Thread: Faction family members... historical or random?

Probably Drunk Member Reverend Joe's Avatar

Default Faction family members... historical or random?

I have a question for the relevant experts in EB:

Is it possible to force the creation of historical family members in factions? I ask because I love to play as carthage (love crushing the legions) but I have yet to see Hannibal, not to mention the younger Hadsrubal, or Mago, or most of the Lion's brood for that matter. Is it possible for them to be set to be born at certain times, or is it completely random?

Default Re: Faction family members... historical or random?

We can set the families up to be as historical as possible for the start date, but from that point on we can only give their faction the set of names that most closely represent what their faction used. Sorry to disappoint in that respect. I have not been involved with Carthaginian family creation though (but I have with many greekish factions), so I can't even answer anything particular there.

Gentis Daciae Member Cronos Impera's Avatar

Angry Re: Faction family members... historical or random?

Quote Originally Posted by Teleklos Archelaou
    We can set the families up to be as historical as possible for the start date, but from that point on we can only give their faction the set of names that most closely represent what their faction used. Sorry to disappoint in that respect. I have not been involved with Carthaginian family creation though (but I have with many greekish factions), so I can't even answer anything particular there.
    Maybe the player should be given the possibility to customize the faction family names to their desire by:creating an index for _strat files,so that a player could modify the character's names or createing an in-game menu for this purpose.Also bribed general's look in the battle map should corespond to his original culture. Have you ever seen a roman general wearing greek armour in battle
    Last edited by Cronos Impera; 03-25-2005 at 16:04. Reason: Aesthetics
    " If you don't want me, I want you! Alexandru Lapusneanul"
    "They are a stupid mob, but neverless they are a mob! Alexandru Lapusneanul"

Wandering Historian Member eadingas's Avatar
    Llanfairpwll- gwyngyll- gogerych- wyrndrobwll- llantysilio- gogogoch

Default Re: Faction family members... historical or random?

The player is free to customize faction names, all he has to do is edit the txt files ;)
    I'm still not here