Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is your favorite unit?

Default Re: What is your favorite unit?

Quote Originally Posted by Es Arkajae
    Maybe if you're on drugs or possibly had a stroke and lost all perception of reality.

The things are so inaccurate and so short ranged and slow loading that you would be far better off investing in a unit of archers whch would kill far more of the enemy than a pair of ballistas or scorpions would on a battlefield even on a good day.
    Small unit, so they gain chevrons pretty quickly, and then they do a lot of damage. The archers may kill more units on average. But I'd prefer to have the ballistas shooting at cataphracts than the archers.

But keep on thinking they are useless... I've taken out enough expensive units in multiplayer games with them to know the value of those who think they are useless.

King: AJC MEMBER(ON THE LIST) Member King Arthur's Avatar

I really like the Rhodian slingers. they never run out of ammo and are very accurate
    ' What we do in life echoes in eternity'
    Maximus: Gladiator (2000)

Capital of the New Spartan Empire -- Sparta

My slingers never seemed to be capable, of actually killing anything, mabye it was just a bug on my game? But I would try, they'd get like one or two guys in one volley if that, like they were tossing pebbels you know!!!

From all archers I prefer cretans most of all.

Quote Originally Posted by pezhetairoi
    nownow, no large font sizes here... the last guy who did 'Foresters!' in big black lettering got told off...
    That would be because Emperor Umeu 1 argues with Arrowhead a lot (especially when discussing best unit in the game). I don't think it was because of the large font.

Cretans and Rhodians are the ultimate mercenary missile units.

bull warriors and horse archers ( skythian noble archers ) are cool.

I like Bull Warriors but I've yet to have the pleasure of fighting a lot of battles with them. They have cool hats though.

King: AJC MEMBER(ON THE LIST) Member King Arthur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Siris
    My slingers never seemed to be capable, of actually killing anything, mabye it was just a bug on my game? But I would try, they'd get like one or two guys in one volley if that, like they were tossing pebbels you know!!!
    did you spread the formation width out .i found that this improved the rhodian slingers performance , although they are usually very good
    ' What we do in life echoes in eternity'
    Maximus: Gladiator (2000)

One of the Undutchables Member The Stranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craterus
    That would be because Emperor Umeu 1 argues with Arrowhead a lot (especially when discussing best unit in the game). I don't think it was because of the large font.

Cretans and Rhodians are the ultimate mercenary missile units.
    yeah, it wasn't because of the letters. it was because i like to piss Arrowhead off. but indeed Cretans are the best merc missile unit ingame

We do not sow.

Sad to see nobody mentioned Head Hurlers! They completely decimate even the heaviest enemy with their arrow fire (What arrow? ) And they have cool look, you know cut off heads as a belt

Armoured Hoplites are God-like unit, dont get any casualties from arrow fire, halts cavalry, and able to win most of the time, even get flanked or hit from rear! I believe they are scarier than Spartans.

I agree with Spear Warband too. They are overpowered. Only downside is they drain population which Germans doesn't have.

What else?.. Cretan Archers are also so overpowered, I don't use them. Catapracts are also very very cool.

If I am in the mood to waste time in battle screen, I am a big fan of Scythed Chariots. I like watching them hit the lines, micromanage them to cut through. And hit again from the back.

And I almost forgot Berserkers! They are quite fun on the walls. Especially in Barbarian Invasion.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123