Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: STW IS FULLY MODIFIABLE! LEARN HOW TO MAKE IT INTO ANYTHING YOU WANT

Yes, at this point they work essentially like modern infantry mortars, with high-trajectory fire. That's the way the thunderbombs work, there's nothing I can do about it. But I don't the EFFECT of being able to have some troops in front of them is ENTIRELY unrealistic, even if the pure concept is.

------------------
    Khan7

Summa Rudis Senior Member Catiline's Avatar

I thought that it might work like that. BTW i can spell realistic really

------------------
    Oderint dum metuant
    Quo usque tandem abutere, Catilina, patientia nostra

Kudos for some really great work Khan7. It was well worth the effort and much appreciated. You asked for some addenda where your data might not be accurate or correct and here are a few observations that might help you.

[1] Check out your Region ID list for Kyushu Island regions. 6 = Chikugo; 7 = Buzen; 8 = Hizen; 9 = Chikuzen; I think you'll find is the correct order there. The same thing occurs in your listings for the regions of Shikoku and the west end of Honsu. Here you'll find: 12 = Iyo; 13 = Tosa; 14 = Iwami; 15 = Aki; 16 = Izumo; 17 = Bingo; 18 = Sanuki, and so on.

[2] In your Commands list you ended with:
    'SetStartDaimyo:: [clan][??].'
    I safely can tell you that [??] is the ID number of the heir who will begin a campaign as Daimyo. And yes, they all seem to have been numbered. Clans in the 1580 campaign have mostly #3 and #4 heirs starting as Daimyo,because historically, almost all the #1 and #2 entities already would have died by that date. (More on Daimyo and heirs later).

[3] In Unit IDs, this may already be redundant info, but the ID numbers you marked as wrong after the 'Geisha = 13' and before the 'Priest = 22' were assigned to all the mongol units and other new units in the WE were assigned these numbers. You correctly listed the 'Naginata Cav.' unit accordingly as '= 18' but did not list the 'Ashigaru-Crossbowmen = 17' and so forth.
    You might want to review this list.

Now, to return to the subject of Daimyo units and heirs, I understand that there is data in the game determining the ID numbers of heirs, their names and their birth years which governs when in a campaign they will come of age and become available to lead units in the game. I believe the Hojo heir #18 is the starting Daimyo (Hojo Regent) for the 13th century Mongol campaign. Most of the heirs we know in the game can only appear in the 16th century. When I tried using Takeda Nobutora(?) in a 1470 campaign he operationally started that campaign at the unripe non-age of -18 (having to wait until 1488 to be born). Luckily, he was schedualed to have his first son in 1496 at the age of 8.

So I think you see what I'm getting at here, and my question is, how can we edit and create believable and consistant daimyo and heirs for our edited campaign games?

Certainly the existing heirs work well, so long as one doesn't edit a campaign game that takes place before 1500 or later than 1300. Some of us would like to attempt a Gempei War based campaign (era of Taira Kyomori c.1150-1185) or an Onin war (c.1460-1476)or Warring Courts (c.1330-1380)campaign games. How could any of these be done without editing new Daimyo and heirs?

I'd appreciate anyone's help in overcoming this obstacle. Otherwise, I think we're just strictly limited to editing an unending series of Sengoku-jidai era 'what-if...' campaigns and progressive variations on the hypothetical Mongol Invasion theme.

What do you think?

The Commands is this:

The Damyio is of course[clan] "0" Rebels
    It is not the Heirs it is the Daimyo.
    ie SetStartDaimyo 0 7 =Ikowa
    0 8 = Koteda
    0 10 = Chosokobe
    This is the Ronin Daymio in 1335 AD

P.
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you on the field of battle, and hear the lamentation of their women.

Greetings, Auxerre...or should I perhaps say Arikasada-san? One day I hope to meet you in battle on the beaches at Ichi-no-tani or the on the slopes around Chihaya fortress...

Thanx for the further research Auxere! And the ID numbers for the regions may not make sense, but have you tested them? All I know is that I got them all worked out and then went back and tried to make my own campaign, and found that those were the values, and I had been wrong before. I'd suggest you actually test the values, and get back to me.

As far as all of the other info, when I get a chance I will add it all to my archive, most probably giving credit to whoever discovered it. Thanx guys! Looks like I'm building up to be close to enough to be able to make a good v1.2..

------------------
    Khan7

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Khan7:
    [B]Thanx for the further research Auxere! And the ID numbers for the regions may not make sense, but have you tested them?

Actually I have. The ID numbers follow the same order as the provinces do themselves, were you to cycle through them backwards from the building menu. Of course, you'd need to control all the regions in Western Japan and be able to build in them to test it.

I'd still like to see some work on the Daimyo.

Have you tested these regions SPECIFICALLY?? I can 99% guarantee you that they break the overriding pattern.. you can't assume ANYTHING with this stuff.

