Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Zulu Mod!!!

Default Re: Zulu Mod!!!

we have a new forum in the "major mod" section of the TWC, a link will be posted in this post later.

stichmaster1

The Lion Prince Member Sundjata Keita's Avatar

Yeah I will update my sig in a sec. Here is the link

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/index.php?showforum=71

always a step ahead sundjata ;-) i will resume creating shields in the coming week and have not been able to produce any due to my computer being in the shop, just incase you were wondering.

No problem, I have been working on the mealie bag walls. I can get them in game and I have replaced the animations but there must be something I am missing because they still have the firing animation (ballista crew pulling lever down) instead of the archer animation. Just got to find that one and make some other adjustments

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

Keep us posted... (screenshots hint hing...)

I am going to post some screens of the walls once I manage to get archers firing behind them. I have replaced the animation but now they just stand there.

Here are some line infantry in game. It's a a bit of a naf screenshot because I did it quickly but the unit is good.

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

I don't know about png format, but you might want to post as a jpg for us modem users...

I still think you should make the pouch 3d

Probably should have mentioned that these pictures are meant to be demonstrating the new helmet and that the textures for the line infantrys' body are not done yet. Later I will dim the textures down a bit and post some more screens. Maybee I'll even make the puch 3D

Hey! Nice model there Sundjata! I'll fix it up with the brass spike and front ornament ;-) I'm looking around for pics to fix up a 17th Lancer and 1st Kings Dragoon Guards model - both are generally the same but one has a sword (sabre) the other a lance - but in Hand to Hand it should shift to the sabre as well... (though it's going to be weird when they 'magically' get back all their lances after the battle I guess!)

Harlechman (Clare)
    "Ad majoram Dei gloriam"

It doesn't matter if it looks odd because swapping from primary to secondary weapon always looks odd.

BTW That is your 516th post dclare4, how ironic (go to our forums if you don't understand)

OK here is the 1860's British Auxilliaries Sergeant. It's a work in progress.

-The textures for the boots needs to be done
    -A new face will be made hopefully (or at least copied and pasted)
    -Texture for the bag will be done
    -Small adjustments to collar and sleeves etc.

Here is the 1860's British Auxilliaries Officer. Again it is a work in progress but I would still like to hear people's opinions.

Nice... I like it. How do you plan to get the gun working though? When you do our mod may need the information or files neccesary if you were willing to lend a little hand...

Also, the officer would historically carry a rapier and a pistol.

Godspetmonkey has already got rifles/muskets working and we will use this as the basis to our own weapons. Currently we are still researching this.

As I said the models are still works in progress and smaller details such as the pistols will be done later if it does not mean there will be too many polygons.

Here is the British 1860's Regimental Sergeant Major.

Man oh man!! Sundjata those are a treat. Don't worry about the faces and stuff ;-) I'll try working those so they are nice and varied. I've got lots of textures and stuff so I'll polish off the model textures. One comment though, could the RSM (Regt Sergeant Major) be a bit more - muscular? Really macho broadshouldered and intimidating hehehe scare the wits out of the new 'cruitys.

What can I say... it's... beauty beyond words!

Cheers,
    Clare (Harlechman)

P.S.
    Haha! Wow my 516th post! Yeah I know ;-)
    "Ad majoram Dei gloriam"

Thanks, I will send you the models and textures if you want, then you can do the collars, sleeves and stuff. My textures are just copys and pastes from your textures. Anyway if I carry on at this rate (3 a day) this mod will be completed pretty quickly.

Simulation Monkey Member The_Mark's Avatar

Sundjata, how does the Bull horn work?

I can't seem to get it to work at the moment, all I get is the line formation, I put it just after the first formation in the text file. Does it need to be the first formation in the list? I had all the units you said I would need. I will have another go now and see

No it doesn't need to be the first one. Are you sure you had all the units? The unit types are the same as seen in battle map, when you hover your mouse above a unit.

I checked the required units, you should use these: 2-4 light(/heavy) inf and 2 heavy inf for the main body, (plus 2 missile units, not necessary), 2 heavy inf + 2 light(/heavy) inf per horn, that is 4 heavy + 4 light(/heavy) inf for both horns.
    That is 8 light + 6 heavy.. I said 12/4 (all inf/min heavy inf) didn't I? Sorry, I seem to have miscounted them.. My bad. Use 14/6. Disregard what I said above.
    Last edited by The_Mark; 03-25-2005 at 15:49.

I played around with the text file and now it crashes. Oops. I have got a backup copy though so some pics of the formation coming soon. Thanks for all your help The_Mark

Still can't get it to work properly, unless this is what it's meant to be

Does it work on yours? If so can you post some screens of it please.

No, it shouldn't be like that.

This is what it should look like:

With 6 heavy inf and 8 light inf.

/EDIT actually, it shouldn't be like that; there should be one more heavy inf in the other horn.. General's unit should be assigned as the rest of the inf..
    Last edited by The_Mark; 03-26-2005 at 00:24.

OK can you make the chest area more into a column, ie. go longer back. Otherwise this is great.

Unit sizes cause some distortation in formations, that is on large settings, on smaller sizes they will be more "columnised" (all of them), and on larger settings more streched out. That is, without setting the maximum width in the formation file

Is this better?

This is on large, on huge the center will be twice as deep and the horns twice as wide, although I can fix their width also.

That is exellent! A few minor adjustments need to be made to the horns. They need to be a tad further forward away from the chest so that when the computer uses it and mobilises all its troops at once like it does then the horns will stay infront of the main body of troops.

Once again, thanks for your time and help. I am going to post these pictures in our forums now.

Here is the Dragoon Guard Sergeant. Eventually he will have a bag like the British Auxilliaries and a pouch on his belt. Also he will get boots, collar and a different face like most of the other units are waiting to get

I dont like these few years of history, but I LOVE the idea of this mod. It'll be good. I'd chip in myself but I'm tied up in WWI:TW. But when its out, I'll give this a DL.

Thanks The_ferret, the more support the better.
    Here are the British 1860's Auxilliary soldiers, they are the last out of the 1860's british lot. Look Myrddraal I even made the puch 3D

Horns a tad forward, I also set limits to the width of the horns, they won't widen from that, even on huge. I sent the new code to your PM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast