Thread: Zulu Mod!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The Lion Prince Member Sundjata Keita's Avatar

Default Zulu Mod!!!

Zulu Total War

The Zulu mod is already in production

It will go from the rise of Shaka at the start of the 1800's to the zulu's downfall about 1870. The exact dates are still undecided.

The map will be of South Africa and Zululand but the historical battles will probably be in other areas of Africa as well.

The team so far is me doing the modelling and Dclare doing the campaign map. Any help of course is always welcome and we will probably be co-operating with the africa colonization mod with some things.

Here is the first unit, the main zulu warrior infantry (impis)

The factions will include as many of the native tribes as possible as well as the Boers and British. The Zulus will be the senate and the tribes they encompassed will be the roman factions. The tech trees will be altered massively so that the zulus have an advantage in number of men but not in skill. The mod will be as realistic to the time as possible without making the game boring. Later on the Zulus will get riflemen as they did in real life by stealing the weapons of dead British soldiers.

Post here if you want to join the team, make a contibution or give any historical information or pm me.

Default Re: Zulu Mod!!!

im pretty sure my mod is officially dead since im the only person doing work on it, so i guess i can join i know how to edit texts and im trying to learn about how to make a map. we also might be ableto alter the old forums for my mod to be used for this one.

1800's to 1870's...bit of a short time span don't you think?

Thats a shame about the colonization as it would of been a really great mod. If you could get the forums for this one that would be great as there are a lot of things that need discussing including game balance, the map, buildings, dates, historical battles, traits, the family trees etc.

It's good that you can edit texts as that is one of my weakpoints. I think Dclare is handling the map but I'm sure help would be much appreciated. One of the things we are getting sorted now is where the various tribes will go. Here is a quick map I did a while ago. It is very rough and I know who went in some of the question mark regions now.

@dark_shadow89

Turns will probably be months - I think some other mods are doing this aren't they - any news on the scripting problems people were having before of making turns into months

the forums are completely editable and after i talk to sir ireland i will change them, he is a historian and would like to learn how to skin so he might be able to help.

Excellent!

Some screenshots of the warwickshire regiment on foot coming soon.

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

I've been waiting for this. Good stuff