Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ZHAN GUO Mod, Warring States in China

Default ZHAN GUO Mod, Warring States in China

CHF and PILLAR MODDING TEAM proudly announces:
    ZHAN GUO TOTAL WAR

The year is 480 BC.

The feudal Zhou dynasty has lasted for nearly 6 centuries, and it groans under the weight of the years.

The feudal order of the Etiquettes are collapsing on all fronts. The great sage Confucius nears the end of his life, lamenting the corruption of social order, where the lord is no longer a lord, a servant no longer a servant, where son slays father, and father does not spare his son.

The once great state of Jin is but a mere shadow of its former self. Her great houses of Zhao, Wei, Han, Zhi, Fan and Zhong Hang, plot and war against each other. The house of Tian now has complete control over the governance of Qi, and the 3 Huan of Lu monopolizes state politics. The age of dukes and barons are over. A new age of kings is approaching.

To the south, the native people of Wu and Yue have molded their states into powerful kingdoms after the great states of the Central Plains. The king of Wu, Fu Chai, leads an invincible army to contest the title of Supreme Lord, trained under the legendary Sun Wu himself. The Yue under king Gou Jian acts as a vassal, but secretly plots to destroy their master.

The warfare will not end. It has not ended since it started in 770 BC when the Son of Heaven was slain at Li Mountain.

Only 1 state will call for an end to this unending strife, and the only way is war.
    This is Warring States, Total War.

Zhan Guo MOD is a project done by Rome TW enthusiasts and is led by drackla and the pillar team. Many members also participated in the Great Qin Empire mod. This mod will have a historically accurate Chinese map and 14 playable factions (which might be subject to change).

PILLAR MOD LEADER
    - Drackla 德拉克拉

CHF leader of the MOD
    - General Zhaoyun, founder and admin
    - Sephodwyrm, English language spokesman, Concept Artist, Historian, Translator

15% of the units are done.
    General layout and outline of maps are done.
    Basic concept arts for major Chinese states are done. Moving on to expanded series.

VISIT our HEADQUARTERS
    http://www.chinahistoryforum.com/ind...showtopic=3996
    CHF HEADQUARTERS
    http://game.ali213.net/showthread.php?thre...30&pagenumber=2
    YOUXIA HEADQUARTERS

I entertain all questions about this era of Chinese History on CHF or here. I check this thread less often though.... ;)
    Last edited by sephodwyrm; 08-07-2005 at 23:34.
    ZHAN GUO TW at CHF
    ZHAN GUO TW at TWC
    If you are interested in becoming part of the Zhan Guo Modding team, please contact Waitcu at the below 2 emails:
    foxadams@21cn.com
    waitcu@hotmail.com

Need translation service from English to Chinese?
    Cheapest rates available!
    http://www.mychinesetranslation.com

Default Re: ZHAN GUO Mod, Warring States in China

SCREENSHOTS
    ZHAN GUO TW at CHF
    ZHAN GUO TW at TWC
    If you are interested in becoming part of the Zhan Guo Modding team, please contact Waitcu at the below 2 emails:
    foxadams@21cn.com
    waitcu@hotmail.com

CONCEPT ARTS
    ZHAN GUO TW at CHF
    ZHAN GUO TW at TWC
    foxadams@21cn.com
    waitcu@hotmail.com

Very nice looking units. Great skinning also can't wait for the campaign map screenies aswell as this mod looks promising.
    Nothing interesting here, Move along folks

The Lion Prince Member Sundjata Keita's Avatar

Very good concept art you have there, the units also look very good although I suggest changing the face slightly so it looks less generic. Good luck with it.

Wonderful! I really new idea!
    And the concept art looks promising…
    Um dia destes mudo a minha assinatura!

Insanity perhaps is inevitable Member shifty157's Avatar

impressive. keep us updated. id like to see where this goes.

Thanks guys. I'll provide a few details to this MOD.

Well, basically, after playing RTW, a bunch of college kids and young office workers decided to get together and make a MOD that will provide:
    1. a solid entertaining experience
    2. an opportunity to provide an immersion in the period that gave birth to many things that people would recognize as Chinese right now
    3. a historically accurate representation of the period (limited by the engine) and hence a history lesson
    These are basically what I think Shogun TW has done extremely successfully.

So we settled the time period to start from 480 BC. The introduction provided in the first post explains the situation pretty well. The Zhou dynasty has been around for 6 centuries. Yes, and the dynasty is basically SCREWED. I can delve into history lectures another day. We have to get to the main point.

There are numerous feudal lords at this time. Apart from a few non-Huaxia (Huaxia was the people that we would consider the Central Plains Chinese) kingdoms, the feudal lords have various titles and holdings. You play as one of them and hopefully change the situation.

So there, a very basic introduction. We are planning
    - at least 14 Houses
    - possibly some non-standard factions (Qiang, Xiongnu, Baiyue etc)
    - at 1 unique unit per House
    - Chinese...and not accented English (as in RTW). I always played Shogun TW in Japanese because it gives atmosphere
    - Yeah, talking about atmosphere. Our own music (hopefully)
    - Unique building sets, tech trees, ships
    These are pretty standard I guess. I'd be heading the translation department once the Mod is done since we're doing all the work in Chinese.

Btw, thanks very much for the enthusiasm and suggestions. I will be talking to the 3D team about generic faces.
    ZHAN GUO TW at CHF
    ZHAN GUO TW at TWC
    foxadams@21cn.com
    waitcu@hotmail.com

The Orgs Prophet of RATM Member IrishMike's Avatar
    Somewhere in the defensive area of a soccer field, slaughtering puny strikers.

Looks like a great mod. Are u planning to include a senate type faction, or wait to the realease of the x-pack where you don't have to have a senate type faction.
    When ignorance reigns life is lost.

War is norm, Fight the War, Screw the norm!

From friend Coldknight:
    Looks like a great mod. Are u planning to include a senate type faction, or wait to the realease of the x-pack where you don't have to have a senate type faction.
    Well, there'll be a senate type faction...in fact, if we go for history authenticity there'll be a rather complex relations.

The biggest state of China at that time is the the dukedom of Jin. Jin herself has to answer to what remains of the central authority of Zhou dynasty. Within Jin, however, it is divided into 6 great houses. So we have these 6 houses answering to the duke of Jin who in turns answers to the Son of Heaven (the Zhou dynasty) with a bunch of other dukes.

Not sure how we are going to implement that though. However, Jin would fracture into 3 states of Han, Zhao and Wei before 400 BC. The game starts in 480 BC, so you have about 80 years to make or break the state either as the Duke or as a Chief of a major House.
    ZHAN GUO TW at CHF
    ZHAN GUO TW at TWC
    foxadams@21cn.com
    waitcu@hotmail.com

Blog Entries

sounds interesting, did RotK mod die out?

I don't really know about the RotK Mod. You got any links?
    ZHAN GUO TW at CHF
    ZHAN GUO TW at TWC
    foxadams@21cn.com
    waitcu@hotmail.com

hihi , here is waitcu from china , i am a teammate of the pillar mod team , nice to meet everybody here . if you want to provide some help to us and give us some sponsor, please contact me , foxadams@21cn.com or waitcu@hotmail.com

CeltiberoRamiroI Member Monkwarrior's Avatar
    Salduie/Caesaraugusta/ Sarakusta/Saragossa

Good luck with the mod, mates.

Keeping it in Chinese would make the whole mod kind of a niche product. It looks to me as though you all are doing a good job, but I won't play it if I don't know what my messages say.

Well, if you played Shogun TW, that's is what we meant. We want the events, unit orders, music and sound etc to be authentically Chinese.

As for user texts etc, the translation department (me included) will make sure that everything is provided in clear and correct English.
    So, chances are that the game would be approachable for any English using gamers here. I personally would be using the English mode because my computer can't read Chinese...(I just see question marks all day).

If my English ability is in question, feel free to pelt me with questions about the mod. I'll answer them to the best of my abilities in English...
    ZHAN GUO TW at CHF
    ZHAN GUO TW at TWC
    foxadams@21cn.com
    waitcu@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by sephodwyrm
    Well, if you played Shogun TW, that's is what we meant. We want the events, unit orders, music and sound etc to be authentically Chinese.

As for user texts etc, the translation department (me included) will make sure that everything is provided in clear and correct English.
    So, chances are that the game would be approachable for any English using gamers here. I personally would be using the English mode because my computer can't read Chinese...(I just see question marks all day).

If my English ability is in question, feel free to pelt me with questions about the mod. I'll answer them to the best of my abilities in English...
    I loved Shogun and I understand your concerns surrounding atmosphere. Shogun felt better to play than the others do..

Alright, then, you have my full support.

sephodwyrm the units look great I like how you done to the cavalry with those spear. They should be accurate, also the spearmen should be having those kind of spear IMO because that is what they use in those day. The peasant could be change to have a little more variety of unit in it, for example have them carry different weapon since they are make up of citizen so not all of them have the same weapon type. The swordman armour look like those of legionary though, so it will be much more accurate if they wearing the same type of armour from the cavalry. Overall I look forward to the release of this mod, does it also work with the client kingdom mod? Or I have to install the freshly vanilla in order to play?
    Lord of Lucius
    No Matter what Pathes You Take All Lead To Death!

From friend vale
    sephodwyrm the units look great I like how you done to the cavalry with those spear. They should be accurate, also the spearmen should be having those kind of spear IMO because that is what they use in those day. The peasant could be change to have a little more variety of unit in it, for example have them carry different weapon since they are make up of citizen so not all of them have the same weapon type. The swordman armour look like those of legionary though, so it will be much more accurate if they wearing the same type of armour from the cavalry. Overall I look forward to the release of this mod, does it also work with the client kingdom mod? Or I have to install the freshly vanilla in order to play?
    I agree. I almost got into an argument with the team when they decided to give peasant soldiers ploughs. They should be wielding short spears. Only rebel peasants who don't have access to weapons use ploughs.

The swordman armor is actually accurate (or as accurate as I can make them)...I designed them after the terracotta army heavy infantries. The cavalry units wear light armor, but there was a stone armor and helmet that was unearthed nearby the Terracotta Army pits that point to heavy armor as well.

I personally think the biggest eye candies would be the 4 horse chariots.
    ZHAN GUO TW at CHF
    ZHAN GUO TW at TWC
    foxadams@21cn.com
    waitcu@hotmail.com

Smile well our mod must be the best mod in the world

we will find the all the history information and show you a completely Chinese civilization before you . not just so 3d models .

Sephodwyrm, I have seen some of the early version of your work in chf it was pretty impressive. Anyway think you can upload the units so I can try them out with my julii faction? I will be producing only those units. Oh when your mod is complete it will going to be awsome, and the pict post by hansioux is really impressive.
    Last edited by vale; 06-05-2005 at 07:45.
    Lord of Lucius

yes i must say nice units

Hansioux has a picture post?

Well, I have a new image to share.
    ZHAN GUO TW at CHF
    ZHAN GUO TW at TWC
    foxadams@21cn.com
    waitcu@hotmail.com

Good news today.

My sloppy works have attracted a great deal of attention from the true masters. We are now trying our best to make them participate in our MOD.

Expect improvments if we're successful.
    If we're not, expect slightly better works. I am trying hard to improve.

WORK OF TRUE MASTER
    ZHAN GUO TW at CHF
    ZHAN GUO TW at TWC
    foxadams@21cn.com
    waitcu@hotmail.com

Very nice 10 out of 10

This also called three kingdom so why don't you guys team up with the China: Total War - Three Kingdoms
    BassV2

they just have a different name and also their project is dying as well. :*(
    Lord of Lucius

Default hey guy , this is a complete different form mod three kingdoms

hey guy , this is a complete different form mod three kingdoms,
    the three kingdoms's period is A.D 220-A.D 280 , why the three kingdoms is dying .because the mod team didn't know how to creat a new china's map ,and not this team is disband . and now ,this technology is broke through.and the work is continue by a man just a man in charge . our team is helping him to contiune it .
    ZHAN GUO Mod, it use china's map , china's nations , china's real history (B.C 475─B.C 221), china's classical music etc . so i tell you this is a new game of total war not just a mod game .so please make clear the china's history
    here is a web you can find the period out .
    http://www.coinculture.com/Images/history/10s.htm

and we won't give up the work of this mod , it's won't die in any way i promises you .
    ZHAN GUO Mod, Warring States in China will show you the greatest civilization at the time in the world.
    here i post the map , don't make any rumour guy

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast