Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: PETA asks town of Fishkill, NY to change name

Senior Member Senior Member Ser Clegane's Avatar

Default Re: PETA asks town of Fishkill, NY to change name

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser of Arabia
    1. Can't you take a little satire? Too much to handle for ya?
    I tend to get impatient when the spectrum of satire is too narrow - spare us the repitition.

Scruffy Looking Nerf Herder Member Steppe Merc's Avatar

Microsoft doesn't torture animals, Kaiser.

"But if you should fall you fall alone,
    If you should stand then who's to guide you?
    If I knew the way I would take you home."
    Grateful Dead, "Ripple"

|LGA.3rd|General Clausewitz Member Kaiser of Arabia's Avatar

They torture people though. You have no idea how many bottles of perscription strenth painkillers i've been through oin their account!

Why do you hate Freedom?
    The US is marching backward to the values of Michael Stivic.

Animal rights activist are just morons not that their message isn't good (though they are waaaaaaay over board to the point they value animals more then us) but the way they get it across is pathetic all they do is Pi$$ people off by laying in the middle of high ways. Chaining them selves to what ever they can find and generally just causing annoyance. And their stupid hunger strikes.
    Formerly ceasar010

Tree Killer Senior Member Beirut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Big_John
    can spiking kill a tree? that would be ironic..
    I think a copper spike would. Could be brass but I'm pretty sure it's copper.

I still don't understand why some people who decry, with great passion and even violence, those who protest on behalf of a better environment or the rights of animals, have expressed no real emotion at all about those who spread disease and sickness amongst entire populations merely to benefit their profit margin, nor those who torture dogs and monkeys in horrendous and despicable ways.

Some people here are outraged that others "put animal life ahead of human life". What about putting the rights of a sewage pipe above those of your kids?
    Unto each good man a good dog

Feeding the Peanut Gallery Senior Member Redleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beirut
    I think a copper spike would. Could be brass but I'm pretty sure it's copper.
    I think the only metals that wont kill the tree is steel and iron spikes. I think the rest seep into the wood and kills the tissue - but I am not postive either

I still don't understand why some people who decry, with great passion and even violence, those who protest on behalf of a better environment or the rights of animals, have expressed no real emotion at all about those who spread disease and sickness amongst entire populations merely to benefit their profit margin, nor those who torture dogs and monkeys in horrendous and despicable ways.
    Because they confuse corporate profit and human interests over that of the environment?

I don't like PETA because of their desire to prevent me from hunting and fishing if they can get their way. When groups like the ASPCA comes my way - I normally donate money and time to that organization - I often find my dogs thru them also. The organizations do some good - however some of the far looney fringe of the groups go do far - as evident in the attempt by PETA to change the name of a town.

Some people here are outraged that others "put animal life ahead of human life". What about putting the rights of a sewage pipe above those of your kids?
    I say bash the sewage pipes - and fine the "crap" out of any corporation or industry that disregrads establish laws and safeguards met to protect the environment for the all might buck. However that doesn't mean I will ever support the Kyoto Agreement which will set false condtions and standards in order to reduce emmissions from some countries but gives a pass on others.

The current regulations on the environment for the United States need to be enforced before we enter into any world wide agreement.
    O well, seems like 'some' people decide to ruin a perfectly valid threat. Nice going guys... doc bean

Tree Killer Senior Member Beirut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redleg
    I think the only metals that wont kill the tree is steel and iron spikes. I think the rest seep into the wood and kills the tissue - but I am not postive either
    You're right about that. Most metals will poison a tree to some degree. But I think copper is rather faster at it than others. When cabling a tree, we always use stainless steel screws. Cabling is attaching one section of a tree to another with a steel cable so that the stronger section supports the weaker.
    Unto each good man a good dog

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234