Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussion and Announcements

Default Extended Greek Mod V2.2

eldal - It should still work with Mundus Magnus, with the XGM-MM installer.

ian_of_smeg16 - No, XGM and RTR modify many of the same files so they will over-write eachother.

Intru - If TWC takes too long to get organized I will arrange for another host. But I think I will give it another day or two before I do that.

Default Re: Extended Greek Mod (Now V2.0)

Agh i guess i could wait for one more day, but just remember this i will kill you for this!!!!
    Partido Popular Democratico, embrutesiendo a Puerto Rico desde el 1951

Default Extended Greek Mod Version 2.2

You can get the new version of XGM here: http://www.dimebagho.tk/

The main change from 2.1.2 are:
    1. New Spartan skins and models from AnastasioTheGreat.
    2. Athenian Marine Archers added (maybe with a new skin from meh_cd).
    3. New Victory conditions for the Greek factions.
    4. Hypaspists will have much heavier armour.

The new victory conditions are:
    Greek Cities - Spread Greek culture: Fifty provinces + capture the four corners of the known world.
    Macedon - Restore Alexander's Empire: Fifty provinces + capture Sparta, Alexandria, Antioch, and Susa.
    Seleucids - A Great Empire Will Fall: Fifty provinces + capture the four Roman capitals.
    Thrace - Black Sea Empire: Fifty provinces + capture every province on the Black Sea.

I have made a few other tweaks and changes including:
    -A bunch of new bug fixes for vanilla bugs.
    -Romans get Triarii sooner.
    -Early cohorts are eliminated, and Late Cohorts show up sooner.
    -Sarmatian Mercenaries have much heavier armour so they are now one of the best heavy cavalry units.
    -Minimum date for Marius reforms moved forward to 220 BC.
    -A surprise bonus for liberating a certain former Greek colony.

The new victory conditions and the "surprise bonus" are really trial runs for a missions system. If they work out OK, and people like them then I will make more for later versions.
    Edit/Delete Message

Default Re: Extended Greek Mod Version 2.2

Is the old saved games from the 2.1.2 version going to be playable with the new one? I'm asking because I'm bored of doing the procedure again and if it doesn't work again and again and again...

Default Re: Extended Greek Mod Version 2.2

Can I install the new version without uninstalling the old or I'll have problems?

Quote Originally Posted by eldal
    Can I install the new version without uninstalling the old or I'll have problems?
    It should work OK. If you reinstall RTW some time what you should do is make a copy of the data directory and call it something like data_clean. Then when you want to uninstall a mod, or use a different mod, you can just delete or rename your data directory, and make a new one from the clean copy. That way you don't have to keep reinstalling the game each time.

Quote Originally Posted by eldal
    Is the old saved games from the 2.1.2 version going to be playable with the new one?
    Old saved games probably won't work correctly. If you want to finish your current campaign, don't install the new version until you are finished with the campaign.

Not affiliated with Red Dwarf. Member Ianofsmeg16's Avatar
    Home of Palm trees, cats with no tails, three-legged men, fairies...and more german bikers than germany

Hi!
    Do you know of anywhere else i can download Mundus Magnus, because twcenter's downloads bit seems to be messed up
    and also, congrats to dimebagho for a great mod!!
    When I was a child
    I caught a fleeting glimpse
    Out of the corner of my eye.
    I turned to look but it was gone
    I cannot put my finger on it now
    The child is grown,
    The dream is gone.
    I have become comfortably numb...

Proud Supporter of the Gahzette

Default Re: Extended Greek Mod (Now V2.2)

Quote Originally Posted by ian_of_smeg16
    Hi!
    Do you know of anywhere else i can download Mundus Magnus...
    There were some links in the discussion thread over at TWC. Unfortunately TWC is not responding at the moment (DNS attack maybe?) so I can't provide a link.

DimeBagHo I played your mod a lot and it is fantastic. The XGM (2.0) doesn't work with MM though (probably you'll have to release a new XGM-MM).Also very cool the new victory contitions.

Default Re: Extended Greek Mod (Now V2.2.1)

I have released an update for XGM (version 2.2.1). You can get here.

The only changes are a few minor bug fixes.
    -XGM-MM has been updated for Athenian Archers and should work fine now.
    -The new victory conditions have been added for Mundus Magnus.
    (but the old victory conditions have not been disabled for MM)
    -Dogs have been completely removed from buildings.
    (I missed one building level in version 2.2)

Thumbs down Re: Extended Greek Mod

Magnificent, enormous, awesome. The new victory conditions for MM make us play a real huge TW with great, cool units. Bravo!!!

