Thread: Battle Environments

Senior Member Senior Member hoggy's Avatar

Default Battle Environments

Abokasee posted:

Hoggy may I remind you about one the main things in war THE CASTLE'S!!!!! what kind models will walls look like indian will be easy take an eygptian or eastern wall the your done,For deamon you could have a wall made of mud,skeleton bone and spears sticking out whilest all the others (japan mainly) have a sort of stone at bottum reinforced planks above. obvisly no will building sand castles!!! there big boys so there gonna have these and try to not PLEASE REPLIE!!!

Shifty: hoggy will be remodeling most all of the buildings at some point.

As for what the walls will look like im sure hoggy has some interesting ideas for the factions.

Hoggy: Yup, that's right, the battle buildings will be rebuilt eventually although I don't think we will be creating as many unique buildings as RTW, there just isn't time.
    Abokasee, do you mind if I rename this thread and then we can keep it as a thread for all Battle environment posts.

If anyone has any good building reference for any of the factions that hasn't been posted before please post picturex or links here.
    Last edited by hoggy; 06-06-2005 at 09:02.

Default Re: Battle Environments

Check out the movie Princess Mononoke for some good enviroments. Pretty good movie as well.
    -If you want to critisize some one, walk a mile in their shoes. So when you critisize them you will be a mile away and have their shoes.

-A man does not discover new lands without losing sight of the shore.

Proud Member of the Anti-Jamster Crusade

Will there be a Forbidden City at Peking?

Download Google Earth and zoom down for a very detailed shot of it. You can see individual people walking along the footpaths and entering the gates..

http://earth.google.com/

AoM: TW Director Member Lonely Soldier's Avatar
    Brisbane, Australia... but hopefully not for too long.

"indian will be easy take an eygptian or eastern wall the your done"?
    Has anyone ever seen Indian architecture? Its considerably different to the Eastern architecture in Rome:
    THE AGE OF MANKIND
    - Deceased

Just your average dragoon Member DragoonXXIV's Avatar

Actually for an architectural stand-point it's not too different. Sure there are some differences and the little extras / colors are different but the general layout and shape rather similar. In fact for large structures of that day most buildings were similar because of the lack of development of architectural design. The big difference was the greeks and romans with their love of columns and circles, however for regular (private) buildings the exterior is quite similar.

Note: I'm not an architect, and any views presented within are derived from my brief knowledge of history and architecture. If anyone is a professional and states otherwise i recommend following their words.