Thread: Problems with re-installing the 1.2patch HELP!!!!!

Exclamation Problems with re-installing the 1.2patch HELP!!!!!

I recently uninstalled TW on my system to re-install a clean version of the game. However, what do I find, I can't reinstall the 1.2 patch.
    According to the program. I have already installed the 1.2 patch.

When I open the program, it is still the 1.1 version.
    I have downloaded the 1.2 patch twice and still the same result.

If anyone at all could please help, it would be well appreciated.
    "And when your return to your homes, tell your people that you left your general fighting in Boetia" Cornelius Sulla to a wavering line.

"It is easy to dismiss war as a simple bloody affair, nevertheless, none can deny that the greatest genious that man has possesed has always been in the pursuit of the simple, bloody affair", Klausewitz

Barbarian of the north Member Magraev's Avatar

Default Re: Problems with re-installing the 1.2patch HELP!!!!!

There is a file that needs to be deleted - can't remember the name, but it was mentioned in the readme I think.

The best solution might be to 1) uninstall, 2) delete the directory completely, 3) reinstall and then 4) apply patch.

I'm guessing you didn't do 2) above the last time?

EDIT: Well I'm red ind the face, see:

Follow the threads below to get the info needed, and ignore my feeble advice.
    Last edited by Magraev; 03-18-2005 at 08:55.
    Nope - no sig what so ever.

Read this https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=43962 and maybe this https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=43162. I think all possible solutions are named in these two threads. And good luck with trying to reinstall, it took me 8 hours.
    Wheel down, wheel down to southward! Oh, Gooverooska, go!
    And tell the Deep-Sea Viceroys the story of our woe;
    Ere, empty as the shark's egg the tempest flings ashore,
    The Beaches of Lukannon shall know their sons no more!

Rudyard Kipling, Lukannon

I had to use the zip format patch, because even completely deleting my RTW directory, wiping all references to RTW or CA from the registry and deleting the RomeTW.ini from my system directory the executable patch still insisted it was already installed.
    Fear nothing except in the certainty that you are your enemy's begetter and its only hope of healing. For everything that does evil is in pain.
    -The Maestro Sartori, Imajica by Clive Barker

Thank you all so much for your replies, you guys have not idea how much you have really helped me.
    "And when your return to your homes, tell your people that you left your general fighting in Boetia" Cornelius Sulla to a wavering line.

"It is easy to dismiss war as a simple bloody affair, nevertheless, none can deny that the greatest genious that man has possesed has always been in the pursuit of the simple, bloody affair", Klausewitz