Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pics & History of your Empire

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Pics & History of your Empire

Hi guys I wanted to make this thread for everyone to show pics of their empire and a brief history of it. Just thought this would be something intresting for us to read. I'll start off with mine.

Faction: The Spanish
    Starting at: Early Period
    Year:1384
    Type:GA
    No cheats, except for the see entire map cheat, I just like to see the whole map.

History: I started off being a small friendly empire, once I bordered my empire at Aragon, and the neighboring province (Neverea i think) I started building up my army for the crusades. I sent 2 succesful crusades to Palestine and Tripoli. The settlements were pretty good there until the mid 1300s.

The Egyptians had humoungous armies and took over palestine and tripoli, but only after me winning the battles 5 times in a row, in the 6th battle Palestine finally fell.

I expanted into Europe when I lost my settlements in the east. I reached as far as Ile De France, and into Rome. But my forces weren't strong enough to stand against the allience between Germany the Byzantines and the Pepacy. So I pulled back to aragon, and now I'm there waiting for the year 1453 to hopefully win.

Last edited by PittBull260; 05-01-2005 at 20:18.

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Default Re: Pics & History of your Empire

Hey man.... Can I ask you a question??? Have you installed a mod because I cannot recognize that shield(the one with the red cross, think it's a crusader type thing).... Hey, I'm gonna post my stuff soon...
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Quote Originally Posted by edyzmedieval
    Hey man.... Can I ask you a question??? Have you installed a mod because I cannot recognize that shield(the one with the red cross, think it's a crusader type thing).... Hey, I'm gonna post my stuff soon...
    yea man it's the XL mod, the best mod ever :)

Well I finished my campaign, here is the territory

the results:
    I have won but only because the main and big empires fell into civil war many times each, which allowed me to expand my empire into central Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by edyzmedieval
    so where is it bro? I'd really like to see other people's empires

I've been playing this game for quite a while now. I started off as the welsh and conquerred Britain in viking invasion, then started a new game as the English in the european map in the early medieval period.

So far I've conquerred, in this order, Navarre, Wales, France, Aragon, Castille, the rest of Spain, western Germany, kicked the almohads out of Iberia except for granada, central and northern germany, morroco and granada, crusaded through scandinavia and denmark conquerring each province just after my crusade leaves before finally joining my invasion army up with the crusade and moving through poland to attack khazar, driven out of khazar by the byzantines and settled for conquerring chernigov and some neighouring provinces, lost provence to a sneak attack by the italians, retaliated killing the italian king causing a civil war, took advantage of the civil war taking northern italy, corsica and sardinia, crusaded to egypt succesfully wiping out the almohads, invaded poland sending the ex crusaders in russia to invade lithuania and help deter the byzantines, crusaded to syria and closed off the middle east by securing syria and attacking tripoli fro mthe sea with my conventional army.

It's 1182 and I've reached this far on expert mode. I start a new save game everytime a king dies so I could post some screenies here of my progress. I haven't saved any images of major battles though..

Bit blotchy because of bmp to jpg conversion, but you can see my progress just fine.

I decided to go for 100%, will I make it before the mongols appear? I don't think so, not unless the byzantines go into a civil war and I have a number of stunning victories against the hoardes of novgorods and russians that still exist.

Ice stink there for a ham. Member Mystery Science Torture 3000 Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion, Pencak Champion, Sperm Wars Champion, Monkey Diving Champion Yoyoma1910's Avatar
    Yarr me matey. I be livin on the high seas.

Sorry mate, it's not there.

My kingdom for a .

well here's the progress on my new campaign as the Sicilians on the XL mod

Faction:The Sicilians
    Starting at:High period
    Current Year:1281
    Type:GA
    NO cheats except for the one that lets you see the whole map

I started out just making farms and other money making upgrades. I build up a nice Navy, and took over the Serbs, I was allied with the Pepacy Venitians and pretty much all my neighboring countries.

When I conquered Bulgaria from the Bulgarians, the Hungarians and the Venitians double teamed me and took Serbia from me. They also attacked Bulgaria but I succesfully defended it.

So i left bulgaria becasue it is too far away from the center of the empire, and took back Serbia with a large force. There I stayed for a while until I had a large enough force to go into Greece and Constantinope, who the Venitians control. So I took over those 2 provinces to make good money off of it.

The pope excommunicates me so I take over Rome and The Papal states, get in peace with the Venitians and left the Pope to keep Genoa (so that he doenst re-appear with a huge army). And here I am now, pretty much waiting for the ALhomads to come with their huge low-tech armies, hopefully I will succesfully defend my empire from them :)

The points

This thread is quite fun

Loved that one about the battle in Greater Poland -- 10000 Frenchmen! -- very impressive prince character there, made me want to play a game solely for training up legendary generals.

