Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Favorite WWII Film

Senior Member Senior Member English assassin's Avatar

Default Re: Favorite WWII Film

In Which We Serve.

THIS is what propaganda should look like. No macho glory, just a quiet "This is going to be crap and we might all get killed but lets get on with it anyway". It still gives my morale a boost, and the war ended sixty years ago.

http://movies2.nytimes.com/gst/movie...tml?v_id=24607
    "The only thing I've gotten out of this thread is that Navaros is claiming that Satan gave Man meat. Awesome." Gorebag

Humbled Father Member Duke of Gloucester's Avatar

Default Re: Favorite WWII Film

I like In Which We Serve - very British and understated (and very effective)! Band of Brothers was excellent - too good in some ways - very uncomfortable to watch in some parts. The Great Escape is good too, but a bit like Shakespeare - full of cliches! I also enjoy the Longest Day, but can't see what all the fuss is about Patton; this film is very highly regarded by others though. Enigma is worth watching and Hope and Glory

My favourite WWII film: The Battle of Britain. Why? It has some dated sequences, but the Sept 15th dogfight sequence set to William Walton's music is sublime.
    We all learn from experience. Unfortunately we don't all learn as much as we should.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123