Poll: What are you, Politically?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Political Views

Scandinavian and loving it Member Lazul's Avatar

Default Re: Political Views

wow, when reading this list im kinda suprised so many in here could have been close buddies with Stalin, Franco, Moussulini (sp?) and Hitler.
    For you people WW2 must have been a tragic defeat.

Good thing my semi-spanish friend didnt read this since his uncle had to flee from Spain during Franco. Franco was... more or less, part of the "scum of the earth" together with Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot and so on.

the stupidity of the human race sure is everlasting.
    www.overspun.com

"Freedom without opportunity is a devil's gift."
    --Noam Chomsky

Humanist Senior Member Franconicus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Radier
    ... believe in a strong military, ...
    Can anybody explain what that means? You may believe in God, humanity, everlasting stupidity of human race ..., but how can someone believe in strong military? Is it the kind of militarism that Prussia used to have and that the American prohibited?

that means you want your countries military to be strong, well trained, willing to fight, well funded etc
    Formerly ceasar010

why not believe in a strong police or fire fighters or teachers. Why is the military so important for the US? Noone in Germany would say: I believe in strong military.

You dont become a super power with teachers and police. With out our military we wouldn't be top dog in the superpower league any more. And most american want to stay powerful.
    Formerly ceasar010

Senior Member Senior Member Ser Clegane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ceasar010
    You dont become a super power with teachers and police. With out our military we wouldn't be top dog in the superpower league any more. And most american want to stay powerful.
    I would bet that a lot of Americans, like other people in the world, want to have/keep a high standard of living - good schools/teachers might play a more important role in achieving this than a strong military.

Whow. There was a time when Americans did not only call for lead because of their military.

You dont become a super power with teachers and police.
    That's just rubbish. You need teachers to become a super power. Where do you think the heart of military power comes from. Technological advances, which are underpinned by a strong education system. At the heart of it, the base education system is one of the most important parts of any countries strategic array.

Internationalist whacko (some views very left or right of centre.) A bit like Beirut in many respects. Social liberal and crime and punishement? Medievall

I guess I am quite moderate to an extent, as my extreme views tend to balance each other out. I prefer to trust in common sense than ideology personally. I would rather like to ignore labels and adress things on fact. Oh yes, I am in favour of reforming state benefits etc...too wasteful.

I am quickly becoming more conservative though...liberal and some more idealistic views of life are being drowned by coursework

Quote Originally Posted by dgb
    That's just rubbish. You need teachers to become a super power. Where do you think the heart of military power comes from. Technological advances, which are underpinned by a strong education system. At the heart of it, the base education system is one of the most important parts of any countries strategic array.

You need a strong militaries to be a supper power.. not a bunch of people who know complex math problems. Y
    Formerly ceasar010

You need a strong militaries to be a supper power.. not a bunch of people who know complex math problems. Y
    Where do you think that strong military comes from. Lets take the coldwar for example. Do you think all of those nukes could have been developed without a strong education system? How about all those tanks that are in Iraq?
    Last edited by Productivity; 07-21-2005 at 02:55.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123