Anyway here's my current game. I'm only playing vanilla at the moment (VI, v2.00). This is my special campaign with the Papacy. Obviously I'm not trying to expand my lands or play a typical conquest game but rather trying to convert the whole map to Catholicism (95% in all provinces is my goal) and generally promote the Catholic factions.

In the early age the Byzantines conquered all of Russia and Eastern Europe all the way to Germany and Austria. Meanwhile the Catholics bitterly fought each other, though the Spanish did defeat the Almohads and eventually were at the border with Egypt. I was certainly in for a challenging game since I had to somehow unite Catholic Europe under one flag and roll back the Patriarch in Constantinople and his imperial bunch of invincible 8-star generals.

The HRE dissolved early on while the French came out strong so to begin with I placed my bets on them and had all my agents undermining their enemies. The English were at war with them so my inquisitors burned all their heretic generals worth a star.... eventually I killed off the English royal family and let them go rebel. Unfortunately the French continued to disappoint me and ended up losing all their homelands to Spanish and Italian invaders. By now the Spanish are my champions as their empire is stable and healthy and they're finally managing some great crusades.

The Golden Horde helped a lot with my situation with the Byzantines, which I was of course hoping for. The Poles and Hungarians re-emerged and finally after a long persecution of the Byz royal family I was able to kill off their last heirless emperor and make them neutral. The stage is now set for a Catholic east.... after I assassinate the Khan of course

Enough BS, here are the screenshots:

All the rebel territories in the east are basically the former Byzantine empire, after the tragic death of their last emperor

Most of the Middle East is around 70-90% Catholic, despite still being ruled by the somewhat estranged Muslim factions.

hey oskar, that's a very intresting campaign u got there man, hopefully u'll make the world catholic :)
    keep us updated

Quote Originally Posted by hr_oskar
    This thread is quite fun

Loved that one about the battle in Greater Poland -- 10000 Frenchmen! -- very impressive prince character there, made me want to play a game solely for training up legendary generals.
    Damn right, that was insane. The crazy thing was I thought that would break their back. So I continued with my advance towards the baltic. What greeted me at a siege in Pomerania a few years later? 14,000 Frenchmen!!! I had to retreat I only had 800 this time, it was beyond even Prince Manuel's abilities.

And my dang ruler went and had a new son who matured before Manuel could take the throne. Noooooooooooo_O after all that schoolin aswell. ¬_¬ Now I have to do it again with the new heir. . . Now where are those frenchmen. . .

Ahahaha but nice game you got going there oskar, I may try that with the muslims. Someone has to stand up for them. . . if you leave the AI to it the get creamed everytime. :(

Oskar's campaign looks really impressive, but I've still conquerred more territory and I'm only in the 1190s

It looks as though I might win, I have a new king in his early 20s and I'm all set to conquer the world in his lifetime. My training camps are churning out the best equipped and most up to date units in the game and are prepared to churn out the same amount of units once I get past 1205. The hungarians are sealed in, but I'm using a lot of troops to do this (can't attack cause of excommunication threat from pope) and the Germans will be wiped out next turn. The Byzantines are in a dire position now, they have a few good generals, but nothing I can't match and my conventional army outclasses their kataphraktoi now. A crusade is marching towards Constantinople and will pass through Hungary and my ex-crusaders + newly trained units and a troupe of elite knights trained up by killing egyptian peasants archers and spearmen is honed to blitz into eastern turkey. Once the byzantines are gone It will be easy pickings until I've finally conquerred the entire map, probably before the Mongols arrive. Though I think I'll leave ireland unconquerred or something, just so I can test my elite English armies against them in one glorious final battle to secure England's place as god's divine kingdom on earth (I'll have a puppet pope by now) for now till eternity!

Ahem.

I have 40 years to do this. Once I figure out how to use photo bucket I'll get some proper screenies in.

You can send assassins after one of your princes.
    Using only the best:
    MTW: VI + Mods

http://www.Ingersoll.net

Think ill resurect this one...

Playing as the Holy Roman Empire, GA hard, and the year is 1242 AD. I'm trying to keep the size of my empire down, because it annoys me when i have too many provinces to administrate, so im sticking to GA objective/really useful provinces.

PHew. I started out by snipping Silesia off from the Polish. They refused to see sense and make peace, and brought in their Hungarian allies, and both factions continued to make raids on my border right up until the 1180s.

The Italians got excommunicated for attacking Sicily, and fell into civil war in about 1150. I snuck in and stole Venice and Milan while they were controlled by the rebels, but the Italians didn't like this, and I ended up killing their king and knocking them out of the game. The Sicilians came back with a vengeance at this point, occupying the former Italian lands and threatening my southern border, and i ended up killing them as well, and occupying Sicily and Genoa. The pope took Tuscany, but he's my friend so I don't mind. The Sicilians have since reemerged in Malta.

Over in the West, the French had creamed the English, and began attacking my northern provinces by sea. Things were looking bleak, until their king died heirless and the whole of France and England went rebel. The English reemerged, and later the French, but the majority of their forces are stranded in Ireland, so they are pretty much just waiting for the end now.

On my Northern border, in 1210, the Danes attacked my poorly defended province of Swabia. Unluckily for them, I had just finished making my new High-era army of Halberdiers, Swiss Halberdiers, and Chivalric Men at arms. I beat them back to their castle, and they offered one of their princesses to me as a peace offering.

Back in the East, I took Pomerania, and, after the Polish took me off guard and took Brandenburg, I invaded both their provinces simultaniously and knocked them out of the game. I also gave the Hungarians a fair beating at this point, setting them back for a while, though they have been bailed out several times by other factions distracting me elsewhere, and have thus far managed to avoid the full on steamroller treatment. The Byzantines, meanwhile, had been quietly taking over the whole of Russia, and attacked me in C.1215. I held on, not making much headway but not giving ground, until the Horde arrived on 1230. The Byzantines were now getting squashed on two fronts, and looking at the state of the map, it looks like I should lay off them for a while, so they can keep the Horde at bay while i reorganise my forces.

Flavius Claudius Julianus Member NodachiSam's Avatar

Very cool game. Looks like your doing a good job. I like your approach of controlled growth. I would've taken Poland though when you had the chance, it makes for a nice clean border and has good income (You probably know that though). Same goes for Flanders now that it is rebel.

Are you winning in GA yet?
    Please check out my art http://calcaneus.deviantart.com/

I'm winning by about 20 points I think. I didn't take Poland at the time because i didnt intend to move on and take Prussia and Livonia, so yeah it does look a bit silly now! That'll reduce my borders as well. Good advice! Flanders is now in the hands of the nefarious spanish, who im now at war with in Scandanavia, so we shall see about liberating that from them...

Camel Lord Senior Member Capture The Flag Champion Martok's Avatar
    In my own little world....but it's okay, they know me there.

Excellent, Joshwa! Let us know how you do.
    "MTW is not a game, it's a way of life." -- drone

Jillian & Allison's Daddy Senior Member Don Corleone's Avatar

The year was 1087. Venice has survived for nearly 400 years as a vassal state of the Byzantine empire. They have held off invastions from the North by Germanic tribes, each led by a barbarian confident that they in fact are the next Charlemagne, as well as seaborne raids along the Adriatic by the new upstart Normans to the South, stationed in Sicily. At the age of 36, a bright young star rose in the sky for Venice, Vitale the first true sovereign of Venice ascended the throne.

Immediately, Vitale declared his independence from the traditional Ventian overlords, the Byzantines, but leading a charge into Naples. With a band of militia raised from the local city and his personal bodyguard, Vitale drove the Byzantines from Naples, freeing the mostly Catholic province from their Orthodox overlords, gaining the allegiance of the Holy Father in the very same year. Vitale's charge was so perfectly timed, over 40 Byzantine swordsmen fell in the initial impact, including the Byzantine's hapless General. Understanding that discretion is often the better part of valor, Vitale immediately ordered a halt of all contact with the Byzantines, by land or by sea, for a period of 2 years, to squelch the anger.

Instead, Vitale focused his time on diplomacy with the other nations of Europe, including bonding his family to that of other Catholic former victims of the Byzantines, the Hungarians, to whom he wed his eldest daughter Adela, and the Poles, from whom his son received a beautiful bride, Zophia.

Aside from snatching the barbarous state of Serbia, allowed to languish in horrific squalor by the uncaring Byzantines, the 11th century of our Lord passed without conflict.

This all changed, in the year 1100AD, exactly. The pompous ass, Adam, Norman King of Sicily violated the Doge's second, and favorite, daughter, Margarita and then refused her hand to his son. Vitale first married his now ruined daughter off to his most able general, Bohemend de Tankerville, with whom Margarite's secret could be concealed. He then smashed two Sicilian based fleets and sent his eldest son, Margarite's older brother, the young Vitale to Sicily who stormed Palermo itself! Showing a shrewd accumen that would continue to serve the Doge through his reign, Vitale allowed the Normans to continue their pathetic existence in Malta... the heap of rocks while strategically attractive could not possibly afford the Normans enough wealth to ever challenge his rule of Mediteranean again. Vitale found himself as the sole owner of over 10,000 square miles of a vast blue highway of trade, the Mediteranean sea. He also demonstrated his reason and restraint to his fellow Catholic monarchs in Spain, France and Aragon, as well as maintaining the blessed alliance with the Holy Father in Rome.

[So much for last night's adventure. Will continue with another update tomorrow night, after playing some tonight. When I get some time, I'll explain my self-imposed role-playing rules.]
    Last edited by Don Corleone; 09-01-2006 at 01:32.
    "A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man."
    Don Vito Corleone: The Godfather, Part 1.

"Then wait for them and swear to God in heaven that if they spew that bull to you or your family again you will cave there heads in with a sledgehammer"
    Strike for the South

In A Fortress With Thousands Of Cavalry Protecting Gates

Hey. this is my first mtw campaign (i just bought it 2 days ago)

Faction: The French
    Start Period: Early
    Year: 1220
    Cheats: No

Start: I Began by setting up my economic situation. improving farms, building ports things like that. i then attacked a couple neighbouring areas and got my first warning from the pope. i got excommunicated so i began pushing towards the papal states and i was dominant at first but i was driven off by the sicillians who had a massive army (about 35 years into it) and then i was caught between the strong sicillians and the germans who outnumbered me by 350 men i was going to let it play automatically but then i figured it would be a waste of time and money to basically allow 650 men get executed so i attack the germans myself i used the basic strategy of overloading there front line and flanking the general. once the general began to rout i took 511 prisoners and learned a big lesson. my general ransomed them off for 800 florins i got away safe and thats when i began taking control.

Challenges Ahead:1. im in a territorial struggle with my ally the bryzantines who in my theory are controlling over half the map and eventually they will make a move against me.

2. The Spanish have a strong base on my side they are neutral and we havent fought at all yet. they had alot more men then shown on the map but they are in a big war with them muslims to the the south west. i have been cautious about attacking them due to the fact im already fighting the germans. right now i believe would be oppurtune to attack as there guard is down near me and my men are close enough to get there quickly as reinforcements.

my florins are dropping extremely fast. about 15 years before the picture i had 80000 but mercenaries and my large army are sapping it.

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

Is that the Byz ... in England?!

Nice campaign, HUGE Byzantines.
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

thanks. im having alot of trouble with them. if i dont attack someone for territory quickly they will and its been going like that since they first came into veiw on the map they are the richest, most advanced and they have the largest army so im going to let them do there thing while i try to take control in the deserts. hopefully that will give me a much needed boost to finally make a move

All you can hope for is a civil war. Or assasinate their royal family.
    #Hillary4prism

things are taking a turn for the worse in my campaign ... early too. look at the change in florins and territory.

Quote Originally Posted by HoH Mystic

costs have gone up. money has gone down. military is still decent but in poor positioning. and now the mongols have decided to join the fun. and on top of that i have only 1 heir and hes underage

Professional Cynic Member Innocentius's Avatar

Unfortuneately, my Danish campaign has ended
    Not because I failed, in fact, I had just won a great victory against the Livonian rebels, but it was that screencap that made my game mess up. Stupid as I am, I took the pic, then went straight back to windows to save it, and then the game just popped. Now everytime I try to load the campaign, the game shuts down, so I ended up deleting the campaign as it became unplayable

Anyway, I did manage to beat the Livonians:

Will commence a new campaign soon, and I wont mess with such a sensitive game again
    It's not easy being a man, you know. I had to get dressed today... And there are other pressures.

- Dylan Moran

The Play

im about to go into the biggest campaign fight ive ever been in im going to save the replay -unless i get crushed ;)- i will take some in battle screenshots

and a quick question... should i start my own thread for this because i love posting whats going on and it would be easier to see it :) let me know

2,600 vs 2,500 (cant remember who had which)

got a major stike of luck here as the sicillians had a massive army around my border so i put my attention towards them

im currently fortifying my borders near the spanish

I love this thread!
    #Hillary4prism

Hungarians Hard Early
    When i started playing i directly attacked the rebel providence near me after a few years resulting i then attacked the byzantine Bulgaria it took me 4 attempts to capture it after that i had 10 failed attempts of taking Greece but by 1125 i ended up controlling most of the Balkans i will add pictures as soon as can upload them

Camel Lord Senior Member Capture The Flag Champion Martok's Avatar
    In my own little world....but it's okay, they know me there.

Great stories, guys; keep 'em coming!

@Darth Revan:: Don't worry about the pictures. They're nice, but a good story doesn't need them.

@Innocentius: How fares your Hungarian campaign? Have you expanded further, or are you content to develop your lands while the kingdoms in the East duke it out?

@HoH Mystic: I'm eager to hear how are things are going against the Spanish. Have you been able to check their advance?
    "MTW is not a game, it's a way of life." -- drone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast