Page 95 of 98 FirstFirst ... 45859192939495969798 LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,850 of 2926

Thread: Sweet Realistic Medieval Combat (Mount and Blade)

Default Re: Sweet Realistic Medieval Combat

I still play. Although I had no idea that servers could be hosted.

The horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rajpoot View Post
    I still play. Although I had no idea that servers could be hosted.
    Yes, though only for multiplayer combat, not the campaign map stuff. We're currently discussing it here and your input is welcome.

Infinite Jest Member easytarget's Avatar

And now to proudly resurrect an incredibly old thread for the sole purpose of announcing I just bought this in the steam flash sale going on right now. I look forward to jumping in!

Member thankful for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by easytarget View Post
    And now to proudly resurrect an incredibly old thread for the sole purpose of announcing I just bought this in the steam flash sale going on right now. I look forward to jumping in!
    Hoozah!
    Tho' I've belted you an' flayed you,
    By the livin' Gawd that made you,
    You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!
    Quote Originally Posted by North Korea
    It is our military's traditional response to quell provocative actions with a merciless thunderbolt.

I spent about 5 hours so far playing it and I'm having a really good time, I can see though how this is going to take me awhile to get some progression, I don't mind that, I'm just calling out that I can see how this could well be a game I spend a fair amount of time in.

I spent about 5 hours so far playing it and I'm having a really good time, I can see though how this is going to take me awhile to get some progression, I don't mind that, I'm just calling out that I can see how this could well be a game I spend a fair amount of time in.
    Happens a lot. I confess I've nearly as many hours into Mount and Blade and peripheral mods as I have spent on both Oblivion and Skyrim combined.
    And now that Bannerlord is set to come out

Is Bannerlord like M&B 2 basically?

And yes, I can see myself spending A LOT of time in this.

I lose track of stuff between sessions and forget some of what I'm up to, I see a tab for notes, but can't make heads or tails how to make a note entry, does this game really have no in-game feature for making notes?

I lose track of stuff between sessions and forget some of what I'm up to, I see a tab for notes, but can't make heads or tails how to make a note entry, does this game really have no in-game feature for making notes?
    No I'm afraid you can't take notes. You just have to remember everything going on in the world (or rely on the automated notes feature), which can be a bit overwhelming later in the game when you have your own kingdom.
    Till date Bannerlord appears to be like M&B Warband, just with more features and a comprehensive graphical overhaul. However considering the time they are taking to develop it, I'll wager it is much much more. You should check out their blog posts, they make for a fun read.

Ok, then how about this then, what is the quick and dirty on giving commands to your troops?

I've not found anyway to practice this, you're just thrown into battles with no way to get it sorted really. I need to be able to tell my ranged units to sit back and do their work from afar.

I've figured out you can hit backspace to bring up the command menu (such as it is), but I don't see anything that tells them to sit tight and fight at a distance.

So, found the command, hit backspace, brings up overlay command menu that is hard to see and manage real time in a battle. Work in progress.
    Last edited by easytarget; 06-24-2014 at 13:20. Reason: found the command

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

If you guys want some info on Mount & Blade 2 - Bannerlord, check out their blog - https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord

So yes, M&B 2 is coming
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Yep, I saw that as well. But it's got to be a little ways out, I didn't notice an ETA. Maybe I missed it.

At any rate, at least I've finally gotten around to discovering Warband! ha!

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

No precise ETA yet, except for somewhere in 2015.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Also the Napoleonic DLC is quite a lot of fun as well! Bought it when it first came out but started it up again today, I forgot how much fun it is.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Basic troop commands are available in Warband vanilla. There used to be mods that added formations (in fact I think the name of the mod was Formations), which were of limited use.
    Get the Napoleonic DLC but don't waste a dime on With Fire and Sword. Awful addon and free mods like Prophecy of Pendor are a lot better as far as content is concerned.

