Thread: New mod-Age of Wonders

Default New mod-Age of Wonders

I would like to make a mod about elves, goblins, syrons. This mod will be parcially based on 'Age of Wonders'. But will include more factions and maybe a new map.

I plan to have:
    • Dark Elves
    • High Elves
    • Wood Elves
    • Imperials
    • Suthay-Raht
    • Senche-Tiger
    • Orges
    • Archons
    • Halflings
    • Dwarves
    • Syrons
    • Frostlings
    • Nomads
    • Undead
    • Goblins
    • Men of the West

As new factions. Complete over hall of units. New buildings and maybe a new map. This will be for RTW 1.5 and hopefully i plan to release another one for MTWII.

P.s. If i can i will try and add the missing factions from AoW, like Shadow demons and Draconians. If anyones interested Pm me, if you like the AoW you can also contact me.
    Last edited by Carl_B; 05-07-2006 at 21:02.

Default Re: New mod-Age of Wonders

Sounds great, i love the game AoW, but your gonna need modellers and skinners to do this mod.

Yeh your write and from my experience they are rare to find, But hopefully someone here is and they would like to help. Ive started putting a list together of units for Dark Elves. I am able to put most of the coding but if i cant im sure i can look it up somewhere.

I am busy with my mod early rome total war but im sure i can help you out. I dont mind designing units, getting research and doing a bit of coding.

Please would anyone else like to help out.

I would like to have your help. If anyone else is intrested PM.

Ill try setting up forums in TWcentre, Totalrome and RTRforum. Or could you do that for me kburkert.

Heres a picture of what i would like the Dark Elves spearmen to look like

Because of seggestions i have decided to make this all about 'Age of Wonders Shadow Magic', heres the details;

This mod is about the pc turn based game 'Age of wonders Shadow Magic'.
    The story of the game is as follows

After the magical war that made the foundations of the cosmos quake, Merlin was victorious over the Circle of Traitorous Wizards, and ascended to the Wizard's Throne in Evermore. But before Merlin could settle into his new role, a terrible cataclysm struck the war-ravaged world.

The war between the Wizards awoke a force of great darkness. Cosmic rifts began to appear at the sources of magical power, tearing asunder the very fabric of the world. Unearthly creatures began to pour from the nodes and towers that Wizards had once used to help their people, destroying everything they came across. The final rift appeared at Evermore, destroying the Wizard's Throne, and sucking Merlin into an alternate plane of existence, the Shadow World.

The people of the lands learned to fear and hate all things magical in nature. Fostering their fear, the theocrat Phobius rose to power under the banner of the abolition of magic, promising to only use his own arcane powers to that end.

In this age of darkness, the ancient races suffered greatly due to their magical nature. Stripped of their former power, the wizards retreated to the far corners of the world, in hiding from the Phobian Empire. It was then that from the Void beyond the Rifts, Merlin was able to contact a group of these exiled wizards. He urged them to unite, explore the origins of the shadow world, defeat the Phobian Empire, and bring an end to this Dark Age.

There will be new Historical events, new factions, new characters and more to be named soon.

P.s I have lead a team before on a mod, but not as big as this.

I posted this because i put this together i am not the project manager, just a good friend to Carl_B
    Last edited by kburkert; 05-08-2006 at 18:16.

Axebitten Modder Senior Member Dol Guldur's Avatar

I would strongly suggest you focus on a small part of the map and about 3 factions. Aim to have that playable. With a team alternating between 5-8 committed productive members you might have it complete in about 18 months depending on how deep you go.

My advice would be, ideally, to throw your enthusiasm behind already-existing mods but you are of course free to start your own and, should you progress to reach whatever criteria the forum sets to justify hosting of new mods, I wish you the best of luck! ;)
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."

This mod is closed due to lack of intrest (was a bit big).

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

Its unfortunate, but full conversion mods don't pop into existance on a whim. You need to be willing to do all of it by yourself, and if someone else turns up to help, see that as a bonus.

Don't be disheartened by this, just aim lower to start with. It would be pretty damn cool just to make one of the units you suggested

This thread is closed as the mod is no longer under development. If anyone would like to take it up, contact Epistolary Richard.