Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussion and Announcements

Smile Re: Extended Greek Mod

Quote Originally Posted by DimeBagHo
    XGM version 3.6.7 is now available for download.

You can get it here.
    You can see the readme here.

The major changes are:

-Added Late Poeni Infantry
    -Added Late Scutarii
    -Added AOR Italic Legionaries (recruitable by all civilised factions in Italy)
    -Added AOR Horse Archers (recruitable by most factions in eastern Barbarian regions)
    -Added AOR Barbarian Infantry (recruitable by all factions in western Barbarian regions)
    -Added AOR Barbarian Cavalry (recruitable by all factions in western Barbarian regions)
    -Increased unit size of Desert Infantry, decreased morale
    -Moved Desert Infantry to Barracks
    -Decreased morale of many AOR/mercenary units by 2
    -Reduced recruiting costs of many Barbarian units
    -Increased Barbarian starting populations on vanilla map
    -Increased defense of all units by 2
    -Increased defense of spear units by additional 2
    -Decreased lethality of spear units from 0.74 to 0.64
    -Decreased lethality of phalanx units from 0.9 to 0.64
    -Increased attack of phalangite and elite phalangite units by 2
    -Phalanx units now suffer high penalties in scrub and forest
    -General units now only 1 hitpoint, but defense and armour increased by 2
    -Decreased range of elite archer units to 150, Gastraphetes to 170
    -Decreased range of elite slinger units to 100
    -Removed Elephant resource from Media on vanilla map
    -Changed requirements for Alexander traits
    -Temple bonuses extensively revised
    -Javelin and Pilae speeds reduced
    -Movement rates reduced to 70% of vanilla

The Barbarian and Steppe AOR units are not available on Mundus Magnus yet.
    Nevermind got it now
    Blackadder:"Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman round here?"

https://skender.be/supportdenmark/#CS

Default Re: Extended Greek Mod

Hi guys, I'm new here, liked the idea very much, so, I downloaded the file, installed, but it doesn't work. On RTW BI 1.6 vanilla. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot.

XGM is designed to work with RTW 1.5 or RTW:BI 1.6. Here are some common problems that people have:

1. You have other mods installed.
    2. You haven't patched to 1.5/1.6. Check the options screen to see what version you have. Just because you ran the patch installer, doesn't mean it actually worked. :)
    3. Your download didn't complete so you have a broken copy. I think it should refuse to install in this case, but some people did have this problem in the past. Check the zip file size - it should be around 18.5 MB.

If you could provide more details about what is going wrong that might help as well. Does it fail to install? Fail to start up? Fail to start a new campaign?

First of all, thanks for answering. I do have RTW:BI 1.6 installed. Xgm installation is also o.k., cause I can run the mod. The problem is: I cannot start imperial campaign and on the provincial campaign ( it's Unified Rome!!!), I don't see any XGM and I cannot pick UR too. It looks like RTW does not recognize XGM at all. And no mod has been installed before.

When you try to start the Imperial Campaign does it say something like "please select from the list"? That usually means you don't have the 1.6 patch installed. Do you have the Gold Edition of RTW? That claims to be 1.6 but in the US (at least) it's not.
    Last edited by DimeBagHo; 04-04-2006 at 22:17.

"please select from the list" - exactly. That means that patch 1.6 is not installed? And I have RTW, then BI, no golden edition. What should I do?

Damn, I stopped playing games couple of years ago, then I bought RTW and it's not working properly. This is ridiculous, I don't care about money that I paid, but you have to get what you paid for ?

You can get the patch here: http://www.sega.com/support/pcdownlo..._patch_1-6.zip
    Just download and install.

Will this work?

It should work fine. That's the official patch for RTW:BI to bring it up to the latest version. You can take a look at the notes here: http://www.totalwar.com/community/download.htm

I hope it will. Thank you guys for your work and everything.

Quote:
    -Movement rates reduced to 70% of vanilla

WHAT?!?!!? Why would you make such a DRASTIC change this far into the mod like this without explanation?!?! Movement speed felt right, I don't get it..?

Ming the Merciless is my idol Senior Member Watchman's Avatar

It's not like it was terribly difficult to change it back to the vanilla speeds, you know. Just copy-paste the appropriate original text file (terrain_effects or something, I think) over the one in the mod folder.
    "Let us remember that there are multiple theories of Intelligent Design. I and many others around the world are of the strong belief that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. --- Proof of the existence of the FSM, if needed, can be found in the recent uptick of global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters. Apparently His Pastaness is to be worshipped in full pirate regalia. The decline in worldwide pirate population over the past 200 years directly corresponds with the increase in global temperature. Here is a graph to illustrate the point."

-Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

It's not all that drastic either. The movement speeds have been at 80% of vanilla for quite a while, so the reduction to 70% is significant, but not huge.

Would really appreciate manual mod instructions to get the movement speed back to how you had it in previous versions. I'd just like the option, and surely I am not alone..? This is the only mod I play, and the only reason Rome is still installed on my system. I troll this thread and the thread on twcenter, I just don't know how to mod anything beyond what you've laid out for us in your awesome mod.

Talking Re: Extended Greek Mod

I agree buckZor, i too only play this mod. I also reckon you should make the AOR units into the factions colours(this would take time),like if you had 'AOR Italic Legionaries' and say greek cities could recruit them they would have the greek cities colours.
    Also i reckon you should add a thew new units for the babrarians because when i play with the romans the barbs lose quickly to the greeks, but this might change the mod from a greek one to a all faction mod.
    You should work on the senate like make it playable(i know how to do it) but i mean that you are not in debt from the begining. With the senate ive also noticed that when your men leave italy the other families attack, but this didnt happan in 1.2.

You shouldn't play the senate, CA stated that it is used by the game to keep statistics and other AI related functions, meaning that if you use it then you screw up the game.
    The best is yet to come.
    ZX MiniMod: Where MTW meets AOE
    https://www.wmwiki.com/hosted/ZxMod.exe
    Now on beta 3 with playable golden horde!

It is possible to make the Senate playable, but as Zarax said it is unstable, and messes around with too many other aspects of the game.

Adding faction colours for the AOR units is possible, but unlikely. With 20 factions, and 20 odd AOR units, that would be a huge job - somewhere around 350 new skins once you take account of recruitment limitations. Not really worth the effort IMHO.

New units for the barbarians is likely to happen though. Apart from the Barbarians every other faction has at least some new units. If you have any ideas, let me know.

Red face Re: Extended Greek Mod

Ill PM you if i do.

XGM version 3.6.10 is now available for download.

You can get it here.
    You can see the readme here.

The major changes are:
    -Added Barbarian Cavalry to Britons
    -Added Archer Warband to Britons
    -Added Archer Warband to Gauls
    -Added Archer Warband to Germans
    -Removed British Light Chariots
    -Armed British Heavy Chariot crew with javelins
    -Corrected some errors in Iberian recruiting
    -Added Aqueduct to Carthage and Ptolemies
    -Added Sewers and Baths to Eastern Factions
    -Forge now requires an Iron resource in the same province

XGM Version 3.6.9

-Revised four historical battles for XGM

XGM Version 3.6.8

-Added lighting to city windows at night (only if you have BI installed)
    -Added swiming ability to several light cavalry units
    -Added power charge to all spear armed cataphract and armoured horse units
    Last edited by DimeBagHo; 04-10-2006 at 00:18.

Side question: I've always wondered what would happen, especially with XGM, if there were some way to launch a campaign game with no human player. I think it'd be extremely interesting to watch the world evolve with the computer playing itself.. and further if you could LOOP it, it'd be the coolest screensaver ever :). This idea from a balance perspective would be very interesting as well, especially if you could do a winning faction count WITH the looping..

Oh geez and imagine if you could toggle, randomly, battle mode so periodically the campaign would zoom in for a battle.. wow that would truly be awesome
    Last edited by buckZor; 04-10-2006 at 15:00.

You can do something like that. For testing I often play an out-of-the-way faction like the Britons and just run through 100 or so turns to see how things play out. Advancing the turns automatically might be difficult though. It could probably be done with a script, but it would be complicated because you would have to handle dismissing messages and so on.

Finder of Little Oddities Senior Member Makanyane's Avatar

bukZor, for normal rtw/BI you can watch the computer play it self at campaign level by launching a campaign through a desktop shortcut with (space)-ai at the end of its target line i.e.:
    "L:\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -show_err -ai
    Is there any reason that shouldn't work for this mod?

You can't get back in as a human player, or watch battles, but it can be useful to get an idea of how factions develop for balancing issues.
    Not used mods before? Looking for something small and fun?!
    Download the:

Thanks for the tip Makanyane. I had completely forgotten about the -ai option.

Not affiliated with Red Dwarf. Member Ianofsmeg16's Avatar
    Home of Palm trees, cats with no tails, three-legged men, fairies...and more german bikers than germany

Have to say Dimebagho, I've downloaded every version of this mod, and each one exceeds its predecessor! carry on modding!
    When I was a child
    I caught a fleeting glimpse
    Out of the corner of my eye.
    I turned to look but it was gone
    I cannot put my finger on it now
    The child is grown,
    The dream is gone.
    I have become comfortably numb...

Proud Supporter of the Gahzette

Quote Originally Posted by DimeBagHo
    You can do something like that. For testing I often play an out-of-the-way faction like the Britons and just run through 100 or so turns to see how things play out. Advancing the turns automatically might be difficult though. It could probably be done with a script, but it would be complicated because you would have to handle dismissing messages and so on.
    Is there going to be any work on the Scythians in the near future or making the Ptolomies more Hellenic? Just curious, since I love playing this mod.
    Cheers
    Blackadder:"Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman round here?"

At the moment im trying to improve the barbarian factions.

I do have a unit design for scythia.

well whatever you add to this mod it still rocks
    i love the greeks and this just makes them better

Quote Originally Posted by alahir
    well whatever you add to this mod it still rocks
    i love the greeks and this just makes them better
    True

Lightbulb Re: Extended Greek Mod

Quote Originally Posted by kburkert
    At the moment im trying to improve the barbarian factions.

I do have a unit design for scythia.
    The Scythian Cavalry enhances almost any army it's in, hope that the next update or a update in the near future goes there.

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast