Thread: CBS does it again

Very Senior Member Gawain of Orkeny's Avatar

Default CBS does it again

CBS Does It Again

Ken Starr says that CBS News edited an interview that aired Monday night, to completely change the meaning of his statements and make it seem like he was responding to a question about the “nuclear option” to break the filibuster, when he was making an entirely different point.

I know, it’s really hard to believe that CBS News (where have you gone, Ed Murrow?) would conduct a blatantly obvious attempt to mislead the American public, and I’m just as shocked about it as all of you. Maybe more.

Power Line has this quote from an email sent by Starr to CBS News :

I sat on Saturday with Gloria Borger for 20 minutes approximately, had a wide ranging, on-camera discussion. In the piece that I have now seen, and which I gather has been lavishly quoted, CBS employed two snippets. The ‘radical departure from our history’ snippet was specifically addressed to the practice of invoking judicial philosophy as a grounds for voting against a qualified nominee of integrity and experience. I said in sharp language that that practice was wrong. I contrasted the current practice and that employed viciously against your father with what occurred during Ruth Ginsburg’s nomination process as numerous Republicans voted, rightly, to confirm a former ACLU staff worker. They disagreed with her positions as a lawyer but they voted — again rightly — to confirm her.
    Maybe they should just close the news department there before its too late.
    Fighting for Truth , Justice and the American way

Jillian & Allison's Daddy Senior Member Don Corleone's Avatar

Default Re: CBS does it again

You don't really think this is the first time since last September CBS has invented a story to make the president or America look bad, do you? Les Moonves has an agenda, and screw the facts, his 'truth' is more important. His news department will tell that 'truth' and damn anyone who gets in their way. Who even watches that drivel anymore? "Inside Edition" has more journalistic credibility.
    "A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man."
    Don Vito Corleone: The Godfather, Part 1.

"Then wait for them and swear to God in heaven that if they spew that bull to you or your family again you will cave there heads in with a sledgehammer"
    Strike for the South

Who watches CBS after they tried to take down Bush anyway? Democrats are the only people i see watching such biased news.. and theyll believe anything.

Tree Killer Senior Member Beirut's Avatar

I watched an interview on McNeil/Lehrer (PBS) with the first President Bush years back during the first Gulf War. Bush was on Air Force one and talked for several minutes. PBS showed the entire film.

Right after I watched CBS and they showed a 15 second snippet from the same piece of film. It was completely out of context. I actually yelled at the TV, "That's not what he said!"

CBS news is terrible. At least Dan Blather is gone. I always felt like I was getting his interpretation of the news insted of the news itself.
    Unto each good man a good dog

BS generally leads to exaggerated BS. All that have commented so far are simply responding to their master.

Gawain, I once thought had an open mind - beyond being a white one. He is so persistant in showing his ARSE - that I must conclude his arse is as open as his mind. How else could he possibly get others to agree with some of the crap he disects and presents as reality.

How, delusionial are you peeps?

Ken Starr's interview could be seen in its entirety, or the conversation read - on CBS .coms - so, some one's lying.

Now we all know Kenny never lied or quit on a given assignment to embarrass a President. Now, would he retract that the interview was honest? Would he proclaim that it his comments were taken out of contest? If, his masters insisted him to do so? Well, it did take him 6 years to find out that Bubba was getting blowjobs from a Jewess (some claim, they even did it on an Easter - GAH - he'll burn in hell for sure, Right beside Ken Starr, etc.).

The idea that CBS (or any honest news agency) is out to do anything, but present the truth (aside from Fox, CNN. Aljehad] as they have been allowed to find it is paranoid rightist propaganda.

What happened to you, Gawain? Did a blackman run from your battle? Or, did you run from his and feel such guilt that you feel the necessity to demean other races to secure your comfort zone within your own?

Just wondering. Never thought of you as a racist. 'Til your last few post. Thought of you as a brother - in arms - someone that experienced similar military experiences as myself. Someone whom had gotten over 'Nam, but not forgotten the sacrifice.

So, what is this BS post? Seriously. Is this a simple rallying of the conservative no brainer troops? Or, what?

So far, it is just the no-brains that have posted.

To forgive bad deeds is Christian; to reward them is Republican. 'MC' Rove
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
    ]Clowns to the right of me, Jokers to the left ... here I am - stuck in the middle with you.

Save the Whales. Collect the whole set of them.

Better to have your enemys in the tent pissin' out, than have them outside the tent pissin' in. LBJ

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

I don't think you have to change anything of what Ken Starr says, not even CBS. He seems pretty good to make a fool out of himself without any help....

Very Senior Member Gawain of Orkeny's Avatar

What happened to you, Gawain? Did a blackman run from your battle? Or, did you run from his and feel such guilt that you feel the necessity to demean other races to secure your comfort zone within your own?
    Kafir I have always considered you a freind but you are going to far . What happened they take away your riddilin? How dare you insinuate Im a racist? Some of my best friends in the Marines were black. I have friends now that are black, white , chinese , Japanese and yes even quite a few from Musilm nations

Just wondering. Never thought of you as a racist. 'Til your last few post.

This shows Im a racist

CBS Does It Again

Well I guess you didnt insinuate I was a racist you came right out and said it. LOL Sometimes it may be better to stiffle yourself mate.

So, what is this BS post? Seriously. Is this a simple rallying of the conservative no brainer troops? Or, what?
    CBS made a big deal about how even arch conservative the evil Ken Starr thought that the republicans were wrong about the filibuster. It was an outright lie. But then that never seems to bother you as long as its coming from the left. I wont resort to personally attacking you as I have too much respect for you still even after this. But please think before you accuse someone of being a racist next time.
    Last edited by Gawain of Orkeny; 05-15-2005 at 06:14.
    Fighting for Truth , Justice and the American way

I remember you called me and my whole clan that when we kicked you around in MTW once.. just thought id bring that up since we are throwing around insults.

Tree Killer Senior Member Beirut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KafirChobee

Hmm, I posted... hence, I have no brains.

I could while away the hours
    Confering with the flowers
    Consulting with the rain
    And my head I'd be scratchin'
    While my thoughts were busy hatching
    If I only had a brain

So if I'm the scarecrow, does that make you the Wicked Witch of the West or Mayor Munchkin?
    Unto each good man a good dog

Senior Member Senior Member The Black Ship's Avatar

It's an old ploy. If you can't the the facts to align with your agenda then throw mud at those that use these facts against you, discredit them.

Since we're using racism as the discrediting agent this time I'll provide you with an exemplar of this ploy, the Rev. Jesse Jackson, and just to show the flip side of the coin David Duke.

Congrats Gawain, you've obviously struck a nerve.
    All we are saying....is give peas a chance - Jolly Green Giant