Members thankful for this post (2):

I agree 100% with rajpoot in regards to with fire and sword. Unless you are a fan of the books or badly represented time frame, dont waste a dime on it.
    It is our military's traditional response to quell provocative actions with a merciless thunderbolt.

Insomniac and tired of it Senior Member Slyspy's Avatar

But do play Prophecy of Pendor. I still sink much time into M&B thanks to that mod.
    "Put 'em in blue coats, put 'em in red coats, the bastards will run all the same!"

"The English are a strange people....They came here in the morning, looked at the wall, walked over it, killed the garrison and returned to breakfast. What can withstand them?"

Yes, I'm going to make a point of checking that out, thanks for reminding me. So that is the reason then I take it to play M&B some and not just Warband?

Yes, I'm going to make a point of checking that out, thanks for reminding me. So that is the reason then I take it to play M&B some and not just Warband?
    I'm pretty certain PoP is out for Warband too.
    And speaking of mods, don't forget to try out The Last Days. It's a total conversion mod like PoP but it's based on LotR. IIRC The Last Days is available only for M&B at the moment, though they have a Warband version in the works.

Yes, I mean playing PoP on Warband. There is no purpose in playing the original M&B any more.

Edit:

Except maybe TLD, which rajpoot has reminded me of. You'll need a specific version though.
    "Put 'em in blue coats, put 'em in red coats, the bastards will run all the same!"

"The English are a strange people....They came here in the morning, looked at the wall, walked over it, killed the garrison and returned to breakfast. What can withstand them?"

Quote Originally Posted by Slyspy View Post
    Yes, I mean playing PoP on Warband. There is no purpose in playing the original M&B any more.

Edit:

Except maybe TLD, which rajpoot has reminded me of. You'll need a specific version though.
    Not anymore, they released a new TLD that works on the latest version of MnB

Quote Originally Posted by Veho Nex View Post
    Not anymore, they released a new TLD that works on the latest version of MnB
    Great, a version which works with Warband at last, thanks for letting me know!

Ok, 35 hours in, had some fun, but discovered everything simply takes way too long (that's an individual judgement thing of course).

Ok, 35 hours in, had some fun, but discovered everything simply takes way too long (that's an individual judgement thing of course).
    Don't give up on it. The combat is awesome. If you feel the gameplay is slow because you're at a lower level, you can give you character a boost by editing the character files (unless you have a thing against cheating in SP games of course).
    There's also an excellent tool named something along the lines of TweakM&B that lets you change a ton of small game mechanics, from the amount of tithe paid by villagers to the relations gained, etc. I don't quite remember but I do recall there were many many options that could be used to make quests as easy or as hard as you want.

Not to worry, I had a good time. But despite what initially looks like some depth is in reality not so much. The battles are indeed quite fun, the strategic map part of the game is the very definition of tedium to me.

It's not that it's not a fine game, but I have limited free time (yeah, who doesn't) and when faced with the choice currently of this or one of many TW games I have going, or just recently my Divinity: Original Sin campaign it's not even a close call.

Again, just personal tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by Slyspy View Post
    Great, a version which works with Warband at last, thanks for letting me know!
    Sorry for misleading you. I didnt mean that it worked with Warband. The game works with the latest version of MnB which is 1.116 or something like that. There is still no TLD mod for warband, any version of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Veho Nex View Post
    Sorry for misleading you. I didnt mean that it worked with Warband. The game works with the latest version of MnB which is 1.116 or something like that. There is still no TLD mod for warband, any version of it.
    That isn't what their website says.

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Apparently a version has been released for Warband and is being actively supported;
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-last-d...-warband-patch
    https://trello.com/b/ntzYNdEA/the-la...e-warband-port

CR
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

I was not aware of that! Awesome, thanks CR and Slyspy

Bannerlord developer video blog. Mainly stuff about their map editor. Seems like a really cool tool.

Page 95 of 98 FirstFirst ... 45859192939495969798 LastLast