------------------
    Khan7

Honestly, in your Topic, 'Guide for Campaign Startpos Files txt.,' you listed the Kyushu regions as follows:

1 = Satsuma
    2 = Osumi
    3 = Hyuga
    4 = Higo
    5 = Bungo
    6 = Chikugo
    7 = Chikuzen
    8 = Hizen
    9 = Buzen

Now, if you look in the 'Sengoku Jidai.txt' file at the 'SetRegionOwner::' commands you'll see the regions I questioned as:

SetRegionOwner:: 6 4 (Chikugo)
    SetRegionOwner:: 7 1 (Buzen)
    SetRegionOwner:: 8 4 (Hizen)
    SetRegionOwner:: 9 4 (Chikuzen)

... which means that you've either switched Buzen and Chikuzen in your list (my observation), or in the WE Sengoku Jidai Campaign you'll find that Buzen will belong to Imagawa and Chikuzen will end up belonging to Shimazu ( according the order given in the region list in the Topic 'Guide for Campaign Startpos Files.txt'). Well as it happens, Buzen is Shimazu's and Chikuzen is Imagawa's and that's my easiest test.

I wouldn't ask you to conquer all of Western Japan (not always the easiest of tasks even when playing Shimazu or Mori) just to cycle backwards through the province build menu, and that's my harder test.

Now for the others I mentioned, in your region list I read:

10 = Nagato
    11 = Suo
    12 = Iwami
    13 = Tosa
    14 = Iyo
    15 = Aki

... while again in 'Sengoku Jidai.txt' the 'SetRegionOwner::' commands show a slightly different assignment of ID numbers:

SetRegionOwner:: 10 1 (Nagato)
    SetRegionOwner:: 11 2 (Suo)
    SetRegionOwner:: 12 0 (Iyo)
    SetRegionOwner:: 13 0 (Tosa)
    SetRegionOwner:: 14 2 (Iwami)
    SetRegionOwner:: 15 5 (Aki)

Again, if both listings are correct, Iwami would necessarily belong to the rebels in the Sengoku campaign and Tosa, with it's added honour for Ashigaru units, would belong to the Mori Clan.

I hope I've understood your questions correctly and clarified my previous observations, but I can't help feeling, Khan7, that we are not completely understanding one another on this issue. And, as always, I await your help with the question of editing and adding Daimyo in other periods beyond the 13th and 16th centuries. All your work is deeply appreciated, applied and honoured by this user.

OHHHHHH, hey buddy, you don't have v1.1 yet! That explains it!

That was one of the changes I made to v1.1, hehe.

------------------
    Khan7

Is there a list somewhere of which provinces correspond to what numbers - for the whole campaign map?

[This message has been edited by GrumpyOMO (edited 09-01-2001).]

ok, how does one get one's hands on v1.1?

Thanks for sending your Mod Guide, Khan. You say that virtually everything is editable except graphics (so far!). I wonder if it possible to change the following? :

a) Price of units and structures. If gamers decide they want to edit units drastically then they will probably need to change the cost too. Plus many feel the MHC are too cheap (currently same price as JHC?)

b) Discipline rating. What exactly is 'discipline' as portrayed in MI anyway? This was touted as a major new feature before release and was supposedly unit formation cohesion and ability to follow orders (ie won't be 'impetuous' or reluctant). The only mention I've seen so far is in relation to the drill dojo and routing.

Anybody any thoughts?

Senior Member Senior Member Kraellin's Avatar

currently we cant edit prices/costs. so what has to be done is mod the stats we can mod to make them the right stats for their existing costs.

the discipline thing would seem to be very related to the new morale settings and to the daimyo proximity. having the daimyo closer to any unit gives a morale boost or 'discipline' to that unit and make thems settle down more. it's hardly noticable, given the much higher morale ratings, but supposedly it's there.

K.

------------------
    I'm sorry, but i never apologize.

Default Re: STW IS FULLY MODIFIABLE! LEARN HOW TO MAKE IT INTO ANYTHING YOU WANT

Quote Originally Posted by Catiline View Post
    Khan at the moment htis can best be dealt with in Editing and Mods where it belongs and where people who are really interested in it can discuss your findings. So I am going to move it. As I've posted elsewhere today at the moment i'm making a real effort to keep stuff in the right forums.

I hope you're right though, well done for putting in all that effort, 12hrs is a LONG time

------------------
    Oderint dum metuant

[This message has been edited by Catiline (edited 08-23-2001).]

hey can you please help me out with the japmap_startpos.dat i searched all over for it and istill don;'t know how to fix it if u can help me ill be greatful thanks

Default Re: STW IS FULLY MODIFIABLE! LEARN HOW TO MAKE IT INTO ANYTHING YOU WANT

Welcome joint.m91,

AFAIK, that file is a binary and thus cannot be edited. Try opening the file in notepad (or notepad++) and if you see 'garbage', it's definitely a binary.

As this is a very old thread, I will now close it. Please make a new thread here if you wish to continue the discussion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12