Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: US soldier cleared in shooting of unarmed, wounded, motionless insurgent

Ambiguous Member Byzantine Prince's Avatar

Default Re: US soldier cleared in shooting of unarmed, wounded, motionless insurgent

Quote Originally Posted by Idomeneas
    The technology is here even BP is starting experimental station in iceland(? not sure)
    No I'm not... I mean how did you know?!?!?

Default Re: US soldier cleared in shooting of unarmed, wounded, motionless insurgent

Quote Originally Posted by Byzantine Prince
    No I'm not... I mean how did you know?!?!?
    Group ''E'' told me
    μηνιν αειδε θεα Πηληιαδεω Αχιληοs ουλομενην

Member Member Alexander the Pretty Good's Avatar

The funky letters were used many many many many many many thousands of year before some people manage to built their first... tent
    I was thinking more along the lines of "what keys is he pressing."

Scruffy Looking Nerf Herder Member Steppe Merc's Avatar

The funky letters were used many many many many many many thousands of year before some people manage to built their first... tent
    Very funny. No culture ever was more or less barbaric, despite what many Greek and Latin philes would say. Just because some people didn't waste a lot of time on huge buildings didn't make them stupid, or barbaric....

"But if you should fall you fall alone,
    If you should stand then who's to guide you?
    If I knew the way I would take you home."
    Grateful Dead, "Ripple"

Quote Originally Posted by Steppe Merc
    Just because some people didn't waste a lot of time on huge buildings didn't make them stupid, or barbaric....
    Some would argue that the people that wasted a lot of time on huge buildings where stupid and barbaric though.....

Very funny. No culture ever was more or less barbaric, despite what many Greek and Latin philes would say. Just because some people didn't waste a lot of time on huge buildings didn't make them stupid, or barbaric....
    Im not implying that some cultures are not important but certainly there are cultures that are MORE important. Anyway its a tricky subject and the only way to see it objectivelly is to stay to the historical facts of progress.

For example the letters you use to write on keyboard are there because of the ''huge building guys'' not the ''freezing in the cold'' ones

Mad Professor Senior Member Hurin_Rules's Avatar

For example the letters you use to write on keyboard are there because of the ''huge building guys'' not the ''freezing in the cold'' ones
    True, but the language you are writing those letters in is about an equal, 50-50 mix of the languages of the 'huge building guys' and the 'freezing in the cold' guys.
    "I love this fellow God. He's so deliciously evil." --Stuart Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by Hurin_Rules
    True, but the language you are writing those letters in is about an equal, 50-50 mix of the languages of the 'huge building guys' and the 'freezing in the cold' guys.
    Well if 'freezing in the cold' guys couldnt keep at least some everyday words that would be total cultural failure wouldnt be?

Anyway lets not argue about this.

Mad Professor Senior Member Hurin_Rules's Avatar

Anyway lets not argue about this.
    Ok.
    "I love this fellow God. He's so deliciously evil." --Stuart Griffin

Scruffy Looking Nerf Herder Member Steppe Merc's Avatar

Mmm. Well to me, the freezing in the cold people are far more interesting, and some freezing in the cold people had a far bigger impact than some huge building guys. But never mind.

"But if you should fall you fall alone,
    If you should stand then who's to guide you?
    If I knew the way I would take you home."
    Grateful Dead, "Ripple"

Mmm. Well to me, the freezing in the cold people are far more interesting, and some freezing in the cold people had a far bigger impact than some huge building guys. But never mind.

Its ok i also like many ''freezing'' cultures. Especially Celtic and Skandinavian mythology i find the most interesting along with Greek offcourse. But when i try to put myself in a past era with no romantic thoughts i understand how big were the achievements of the most influencing cultures. A citizen of Athens or Rome or Alexandria etc had much more chances for a better life, and better conditions than somebody in the woods of the north. Thats why in my opinion invading people that brought rome down and the end of ancient times didnt hated rome but wanted to be part of it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12