Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: No Ninjas?

Default Re: No Ninjas?

I was just thinking about the same idea! i didnt read the entire thread so i may have old infarmation but personally i would think that, this being a fantasy mod, nijas would fit in perfectly, they could simply replace arcanii as arcanii never really entered any battles either, they can be really good stealth units:
    can hide anywhere
    really fast
    throws shirken or throwing stars or knifes or . . . etc
    close combat with a knife or sword or big throwing star? etc
    uber morale
    it'd be cool if they could jump . . .
    maybe sacres enemy units?
    and since this is a fantasy mod, why not give them magical powers? (if any of u are still young and read manga, like naruto) they can breath fire and crap.

so my vote is yes, or is this a team only vote? *is excluded*

Quote Originally Posted by SJRlunchbox
    Tricon, you raise some good points, however:

True, but that's the case with every mod for games based on popular fantasy/real realms, every disagrees on how things should be portrayed. To prove my point, go to the official R:TW forums and say the following.
    "Roman cavalry should be near useless, and Germans shouldn't have phalanx."
    You'll be flamed, defended, counter-flamed, counter-defended, backhanded, b**chslaped and flamed.

Two counter arguements.
    1. Yes, in Historical terms Ninja's were elite Assassins, but this mod seems more based on fantastical things then historical, just look at a TV show like Shintaro.
    2.If things like Beserkers can be worked around (they don't fight in formation) I can't see why Ninja's couldn't be worked around.

But in essence, it's Hoggy's decision. Either way people will complain
    "Why aren't there Ninja's? They'd be cool!"
    "Why are there Ninja's? You suck!"
    I'm not really arguing the point. My opinion is as good as yours. I was merely defending the point that I'm against it and that it is because of personal preference. After stating so I was basically done, but somebody insisted that I give reasons. So I did.

edit: one silly statement deleted
    Last edited by Tricon; 06-22-2005 at 19:47.
    When I said Death before Dishonour, I meant alphabetically.

Senior Member Senior Member hoggy's Avatar

Ok folks. Top debate. Here's the final results..

We will have ninja on the strat map as assasins.

We will have battlefield ninja as mercenaries and...

we will supply after the release of the mod a simple patch or description of how to add battlefield ninja to the japanese faction for those that want them.

how does that sound? best of all worlds

I like the idea of ninjas on the battlefield, simply becuase I'd like to see what hoggy could come up with. lord knows they would look awesome.

Assistant Mod Mod Member GiantMonkeyMan's Avatar
    plymouth - scrubbing Beirut's toilet with a cat...

excellent hoggy! so it is decided.... and i can't wait for you to make them!

Thanks Hoggy, you're a champion.

I (heart) flexible modders

i havent downloaded the mod yet, but i cant keep a way from a topic about ninjas,
    just thought i'd say how ironic it is that people say ninjas shouldnt be battlefield units but assassins, when historically it was the other way around. there is no real evidence that they ever assassinated anyone, but they had a good reputation as spies and as warriors that could easily enter castles (by dressing in the enemy's uniform).

so if it was up to me, if possible, i would use them as spy units that could be hired as mercenaries, and/or as mercenary battlefield units to played in an underhand, guerilla fashion

Hi,
    I have been playing as the Akagi Clan and have been recruiting ninjas mercenaries. They come in a unit of 16 I think if I remember correctly and have serve well as heavy infantry units. I must say they look cool and impressive. I'm glad the mod did included the ninjas, as mercenaries, not a bad idea. :P

I think that you are going to have a sweet unit like Ninjas, and by sweet I mean totally awesome, then you need to have a unit to counter them.

And everybody knows the only beings able to counter the awesomeness of Ninja are PIRATES !

Ninja should also have the rampage abilty as everybody knows that Ninjas can flip out and kill anyone at any time.
    Look what these bastards have done to Wales. They've taken our coal, our water, our steel. They buy our homes and live in them for a fortnight every year. What have they given us? Absolutely nothing. We've been exploited, raped, controlled and punished by the English — and that's who you are playing this afternoon Phil Bennett's pre 1977 Rugby match speech

I actually agree with that!

It seems the rampage abaility turns mediocre small units inot small killing machines!

Ninjas for rampage YEa!
    Do not think...feeeeeeeeeel, it is like a finger pointing up at the moon...DO NOT stare at the finger, or you will miss alllllll the heavenly beauty!
    Bruce Lee, Enter the Dragon

Naked Game Fanatic Member Murfios's Avatar

Hoggy how about a ninja faction? They would be like revels and live far in between. (Ninjas are cooler than pirates)

What about Ninja Pirates ?
    Look what these bastards have done to Wales. They've taken our coal, our water, our steel. They buy our homes and live in them for a fortnight every year. What have they given us? Absolutely nothing. We've been exploited, raped, controlled and punished by the English — and that's who you are playing this afternoon Phil Bennett's pre 1977 Rugby match speech

Naked Game Fanatic Member Murfios's Avatar

That would be even better

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123