Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: ZHAN GUO Mod, Warring States in China

Insanity perhaps is inevitable Member shifty157's Avatar

Default Re: ZHAN GUO Mod, Warring States in China

Thats some very impressive work. Awesome job.

Are you sure the ladder thing can be used though? And wont the catapult need a new skeleton?

What did china have in the way of explosives by this time period?

Keep up the incredible work.

do you know the china's civilization at the time ? if you want to get some information please to
    http://www.chinahistoryforum.com

in fact china have many incredible things at the time

Thats some very impressive work. Awesome job.

Are you sure the ladder thing can be used though? And wont the catapult need a new skeleton?

What did china have in the way of explosives by this time period?

Keep up the incredible work.
    For the ladder, it was said to be the work of the legendary craftsman Gongshu Ban. The ladder cart is a combination of mobility, cover, and ladder and allows elite troops to quickly ascend walls quickly.

The catapult is designed to be such so that it could switch directions quickly without the need of adjusting the whole engine.

As for the way of explosives, I don't think the entire world came up with explosives at that time. Pots of burning oil is probably the closest thing to it. We do have defensive incendiaries including molten copper and iron (we call them metallic water) as well as boiling wax and oil (pretty standard). We also covered logs with oil soaked hay and set them alight and rolled them down siege ladders to dissuade attackers.
    ZHAN GUO TW at CHF
    ZHAN GUO TW at TWC
    If you are interested in becoming part of the Zhan Guo Modding team, please contact Waitcu at the below 2 emails:
    foxadams@21cn.com
    waitcu@hotmail.com

Need translation service from English to Chinese?
    Cheapest rates available!
    http://www.mychinesetranslation.com

Quote Originally Posted by sephodwyrm
    For the ladder, it was said to be the work of the legendary craftsman Gongshu Ban. The ladder cart is a combination of mobility, cover, and ladder and allows elite troops to quickly ascend walls quickly.

Thats very interesting. But what i meant was can the ladder be used in the game? i dont know very much about modding but i dont think its possible. i may be wrong though.

Offtopic but when was the mongol invasion of china?
    Last edited by shifty157; 06-07-2005 at 05:55.

Exclamation up there

it can be use , we are making it let it come true

The Mongol Invasion of China takes place more than a millenia after this (around 1276-1279 AD). It took the Mongols several campaigns and the death of a Khan to accomplish this. However, this has little (next to nothing) to do with the MOD.

In any case, during the period of Warring States, the Xiong Nu rose as the most powerful northern nomadic tribe as the tribes of Di were defeated one by one by the state of Jin. The Xiong Nu would periodically launch incursions into the Central Plains and became a serious menace by the height of the Warring States. The state of Zhao had a famous general Li Mu that defeated a huge Xiong Nu invasion force. After the unification, the emperor Shi Huangdi sent general Meng Tian with an expeditionary force of 300000 and defeated the Xiong Nu in a decisive battle, forcing them to retreat for 300 km up north. The newly unified China thus reclaimed the Loop Region of the Yellow River.

Meng Tian would maintain garrison there and increase the fortifications already there. This would be known as the great wall project initiated by the First Emperor. His task was mainly to join together the walls that were already built by the states of Yan and Zhao. Contrary to popular belief, the Great Wall is not the border of China and the Xiong Nu. In fact, it was built within Chinese territory. The Great Wall does, however, represent the first line of defense.
    ZHAN GUO TW at CHF
    ZHAN GUO TW at TWC
    If you are interested in becoming part of the Zhan Guo Modding team, please contact Waitcu at the below 2 emails:
    foxadams@21cn.com
    waitcu@hotmail.com

Blog Entries

Wow. Map is looking really good. This will definantly be a top priority download when it becomes available. I love this era in Chinese History.

Yeah china do have many bloody war over it course history, the three kingdom is not really the bloodiest but to me it consider one. Anyway the mod is look really awsome and I can't wait to get it once it out, oh the Qin is really one of my favorite state though. However, during this period it really just a lot of disunity and every city is kinda ruled by some faction or house though. The ladder is going to work like a fire truck right? cause when it arrive near the wall the ladder should be able to extent like the one in the chf showed.
    Last edited by vale; 06-07-2005 at 09:17.
    Lord of Lucius
    No Matter what Pathes You Take All Lead To Death!

here post another pic

here i want to find some help with the file *.BPI
    we find that this file is control the behavior of soldier attack the city ,like capture the wall , attack the door etc, but we don't know how to edit these file . could somebody tell me ? because it relate to our work of the screenshot up there .

EB insanity coordinator Senior Member khelvan's Avatar

Just a quick suggestion - you may want to consider having the Chinese displayed in Pinyin. It could be a useful bridge between Chinese-only speakers and English-only speakers. It is certainly helping me to learn Chinese.

Even if you don't, if you provide English translations, for many things I would suggest transliteration rather than full translation; transliteration to Pinyin gives a romance language speaker a chance to pronounce the words.

I can't help with translation, my Mandarin is horrible, but I can help you with transliteration, if you are interested.
    Cogita tute

Unhappy Re: ZHAN GUO Mod, Warring States in China

well thank you for your suggestion . i think , we will provide a game two langues both chinese and english , the city will display in pinyin and china's character . i think that's a easy work to do , but if you can help us to create the soldiers models it would be useful ,what's more could you help us to enlarge the map ?? i have ever use your team's tool , but not complete understand the function :)
    if so please contact me
    foxadams@21cn.com or waitcu@hotmail.com

Those walls are VERY impressive. This mod is VERY impressive.

EB insanity coordinator Senior Member khelvan's Avatar

When you say "your team's tool," are you referring to MrHide's TiME? The map editor? I'm really a newbie when it comes to map editting, I just play around with TiME. I do the code integration for Europa Barbarorum. I would be happy to help however I can, though.
    Cogita tute

Just a quick suggestion - you may want to consider having the Chinese displayed in Pinyin. It could be a useful bridge between Chinese-only speakers and English-only speakers. It is certainly helping me to learn Chinese.

Even if you don't, if you provide English translations, for many things I would suggest transliteration rather than full translation; transliteration to Pinyin gives a romance language speaker a chance to pronounce the words.

I can't help with translation, my Mandarin is horrible, but I can help you with transliteration, if you are interested.
    Don't worry about it. Everyone in China knows HYPY. In the mainland, the whole pronounciation system was romanized several decades ago.

I would be leading the translation department. I would ensure that everything is understandable.
    ZHAN GUO TW at CHF
    ZHAN GUO TW at TWC
    foxadams@21cn.com
    waitcu@hotmail.com

Wow, this is looking really good, guys. Keep it up.

yes that's the tool , could your team can help us to create models and enlarge the map ???? if so , i will sent you the soldiers' script pictures to you .
    you know , many code files we should finish by ourself at the same time when making the mod :)
    btw, do you have RTW 1.2 unedit files at \Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\Data\text ? if you have please make a pack and sent it to me .
    foxadams@21cn.com
    i have a rtw mod like realism mod need to translate in english . and release later . we got a big success in this mod in china :) here i sent some works to show you .

hey everybody here i post a link , it's a rome movie make by our teamate . enjoy it
    http://www.cgmv.net/movie/playWMV.asp?id=107

Hey I can't get the video does it work with some kind of special internet stuff?
    Lord of Lucius

here is another downlorad link , try it
    http://219.239.217.133/down/luxiang/yhdgse.rmvb

oh , it's a link from china . i will try to sent to a taiwan's friend, and use their server to be a download add.

That picture of all those models is from a mod in chinese?? Those models look nice!!! So it's like the Rome Total Realism Mod ???? More info! more screenshots! Release for english readers, speakers!!

so is this zhan gou going to work the vanilla 1.1 or do I have to patch the second 1.2? I got the cheat enable in my rome total war. so I won't be able to use it if it only work with 1.2
    Lord of Lucius

yes , this models all done by chinese , and the systems like zor system has been researched by ourself, what's more you can built all temples in one city . there are many amusing elements in this mod , i can't say it's better than realism , but it won't worse than it :)

cheat?hahahha,our mod is base 1.2 , actually 1.2 can use the cheat for no limit , just edit a file.if you want to do this my mod will done it .
    in fact we release this mod want to get some sponsor for our zhanguo mod's developmaent . we got about 20 mens to develop this mod ,if we get nothing to encourage my teammates , i think they will disband .so that's i don't want to see . also do you .

hey guy , i will make a new fourm in here later , and post all the screenshot , what this mod's content . please wait . this mod will soon release , and become another top download like realism . btw , do you think the rtw's fans will give us some sponsor ?

Angry Re: ZHAN GUO Mod, Warring States in China

Quote Originally Posted by waitcu
    hey guy , i will make a new fourm in here later , and post all the screenshot , what this mod's content . please wait . this mod will soon release , and become another top download like realism . btw , do you think the rtw's fans will give us some sponsor ?
    i mean the mod up there is the mod like realism not zhanguo mod

Alright, the PILLAR team is responsible for 2 mods.

The PILLAR MOD (the one with expanded Rome TW units, etc) which is pretty much done...
    and the forthcoming ZHAN GUO mod.

If you are an expert in 3d Studio or PS please contact us.
    ZHAN GUO TW at CHF
    ZHAN GUO TW at TWC
    foxadams@21cn.com
    waitcu@hotmail.com

good

AWSOME!!!!!
    Im so glad im not a modder, that looks like it took forever!!!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast