Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Discussion and Announcements

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Discussion and Announcements

Extended Greek Mod

This mod aims to give the Greek factions the same sort of depth that the Roman factions have in vanilla RTW. It adds many new units to the Greek factions, new character traits, changes the way that some buildings work, and much more. I have tried to stay close to the "look and feel" of vanilla total war, so this mod should appeal to people who like vanilla RTW but who want to play a more developed version of the Greek factions.

You can take a look at the readme here.
    You can download it here.

Designed for RTW 1.5 and RTW:BI 1.6. It uses the -mod switch so it does not make any changes to your data directory. The mod includes SignifierOne's animation pack, Archer's Skymod, AnistasioTheGreat's Spartans, and ngr's Mundus Magnus map as an option.

Screenshots

01. 02. 03.
    04. 05. 06.
    07. 08. 09.

01. Macedonian Hypaspists hold the line against Pontic War Elephants
    02. Krypteia carry out a night raid.
    03. Pikeline (nice shot of Archer's Sky)
    04. Greek army advancing.
    05. Waiting for the enemy assault.
    06. Carthaginian Sacred Band
    07. Carthaginian Sacred Band clash with Spartan Royal Guard
    08. Fleet pickets the mouth of the Adriatic
    09. Sacred Band using shield wall.
    10. Hypaspists at the gates of Carthage
    Last edited by DimeBagHo; 06-07-2013 at 07:39. Reason: Updating links.

Blue Eyed Samurai Senior Member Wishazu's Avatar

Default Re: Extended Greek Mod (Now V2.0)

the greeks are my favourite sp faction so i might check it out. you havnt touched any of the other factions then?

also i think i heard about a mod that was called Hellenic Total War or something like that. i think it was set in the period a few hundred years before rtw, where you just play as 1 of a number of greek cities battling for supremacy. does anyone know about this mod or whether its even for rtw?
    "Wishazu does his usual hero thing and slices all the zombies to death, wiping out yet another horde." - Askthepizzaguy, Resident Evil: Dark Falls

"Move not unless you see an advantage; use not your troops unless there is something to be gained; fight not unless the position is critical"
    Sun Tzu the Art of War

Blue eyes for our samurai
    Red blood for his sword
    Your ronin days are over
    For your home is now the Org
    By Gregoshi

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

HTW is in the hosted mods section, and it is for MTW.

Wishazu - there are a couple of "big" mods for RTW in progress that deal with the Greeks in earlier periods (three if you count the Troy mod). One is "Age of Hellas" - set in the Peloponesian War period. The other is "The Successors - Total War" - set, obviously, just after the death of Alexander. I haven't been keeping up with AoH but TS-TW looks like it will be great. It's also hosted at Draksen.net if you want to take a look.

The XGM mods all of the Greek factions, although most of the focus so far has been on the Greek City States and Macedon. It's a small mod - but its one big advantage is that you can play it now

damn now if this mod was for the patch and helped the weather be more realisitic then it would be perfect

steve - which patch? MGM and XGM are both designed for use with the official 1.2 patch.

I haven't changed the weather settings yet, but that sounds like a good idea. You will probably see it in the nest version.

Hail DimeBagHo. I installed the Mundus Magna mod and your XGM mod as you suggest and everything seems to work OK. The problems are confusing me. The Corinthian Hyspaspists are not coming out of Corinth but from Sparta. The Spartan Hoplites don't come out at all. And finally the non-mercenary Rhodian Slingers and non-mercenary Cretan Archers don't come out at all also from Rhodes and from Cydonia. What might be the problem?

I forgot to tell you that I'm playing with the Greek Cities.
    And I forgot also to congratulate you for the awesome new greek units you entered in the greatest (strategy) game ever.

Default Re: Extended Greek Mod (Now V2.1.2)

eldal - Did you run the XGM-MM installer in the extras folder? The steps for making MM work with XGM go like this:

1. Install RTW
    2. Install the official 1.2 patch.
    3. Install MM
    4. Install XGM
    5. Run the XGM-MM installer from the extras folder.

If you skip a step, or get them in the wrong order, then weird things will happen.

I did all the steps as you said but unfortunately the problem remain. If I put only the XGM then everything is OK. But if I put the MM first (with the propper way) then start the weird things. Does anyone else have the same problems or only me? Apart from that the new units are fantastic. I have one disagreement though. Why did you stop the production of Spartan Hoplites at Syracouses since this city was for ages colony of Spartan people. I undestand the discipline was not as good as it was at Sparta but anyway Spartans were their ancestors. And finally if you need some help with greek names or words I will be happy to help.

Syrcuse was a Corinthian colony and, although it had some ancient cultural connections with the Spartans, they never had the Spartan system of laws and training that produced Spartan hoplites. In fact Syracuse was democratic for much of it's history, making it more like Athens in many ways.

Default Re: Extended Greek Mod

thanks for the mod. its great.

i was wondering if there is a way i can decrease the years to make spartans?

also how does the subfaction work?

thanks again for the great work!

Last edited by sixer19; 04-25-2006 at 05:35.

sixer19: Check the readme - there are instructions for reducing the recruitment time for the Spartan Royal Guard. But keep in mind that you are not really supposed to have more than one unit - it's better to wait and recruit Spartan Phalangites.

The GCS start out with leaders for each of the main Greek Cities. That's about all there is to the sub-factions. It's up to you whether you play them independently or not.

thats cool, i will just use the one.

lets say i wanted to be just sparta and not the gcs. how would i go about doing that?

Remove the other cities from Greek Cites, by going into descr_strat

Question Re: Extended Greek Mod

Quote Originally Posted by kburkert
    Remove the other cities from Greek Cites, by going into descr_strat
    Ok, but once I do that will the other cities be allies or will they just be independent rebel cities?

Quote Originally Posted by DimeBagHo
    Designed for RTW 1.5 and RTW:BI 1.6. It uses the -mod switch so it does not make any changes to your data directory.
    Wow - I never noticed this before.

Downloading now....

You won't regret it ;-)
    The best is yet to come.
    ZX MiniMod: Where MTW meets AOE
    https://www.wmwiki.com/hosted/ZxMod.exe
    Now on beta 3 with playable golden horde!

Is it possible to use the 4tpy mod with XGM? If so, where could I find it,and how would I get it implemented?

Thx in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Davey
    Is it possible to use the 4tpy mod with XGM? If so, where could I find it,and how would I get it implemented?

Thx in advance!
    Unfortunately there is no easy way to combine the two.

XGM version 4.1.24 is now available for download.

You can get it here.
    You can see the readme here.

The major changes are:

XGM Version 4.1.24

-Added new victory conditions for most factions
    -Added "Force Diplomacy" script

XGM Version 4.1.23

-Added script to spawn garrisons when rebel faction replaces parent faction

Force Diplomacy: This allows you to force any faction to accept any diplomatic offer you make to them. You can access this by clicking on the help button on the diplomacy scroll (the questionmark in the top right corner) and then clicking on the "show me how" button when the advisor comes up.

This option is included so that you can correct for certain weaknesses in the AI. Here are some suggestions for how this option can be used to make the game more realistic and more interesting:

(1) The AI doesn't know when it's beaten. You can use this option to force a faction to accept a ceasefire or protectorate status when they have been beaten down to the point where you could crush them easily. My own house rule is that I can use this option when a faction has been reduced to three regions, I have their capital under siege, and I have enough forces available to crush them easily within a few turns.

(2) The AI often doesn't know a good deal when it sees one. You can use this option to force the AI to accept an offer that is clearly to their advantage.

(3) The AI won't keep an alliance, even with a reliable ally, and even when breaking the alliance would be foolish. If you want to role play a lasting alliance, you can use this option to keep the AI from staring wars that don't make any sense.

If you do use this option it is a good idea to come up with sensible house rules, at the start of your campaign, that govern how and when you can use it. Your game will be a lot less fun if you use this option as a cheat to make the game easier.

Excellent. I am for sure going to download this. I liked the version I had earlier, I forget which version.

Version 1.25 is available at www.wmwiki.com/hosted/xgm

Simplified faction objectives are available at www.wmwiki.com/hosted/xgm/xgmwinconditions.zip
    The best is yet to come.
    ZX MiniMod: Where MTW meets AOE
    https://www.wmwiki.com/hosted/ZxMod.exe
    Now on beta 3 with playable golden horde!

Heey everyone

I have a question, when i install xmg 5.1.1 with every file i get a message cannot install this file, push abuse...etc.
    What do i have to do?

abuse=abort

REX POLONIAE Moderator KLAssurbanipal's Avatar

for Extended Greek Mod:

Greek Cavarly:

Late Spartan Hoplite:

Last edited by KLAssurbanipal; 05-21-2007 at 10:41.

XGM version 5.2.0 is now available for download.

You can get it here.

The major changes are:

-Cut five regions from the interior of Africa
    -Added two regions to the coast of Africa
    -Libya Deserta (most of the African Interior) now uncapturable
    -Revised starting position for Carthage
    -Improved North African Trade
    -Reduced farming levels in Iberia
    -Removed Carthaginian Levy Phalangites
    -Added Poeni Marines to Carthage
    -Added AOR Numidian Infantry
    -Converted Carthaginian Militia to Phalanx unit

Because of the map changes this one won't work with older saved games.

First I'd like to say WOW great mod to everyone envolved. Now to my issue. Im having trouble putting armys onto ships after they've already made one voyage at sea. Mainly the Lesbos island and that other one beside Athens that the name of escapes me. Im sure its not just me having this issue is there anything i can do to try and fix it myself.

this mod is very well done. keep up the good work!

XGM version 5.5.13 is now available for download.

You can get it here.

The major changes are:

-Added Heavy Spearmen to Gauls, and Germans
    -Added AOR Galatian Heavy Spearmen
    -Split Barbarian AORs into Celtic, Germanic, and Galatian
    -Reduced income for Scythia and Parthia
    -Improved autocalc performance for horse archers
    -Revised starting temples
    -Added Buddhist temples
    -Added 4th level temples for Barbarian factions
    -Added 5th level temples for all Eastern factions
    -All temple types now have five levels
    -Minor bug fixes

This should work with saved games back to version 5.5.0.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast