Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Italy: Total War small mod

"'elp! I'm bein' repressed!" Senior Member Aenlic's Avatar

Default Re: Italy: Total War small mod

Ah, wonderful news that you are making a version for the VI expansion. You have done amazing work here!

You've inspired me to beginning planning my own small area mod. The era of religious wars in Northern Europe, particularly the 30 Years War up to the Peace of Westphalia in 1648. I'm curious to see if I can manage to remake Catholic, Orthodox and Muslim factions into the needed Catholic, Calvinist and Lutheran factions with the Pope only playing a very small role (unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any way to eliminate the hardcoded Papal faction altogether).
    "Dee dee dee!" - Annoymous (the "differently challenged" and much funnier twin of Anonymous)

You're very near to the answer, farfarer..
    Just some hours of last wait and you'll tell me directly what you think of the mod. Oh, the Pope is in.. i tested a little and seems to work.
    F.

ITW-VI 2.0 is out right now!
    Click on the link below to reach the webpage and download the installation program.
    F.

Yeah!

Yippie!

(I could have waxed long and poetic about the value of new mods, and how much this mod will add to the community, blah, blah, blah... but I think the two words above best sums up my feelings)

This looks very promising mod indeed and the map is wonderful. Hopefully there are specific Italian units to come in the future versions as this mod has plenty of room to new units, and frankly, cries for them.

Also some balkan faction would be nice for this mod .

Anyway, since I gave up Reconquista Mod due to CTD's, Italy: TW, along with Wes' Medieval Mod IV beta, are going to fill my leisure time in a next few days...or weeks.

Surely the mod could become more interesting after adding some new units.
    So, i've started the creation of a list of probable new ones.
    By now, i've worked a little on the followings:

- Anjou Paesantry Levies (Anjou)
    - Galleys Infantrymen (Genoese, Venetians, Ragusan, Pisans)
    - Papal Swiss Guards (Papacy)
    - Noble Guards (every one except Aragonese, Anjou, Papacy and Savoia)
    - Mercenary Man-At-Arms (every one)
    - Mercenary Pikemen (every one)
    - Musketeers (every one)
    - Order Knights (already present - modified)
    - Order Foot Soldiers (already present - modified)
    - Sardinian Horsemen (only in Sardinia)
    - Napolitan Knights (only Napoli, Capua, Principato, Bari, Capitanata)
    - Roman Patrician Knights (only Rome, Tuscia)
    - Knights of the Order of Savoia (Savoia)
    - Sienense Arbalesters (Sienense)
    - Balcan Mercenaries (already present - modified)
    - Trebizond Mercenaries (already present - modified)
    - Genoese Sailors (Genoese - modified)
    - Corsi Raiders (only in Corsica)
    - Norman Sicilian Nobles (only in Sicilia)
    - Galleys Crossbowmen (Genoese, Venetians, Ragusan, Pisans)

I'm looking for some other faction-specific ones (for Milanese, Savoia, Veronese, Sienense, Florentians, Venetians, Ragusans,Pisans).. any ideas?

F.

Forsmark, Sweden, where the radiation keeps me warm.

This is indeed great news Fader! By adding new units your mod is definitly worth downloading. It is like Baroccas map over Spain, but instead over Italy. Very nice indeed and keep up the good work.
    I support the Pike and Musket:Total War

Also Europa Barbarorum supporter!

Member Member william the bastard's Avatar

have a look on BKB , Xl and Wes mod. You will find a bunch of new units.
    Sorry for my French

Great to hear about the new improvements

Crusading historian Member cegorach's Avatar

[QUOTE=Fader_it]Surely the mod could become more interesting after adding some new units.
    So, i've started the creation of a list of probable new ones.

I have recently tried the mod and surely it needs more units.
    Do you need any new graphics ? I have some and there will be even more of these later - for very late period only, though.
    I need someone to make changes to the camp. map for PMTW2. I can give you some animations if you could help with the map - you have the experience I don't have.

Besides I can give you some tips and help you improving your mod - historical battles for example.

Regards Cegorach

Thanks for the interest.
    Cegorach1, i'll let you know if i can help you; thanks for the offer, however.
    I don't think i'll use new graphics, as in MTW there's all i need by now.
    I'll add about 30 new units, about 10 nonfaction-region linked, and the others unique for a particular faction or condivided by some similar factions.
    F.

Forsmark, Sweden, where the radiation keeps me warm.

Sounds good!
    I support the Pike and Musket:Total War

Also Europa Barbarorum supporter!

Quote Originally Posted by Fader_it
    Thanks for the interest.
    Cegorach1, i'll let you know if i can help you; thanks for the offer, however.
    I don't think i'll use new graphics, as in MTW there's all i need by now.
    I'll add about 30 new units, about 10 nonfaction-region linked, and the others unique for a particular faction or condivided by some similar factions.
    F.
    OK

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cegorach1
    OK
    Not too happy, are you?!
    The same with me, I asked him but he has to work on his mod. It's gonna be a real battle for Fader, to see which modder is he gonna help, my friend.

Can't wait for the mod Fader!!!
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

We will see...

Hi there everyone!
    It's been a long time since my last look on the forums of the .Org, as i have been (and i'm yet) very busy with my Graduate thesis to close the so-long university experience.
    I haven't worked along on the mod, but i plan to start back within some weeks.. to anyone had asked my help, sorry but i really don't have spare time by now.. if you wait a little more, maybe i'll help sometimes in the future.
    Have a nice day!

F.

BTW, Sardinian horsemen is ahistorical, you could put stronger peasantry (like axemen) or just modify a melee unit to have better morale.

Historically Sardinian Infantry has been known to be rough, hardy and very reluctant to retreat though poorly equipped.
    The best is yet to come.
    ZX MiniMod: Where MTW meets AOE
    https://www.wmwiki.com/hosted/ZxMod.exe
    Now on beta 3 with playable golden horde!

Thanks for the suggestion, Zarax.. i'll keep it in mind.
    However, I think I'll leave the Sardinian Horsemen as a really fast, not armoured, bad defence unit, as the light horsemen has been always quite famous in fairs and horse races in Sardegna. F.

Quote Originally Posted by Fader_it
    Thanks for the suggestion, Zarax.. i'll keep it in mind.
    However, I think I'll leave the Sardinian Horsemen as a really fast, not armoured, bad defence unit, as the light horsemen has been always quite famous in fairs and horse races in Sardegna. F.
    I'm Sardinian, so I think I can talk with some insider knowledge.

The horse fairs you're talking about are a very recent thing, plus they breed imported english and arab horses.

The only horses there were in the middle ages are the "cavallini della giara", which are pony sized ones thus unsuitable for battle.

I'd put a "Sardinian axemen" unit, using woodsmen upgraded with good morale and 1 more point in defence and armour than vanilla woodsmen, adding maybe a small shield if it's compatible with the woodsman animation.

You can use the unit you created for "arab horsemen", available in sicily and the muslim lands, they would be VI saharan cavalry.
    The best is yet to come.
    ZX MiniMod: Where MTW meets AOE
    https://www.wmwiki.com/hosted/ZxMod.exe
    Now on beta 3 with playable golden horde!

Member Member dimitrios the samian's Avatar

Hi Fader
    I downloaded your mod for VI a few weeks ago and upon installing and having a look - I must say that Campaign Map is very different, mono chromatic and I think it was upside down as well ,, Why is it So ? ... I hope you add some colour to it and get it looking half as good as the vanilla version . As for gameplay I can't comment , I hope you fix this in your next release ,, cheers .
    Last edited by dimitrios the samian; 07-22-2016 at 12:50.

Hi there..

Zarax, thanks for the informations.. i thought that light cavalry in Sardegna could be important in middle-age, but you know far more informations than me about this. Anche se sono anch'io mezzo sardo, ci sono tante cose che non so ancora. Grazie

dimitrios, i'm sorry you don't like the stratmap appearing as it's exactly worked out as i intended to be. It should remind an old scroll map, made by parchment.. i understand that the color could become a bit annoying after all, but in general i received more positive feedback than negative and i'm not planning to modify it. Italy is viewed by side because it's a long peninsula, and because, if put in vertical, would be a bit of a problem to use in the game. Think about moving troops from Venezia to Sicilia. I really desired to create a map totally different from the original medieval one. Thanks for the interest!

Fader

Hello? All links in the OP are dead now, anyone still have a copy of this mod?

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Our Atomic Gamer host closed operations last year, hence the dead links. I checked our super-secret repository, but the Italian mod does not appear to be there. I might have a copy somewhere, I'll check when I get home.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Found them in my private stash, they have been uploaded to the Org's Links and Downloads section. You can get the new links in the OP of this thread. Not sure which is which between the Italy Total War and MTW Italian Mod, found both some time back hunting for lost treasures.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Quote Originally Posted by drone View Post
    Found them in my private stash, they have been uploaded to the Org's Links and Downloads section. You can get the new links in the OP of this thread. Not sure which is which between the Italy Total War and MTW Italian Mod, found both some time back hunting for lost treasures.
    Thank you sir! Got it.

Second-hand chariot salesman Senior Member macsen rufus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by drone View Post
    I know, i know, a reply four years on.... but I couldn't believe I hadn't come across this mod before. So thanks for sharing your treasure I'm giving it a whirl as Firenze for now, and it's qute enjoyable.
    ANCIENT: TW

A mod for Medieval:TW (with VI)

Discussion forum thread

Download A Game of Thrones Mod v1.4

Member Member dimitrios the samian's Avatar

Be nice to have the boot around the correct way !

Second-hand chariot salesman Senior Member macsen rufus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dimitrios the samian View Post
    Be nice to have the boot around the correct way !
    It takes a bit of getting used to, but in the end I can live with it. I've had a little fiddle in the files to correct some missing labels/translations, though, but generally it's very well done and fun to play (especially for a land-locked start position....) I chose to try the Florentines as I do like the city, but did feel a bit bad about destroying the Sienese and Pisans along the way
    ANCIENT: TW

A mod for Medieval:TW (with VI)

Discussion forum thread

Download A Game of Thrones Mod v1.4

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12