Thread: Crash into battle

Default Crash into battle

Hi.

I've installed HTW then the Patch onto MTW-VI 2.01.

I'm playing Sparta. All ok in the campaign map. When I attempt to fight a battle by taking command personally, the game crashes.

I have played the same battle automatically and it worked (I lost, but it worked.)

Cheers,

Freelancer

Default Re: Crash into battle

Thats in Bronze Age campaign I gess. It happens also with me, and till now no suport for this.
    CHIEF DESIGNER

Hellenic Total War

I've recently successfully installed HTW onto my computer (after stumbling across news of this mod in these forums, and having my appetite for mod-play thoroughly whetted by the XL mod) and I love the potential in front of me...yet as this thread (started about a month ago, I guess?) indicates, my own game crashes when moving into the Battle Mode. Have I/we done something wrong in our installation? Are there files to be removed before the Battle Mode for HTW will work? The campaign mode looks and acts great, and the new faction variety is fascinating, but I am even more eager to command these new troops personally and see what surprises await on the battle-field... Help, please! Thanks!

Ahhhh... After looking again, maybe I wasn't specific enough. The CTDs occurred for me, yes, in Bronze Age, and while battling rebel troops as Athenians (has happened a handful of times). I'll go try some non-Bronze Age battle with some other faction...

Okay, checked a little more closely and...in Early Bronze Age I seem unable to command battles personally without a CTD, but in Geometric Age (the only other period I've checked) everything is working fine. Great fun! I'll check the other ages for this same thing, though will have a hard time pulling myself away from my now ongoing Spartan conquest of the Aegean...

The other work fine only the BA has the problem as it was never finished.

LZoF

10-4. This remains a GREAT mod! Thanks to you, Lord Zimoa, for the great work. I don't know what it is exactly, but after taking on the entirety of medieval Europe and the Middle East, taking on a small portion of that world (as in Viking Invasion or of course HTW) is somehow even more satisfying. At any rate, still exploring and getting to know this new world of conquest, but it's a ton of fun already, and I am mightily impressed by the new factions and troop varieties... I like especially the faction varieties in each age. Can't wait to try out the Persians...then the Athenians in direct contrast, etc., etc.! (And all this while I'm still exploring the XL mod, which I recently began playing...) Thanks much for your great effort: sure appreciate the commitment! Keep it up!

I have similar problem. If I try to play custom game in HTW, the game crashes after I choose forces and click on begin button. The same If I try to play Historical battle or Campaign (for HTW). I chose Geometric. For historical Campaign I tried Persian Wars and historical battle Thermopylae. The game CTD every time.

It is weird, because campaign works without problems, including battles.

The problem lies in the patch. Without it ,the historical games work.

If thats so then the self install BA patch is useless.The reason for downloading it is to battle.No point unless we can battle with the beautifully designed units.What a shame!!!!
    You should advise this as a warning,or indeed remove the patch and try to fix it.
    Ave ImperatorMorituri Te Salutant

Last edited by Lord Zimoa of Flanders; 07-22-2005 at 08:24.