Not affiliated with Red Dwarf. Member Ianofsmeg16's Avatar
    Home of Palm trees, cats with no tails, three-legged men, fairies...and more german bikers than germany

Default Re: Extended Greek Mod

Any plans for 3.0? i have some ideas...

1. Get rid of the brutii faction and give their provinces to the GCS, this is hisoricall correct to the time(keep the senate and scipii)

2. Beef up thrace, they are a very weak greek faction, or at least give them new skins or colours..the bright blue is just awefull!

3. Rename Egypt to Ptolemaic(sp??) Empire and give it greek units (basically macedon's but with a hint of african)

4. if you do no.1 then you have an extra faction slot, or an extra greek city (seperate Athens and sparta!!!)

I know this sounds large but hey, you can release it in bits, e.g 3.0 beefed up thrace..3.1 brutii gone, GCS get southern italy provinces..3.2 Seperate Athens and sparta into seperate factions and 3.3 Egypt renamed to ptolemaic empire and given extra units..something like that, keep this mod alive, it is a legend of a mod
    When I was a child
    I caught a fleeting glimpse
    Out of the corner of my eye.
    I turned to look but it was gone
    I cannot put my finger on it now
    The child is grown,
    The dream is gone.
    I have become comfortably numb...

Proud Supporter of the Gahzette

Can u help me?
    I've downloaded your XGM mod, but it's doesn't work!
    I've installed RTW 1 + RTW 1.2 Patch anew, but compaign game crushes to desktop :( Why?
    So, in fact, i don't have problems with other mods - all work fine... But custom battle work.
    Thnx!

PS
    U've made an excellent mod, and russian fans want play XGM too!

im having a problem that someone else was having about crashing to desktop.

ive done all the steps correctly in the right order. which is

install game
    install 1.2 patch
    install mundus magnus
    install Extended greek mod
    install Extended greed mod in the extras folder

i have the newest version 2.2.1

run game. now i load up as the greeks, and after a few turns i crash to desktop Always on the rebels turn. only thing is i can't get past it. i can only go about 3 turns into a game and never any farther.

looks like i can play a regular game with the Extended Greeks(haven't tested it too far, although the AI is a little funky)

any help?

ok looks like playing a regular game with the Extended Greeks is giving me the same problem, after a few turns i CTD, i don't know if i should try to reinstall the game with only the greek mod and see if that works. but im guessing it is most likely the Greek Mod Making the game crash, of course i have no idea why.

Lightbulb Re: Extended Greek Mod

[QUOTE=mentor]Can u help me?
    I've downloaded your XGM mod, but it's doesn't work!
    I've installed RTW 1 + RTW 1.2 Patch anew, but compaign game crushes to desktop :( Why?
    QUOTE]
    (Being a Newbie and all), it could be your system or just a bad download. I've installed RTW 1 + RTW 1.2 Patch and then XGM mod and I was golden I even changed my Spartan skin from the vanilla to the vertical with the short red cloak. When you get it up and running it's great. Best RTW Mod I've Played, waiting on NAP 2, Hyborian TW and Chiv. SP
    Blackadder:"Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman round here?"

https://skender.be/supportdenmark/#CS

Member Member Crusader4thepeople's Avatar

I keep getting an error saying failed to load mount directory. ANy help?

Oh and can i use the spartan skins on my vanilla RTW aswell?
    Last edited by Crusader4thepeople; 09-18-2005 at 18:50.

Ok, Crusader, wipe RTW from your system and and check what the system req.'s and if your system can handle it, then reload it and 1.2. Now if it is the download, then download a copy of XGM from a different site. I've never had a problem loading this mod and I do not recommend loading the spartan skin on to the vanilla, (I maybe wrong on this).

Blackadder:"Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman round here?"

German Enthusiast Member Alexanderofmacedon's Avatar

Can we get some screens, or am I not looking hard enough?

Need some help with this one:
    After I've installed both the XGM and Mundus Magnus according to the directions, I attempt to play a game. I go into provincial campaign, select Mundus Magnuss, hit the arrow, select my race (greek) and press the arrow to advance again. It pauses for a second, then drop me back at the Provincial Campaign selection screen and selecting the MM mod again and attempting to press the arrow to advance now does nothing! Any ideas?

-Teuf

Member Member Crusader4thepeople's Avatar

System Requirements perfect ,reloaded, downloaded 1.2, dowloaded from other side, problem with mount directory.But thats not that important but do the new spartan skins work with vanilla?
    Last edited by Crusader4thepeople; 09-19-2005 at 18:53.

It did not work for me, and the Gods know how I detest the vanilla spartan skin, my favorite is a toss up between the Vertical and Horizontal plumed Spartan. and I had problems with Mundas, so I never bothered with it.

The Philosopher Duke Member Suraknar's Avatar

Excelent Mod! Congratulations!!

This will work with MM v2...yes?
    Duke Surak'nar
    "Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ"
    Traveled to: Over 70 Countries, most recent: and

~ Ask not what modding can do for you, rather ask what you can do for modding ~
    ~ Everyone dies, not everyone really fights ~

MM v2 has not worked for me, though XGM works great on it's own and the ablity to change from that boring vanilla spartan to some of the other spartan skins, It's great.

The Philosopher Duke Member Suraknar's Avatar

Affirmative, just tryed it...

Installed Stock game
    Installer Patch 1.2
    Installed MM v2
    Installed XGM
    Installed XGM-MM

It does not work...Provincial Campaign does not start.

Reinstalled MM v2 on top of all... Provincial Campaign Starts Fine (Nice map :P)

I guess a new XGM-MM file is needed...

Unless I can somehow Integrate the Units from XGM to MM v2...
    Duke Surak'nar
    "Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ"
    Traveled to: Over 70 Countries, most recent: and

~ Ask not what modding can do for you, rather ask what you can do for modding ~
    ~ Everyone dies, not everyone really fights ~

Glad you all like the mod. I have been doing other things for a while, but after the patch comes out I will look at doing a new version that works with the patch and MM2. No promises though - it depends very much on how much work is required.

It looks like XGM would have to be re-done from scratch to make it work with RTW 1.3. I will probably make a new version of XGM to work with RTW 1.3, but the first release will not contain anywhere near the content of XGM 2.2. It will probably just add some (or all) of the extra Greek units. Whether I make more complete versions afterwards will depend on (1) how much interest people show in getting new versions and (2) how much I start playing RTW again .

XGM version 3.0 is done and available to download.

Version 3.0 is designed to work with RTW + 1.3 patch. It will not work with 1.2. I don't know whether it will work with RTW: BI (if someone wants to give it a try, let me know what happens).

There are no new features beyond what was in XGM 2.2.1, but a few things have been removed.
    -Make RTW harder is no longer included (I don't think it will work with 1.3)
    -XGM-MM is no longer included (I don't think MM works with 1.3)
    -The movement and kill rate changes have been removed (they might be back in a later version)
    -The Greek translations are gone (they will probably be back in a later version)
    -A few minor tweaks are gone

Otherwise everything is there, all the units, buildings, victory conditions, etc.

You can download it here.

XGM 3.1 is done and available for download.

You can download it here.

This new release comes hot on the heels of 3.0, but there were a few kinks with the transition to RTW 1.3 that I missed in 3.0 so it had to be done. On the plus side this new version should work with RTW:BI, and it uses the -mod:mymod command line switch so it does not overwrite any files in the RTW data folder.

The major changes are:

-Reworked to use the -mod switch
    -Fixed some XGM/1.3 conficts including one CTD
    -Fixed some minor RTW bugs
    -Victory conditions now use descr_win_conditions.txt
    -Greek factions can now build all Greek temples (required for 1.3)
    -Roman factions can now build all Roman temples (required for 1.3)
    -Weather mod removed (conflict with 1.3)
    -War Elephants for Pontus added
    -Cretan Archers for Seleucids added
    -Recruitment for Athenian Marine archers changed (required for 1.3)
    -Removed all factions except Greek + Pontus (mostly to save space)

If you have already started a campaign with XGM 3.0 there is no particular reason to install 3.1. There is one potential CTD in 3.0 but it is easy to avoid. You might get it if you go to the building browser in Athens and try to look at the Seige Engineer. If you do install 3.1 your saved games from 3.0 *might* work.
    Last edited by DimeBagHo; 10-18-2005 at 23:39.

I have released a new version (3.1.1) to fix a problem with a couple of missing files.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast