a very powerful force on the conservatives side. I wouldnt toss him out
    Yes, this is all pretty much true- I just think there are many people out there capable of more intelligent debate than him (Michael Medved comes to mind), I guess they don't have the charisma (or TV Show?) to attract enough publicity to themselves. I also think that Hannity appeals to people on more of an emotional level than others, which is probably another reason I don't care for him- I usually don't find emotional arguments appealing.
    In case anyone's interested... www.michaelmedved.com I mention him, because while driving to/from customers I occasionally pass thru areas that air him instead of Hannity and he seems much more intelligent from what I've heard.
    Last edited by Xiahou; 02-17-2005 at 01:51.
    -Abraham Lincoln

I think hannity is trying to form a good public image and avoid the stigmas attached to people like Savage and even Limbaugh.. sure i like them but they have stigmas.

Hannity is a good person to point out to new conservatives, his arguments are pretty simple and talking-point oriented, but powerful.

Now if you want to get in-depth, others are more appropriate, but Hannity serves an important purpose in helping our younger brethren sort out basic conservative ideology.

Hey who your favorite conservative radio talk show hosts?

I thibk Rush rules. Medved is very good. I also love Glenn Beck . Laura Ingram is my favorite female one. I think mext to Rush though I like Mark Levine. He really cracks me up.

I'd say Rush is my favorite as well- that guy can really think on his feet. I occasionally get to listen to Ingram and she's usually pretty good too. Savage is what O'Reilly would call a 'bomb thrower'- I listen occassionally for entertainment value, but I don't put much stock in him.

As to O'Reilly himself- I have to agree with some of his critics... He does seem very arrogant and quite full of himself. I also think he takes some silly positions just so he can prove to everyone that he's a 'moderate' or 'traditionalist' or whatever the hell he's calling himself. Having said that though, the man does have his moments and he seems to have alot of influence right now. And its fun to watch him really grill libs who can't back up their arguments.
    -Abraham Lincoln

. And its fun to watch him really grill libs who can't back up their arguments.
    Yeah whe it comes to getting peeps to stay on topic and answer the questions hes the best. I hate hoe he always rtalks in the third person. And always saying we like everyone who works with or listens to him agrees with him. What does he have, a mouse in hispocket? Or is the just the effect of Edie on him? She really spices up the show. Theres another libertarian host i cant think of at the monent whos great and no its not lional though I do love his voice. I talked on his show once. Wouldnt you know my cell phone died just as I was about to sink him We were arguing over seperation of church and state.

Just thought of the other guy. Neal Boortz.
    Last edited by Gawain of Orkeny; 02-17-2005 at 02:38.

Senior Member Senior Member Demon of Light's Avatar
    San Diego, California, United States of America, North America, Western Hemisphere, Terra, Sol Planetary System, Milky Way Galaxy

What happened to the first Conservative Club?
    The surest way to lose the respect of one's peers is to take a stand on principle...alone.

Some liberal burned it down. "looks in Jags direction"

Jillian & Allison's Daddy Senior Member Don Corleone's Avatar

Does anyone else get Neil (Neal?) Borscht? He's on our FM talk station oppossite Rush (AM). I'd have to say, Laura Ingram, in terms of sheer entertainment value, WAS my favorite. Lately, she's tried to get 'cool' by including movies & music and I just don't see the point. I will say, when she had the "The Call of the Dean-key" YEAAARRGGGHHHH!!!! I couldn't stop laughing.

I don't like Rush as much as I used to because 1) he seems obsessed with the word "orgasm" lately and 2) sometimes he takes a partonrizing tone. I guess my favorite right now, probably cause he's new and different, is Neil Borscht.
    "A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man."
    Don Vito Corleone: The Godfather, Part 1.

"Then wait for them and swear to God in heaven that if they spew that bull to you or your family again you will cave there heads in with a sledgehammer"
    Strike for the South

Does anyone else get Neil (Neal?) He's on our FM talk station oppossite Rush (AM).
    Borscht? Isnt that some kind of Polish dish?

You two can learn to read and spell Check above.

From my previous post

Just thought of the other guy. Neal Boortz.
    He rocks

I dont get a chance to listen to much talk radio... i have really enjoyed Rush the times i have gotten to hear him. The commercials are killer though, at least around here!

On a new topic should the republicans change the rules of conress and eliminate the super majority rule if the democrats continue to block and filibuster Bushes judicial nominations.

I kind of favor the "nuclear option". At least partly because its the closest we'll come to actually using nuclear weapons, and even better because its towards Democrats!

I have some slight vague uneasiness about, though. I mean, IF we lose the Senate then we can't fillibuster. But then again, I don't think our side will ever sink to that level of girly-manliness. I hope.

Though I think it would be priceless for a Republican senator to fillibuster by reading the Bible in its entirety. Watch the liberals rage. Priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander the Pretty Good
    Though I think it would be priceless for a Republican senator to fillibuster by reading the Bible in its entirety. Watch the liberals rage. Priceless.
    *Reminds self to write letter to senator reccomending reading of "Fahrenheit 911" during fillibuster*

I say we make a deal...you guys get rid of the fillibuster, and we out all the Republicans who are gay. Of course nothing would happen to their careers since gays aren't treated any different by Americans as PJ pointed out in another thread.

Conspicuously Inconspicuous Member makkyo's Avatar

how can a prove my conservitiveness? Need I go hunting for you guys?
    "And one should bear in mind that there is nothing more difficult to execute, nor more dubious of success, nor more dangerous to administer than to introduce a new order to things; for he who introduces it has all those who profit from the old order as his enemies; and he has only lukewarm allies in all those who might profit from the new. This lukewarmness partly stems from fear of their adversaries, who have the law on their side, and partly from the skepticism of men, who do not truly believe in new things unless they have personal experience in them."
    ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Quote Originally Posted by makkyo
    how can a prove my conservitiveness? Need I go hunting for you guys?
    Are you willing to have a large portion of your taxes go to helping some poor bums in Iraq but against welfare in the United States?

Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast